• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

If United are signing Schweinstieger, does that mean they'll lose interest in Schneiderlin?

£25m (which I believe is what Southampton want for him) is a bit high, but then that's the premium you need to pay for someone who counts as Home Grown/Association Trained for Premiership and UEFA squad regulations. He's certainly proved himself in England over a few seasons and could play alongside Matic, thereby allowing Cesc to play further forward when necessary.

I'm not sure what's happening regarding Mikel... Turkish media keep linking him with Fenerbahce, but there is rarely any news from English sources (except those repeating the Turkish stories) and the same stories were doing the rounds last summer and nothing happened. However, if he were to go, I wouldn't say no to Schneiderlin as a replacement (even though their styles and roles are different)

Like I said WHERES THE MONEY GONE?

Biggest TV deal ever plus biggest shirt deal we've ever done, money from players we've sold

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/6539001/Please-Sir-can-I-have-some-Mour.html

I can tell you where it is going. Despite English teams having coffers swelled with money, the top talent in the world doesn't come here. They go to other teams such as Barca, Real and Bayern. The remaining talent that's available each summer are still good, but the marginal utility of spending 100% more than a ayers real worth isn't very high obviously. In other words, English teams doesn't get the quality the money they spend suggest.

So it doesn't matter if we have more money because the pool of talent hasn't grown a bit. The best ones still doesn't come here and we are still forced to vastly overpay for the players we can attract.

I don't foresee this to change.

Edit: Sterling for £50m being an excellent example.

Edit 2: So other European teams will get players only marginally below the quality English teams (if at all worse) sign but for vastly lower fees.

Edit 3: Man u's main business this summer so far is Depay and Darmian. Hardly top players although the have been signed for high fees.

Edited by Sleeping Dave

Who's to say our business isn't already wrapped up?

Do you mean that we're not going to be buying anyone or that we are and the deals are agreed but are yet to be announced?

Do you mean that we're not going to be buying anyone or that we are and the deals are agreed but are yet to be announced?

Sorry, I've now found out that I'm out of date :)

On another note, have we officially unveiled the signing of Nathan?

We have announced him going on loan but it seems I've missed him being actually signed in the first place. Or have I missed it?

On another note, have we officially unveiled the signing of Nathan?

We have announced him going on loan but it seems I've missed him being actually signed in the first place. Or have I missed it?

28AD87F500000578-0-image-a-15_1431621299

Jay Seal   

Easy thing to write about without knowing anything

The truth is we don't even have a shirt to hold up. Start worrying after the new shirt and sponsor is unveiled.

No author regurgitating Beasley's article 12 hours earlier - the same Beasley assuring everyone on Twitter that the club are looking at marquee signings.

All completely worthless.