• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Khobar   

James, I'm pretty sure that he meant 'wrapped up' in the sense that the deals have been done, but not announced yet - not that Begovic and Falcao are the only signings we're going to make.

You read me like a book.

^^

Cuadrado's value would mostly reduce again so like you I hope Chelsea takes the money offered to them by any club interested in him, chuck it up to making a bad buy in the winter transfer window instead of been stubborn and continuing hoping that he improves to become a more valuable member of the team.

That would mean JOSE admitting he was wrong

bert19   

I miss Crespo =(

So do I. Fantastic player. Such a shame his family couldn't settle here, I think he'd have been brilliant for us in the long run.

Yeah, James , c'mon guys , we're missing out on Delph.

Crimony.

I quite like Delph. Not convinced he's necessarily good enough for a top 4 team, but to be fair to the lad, he's only really got one way to definitively find out.

I'm sure the club are well engaged in strengthening where they see fit. I quite like the idea that we are flying under the radar ( although we may not even have bothered taking off I suppose).

If we can unveil a big signing or two at the time of unveiling the Yokohama sponsorship - on top of the recent movement on ground expansion - I think in hindsight people will look on this period as a masterpiece of transfer market manipulation.

Of course, we may do next to nothing and be waiting for next seasons market I suppose. Whatever, I much prefer watching City, Utd and the murderers carrying out their dealings in the press.

My favourite line of the transfer window so far.

If it is, we can kiss goodbye to the CL for another season, and we will struggle to retain our title.

Anyone who starts their season with the aim of just winning the CL needs their head examining. Ridiculous thing to say James.

Ah OK, oops my mistake. In that case, that's a good thing. Just wish they'd announce them.

Be patient. It may be silly season for the media, but things being relatively quiet at the club tend to mean that we're going about our business quite effectively (if recent history is anything to go by).

Of course, we could all petition Jose to start doing car-window interviews if we want to know a bit more ;-)

Edited by bert19

We seem to be falling behind the other top clubs in terms of buying players this summer. Schweinsteiger to United now. I'd like to see something happen on Griezmann....

So do I. Fantastic player. Such a shame his family couldn't settle here, I think he'd have been brilliant for us in the long run.

I quite like Delph. Not convinced he's necessarily good enough for a top 4 team, but to be fair to the lad, he's only really got one way to definitively find out.

My favourite line of the transfer window so far.

Anyone who starts their season with the aim of just winning the CL needs their head examining. Ridiculous thing to say James.

Be patient. It may be silly season for the media, but things being relatively quiet at the club tend to mean that we're going about our business quite effectively (if recent history is anything to go by).

Of course, we could all petition Jose to start doing car-window interviews if we want to know a bit more ;-)

Of course winning the CL probably isn't our number one priority - but it is a major ambition. The CL is a massive competition, and make no bones about it, there's no doubt in my mind (though I don't KNOW, so don't take it as a statement of fact Bob...) Jose wants to win it, more than once more during the rest of his career. Of course winning everything is always the goal, but the Prem and CL are the ones which really count.

You totally misunderstood my post. I'm just a bit impatient that's all. Pre-season begins on the 15th and Jose normally wants his squad together by pre-season. Need to get a move on if that's going to happen.

Honestly, can people stop with the piss-taking. As far as I can see, no one else gets this level of vitriol here (well apart from Droy when it comes to Matic anyway, and that's not exactly mockery, even if he is wrong) for an innocent comment.

Give it a rest. It's boring and pointless.

Edited by James Prescott

Like I said WHERES THE MONEY GONE?

Biggest TV deal ever plus biggest shirt deal we've ever done, money from players we've sold

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/6539001/Please-Sir-can-I-have-some-Mour.html

Has any club in Europe made a signing we should be envious of?

More importantly have any of our domestic rivals?

The fact that were not in the newspapers every day being linked with big names doesn't mean to say were not looking at players. The press generally have very little idea what we are planning, last year being the exception.

I said a while ago I had been told by a friend who Is quite well informed that we will announce a big name signing the same time the new kit is unveiled. The idea is that the first time we will see our new kit it will be held up at a press conference by a new signing.

Sciatika   

Has any club in Europe made a signing we should be envious of?

More importantly have any of our domestic rivals?

To me, this is key. Will Schweinstieger change ManU's fortunes? No. How about Darmian and Depay? Who? Would ManC be much improved by Sterling and Delph? Doubt it. Bogdan, Clyne and Firmino have gone to LFC. Shrugs shoulders. Alderweireld to the Spuds? Looks more like a move to deepen the squad for the EL rather than improve the first team for the EPL. The biggest signing so far this year is Cech to Arsenal. Will that make them challengers? No. It just means that Ospina, who played well for them, will leave and they will be slightly strengthened in an area where they diod not need strengthening.

Now if Wenger signed a half-decent DM and a new striker, we might take more notice. If ManU (or ManC) replaced its backline with quality defenders then I'd be more concerned.

Of course winning the CL probably isn't our number one priority - but it is a major ambition. The CL is a massive competition, and make no bones about it, there's no doubt in my mind (though I don't KNOW, so don't take it as a statement of fact Bob...) Jose wants to win it, more than once more during the rest of his career. Of course winning everything is always the goal, but the Prem and CL are the ones which really count.

You totally misunderstood my post. I'm just a bit impatient that's all. Pre-season begins on the 15th and Jose normally wants his squad together by pre-season. Need to get a move on if that's going to happen.

Honestly, can people stop with the piss-taking. As far as I can see, no one else gets this level of vitriol here (well apart from Droy when it comes to Matic anyway, and that's not exactly mockery, even if he is wrong) for an innocent comment.

Give it a rest. It's boring and pointless.

Not unlike your repetitive posts wanting things to happen NOW!!!!!