• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Zoowraa   

Not sure really. Mandzukic and Turan have gone, Jimenez will probably leave on loan. Simeone has suggested a more attacking approach this season as well I believe. So if you think of Martinez/Vietto/Carrasco as their replacements to join Torres and Griezmann it works out. Still have some hope we'll make a big bid for Griezmann though.

Is that Jimenez as in the young Uruguayan centre half ? Didn't realise they were loaning him out, he looks a good player for the future. Be interesting too see where he goes and how he gets on.

Personally, I would rather have Koke than Greizmann. Both very good players, I just think Koke fits Chelsea like a hand in glove.

Koke, Begovic, Falcao and maybe one more and I would be happy with our summer dealings. Maybe Pedro, though never been fully convinced by him. Good goalscorer and finisher, just a little on the light side

Edited by Zoowraa

Haha, exactly that!

Guys, just chill out with all the panic, i am yet to see a player move clubs that I wish we had signed, so until/unless that happens i'm not going to be too worried.

The club would be crazy to allow any kind of leaks or anything to develop in the press, clubs around the world know we're in a very good position financially with the new TV package, the huge sponsorship deal and the very successful recent transfer windows we've had (big selling fees for non key players) and so if we allowed hype to build in the press, it just gives the selling club another string to the selling bow and ability to push the price up even more.

The market is not going to be a good one for us this summer, not many available players that could improve us and value just isn't there. That said, i think the club will focus on the positions we need to strengthen and ensure they get the required ability for the best possible value and if they can't, they won't just throw money and a hope and a prayer.

Besides, shouldn't everyone be excited about the lack of signings as it will give a chance to our youth? Or do we want our cake and to eat it? All the big name signings but also giving our youngsters first team opportunities? Feels like the club can't win!

Agree with pretty much everything you're saying here. Except for the bit about the lack of signings giving youth a chance - mainly because most of the good ones are heading out (or back out) on loans, and won't be here to be given that chance.

Lots of major rumours about Pedro now, apparently bid £22 million and Jose & Fabregas have convinced him to come.

Would be pleased with that. Proven quality player, relatively cheap, still at his peak, in a position we need to improve.

I am all for giving youth a chance - hence I would not replace Mikel, to give RLC a chance. And next summer I would bring Bamford into the squad, and long term Baker and Solanke should be given chances.

Only RLC is ready this season I think. And looks like he is getting a chance.

The new shirts are officially unveiled on Thursday. The club then fly off to America for some pre-season games a few days later.
I anticipate a flurry of activity this week with deals we've been working on for a while finally being announced. That should keep James, amongst others who are equally impatient, from blowing a gasket ;-)

Jay Seal   

Agree with pretty much everything you're saying here. Except for the bit about the lack of signings giving youth a chance - mainly because most of the good ones are heading out (or back out) on loans, and won't be here to be given that chance.

I know Traore isn't exactly an academy product but if him and RLC get meaningful minutes this season then it is still a big(ish) step in the right direction. Much better that than a stack of youth players sitting around with hardly any minutes between them.

Does still leave the squad looking short though.

Pedro just signed a new 4 year contract. Find it hard to believe that £22m would be enough. They also can't use Turan or Vidal until January so will leave them a bit thin.

Edited by Bridge Soldier

Jay Seal   

Pedro just signed a new 4 year contract. Find it hard to believe that £22m would be enough. They also can't use Turan or Vidal until January so will leave them a bit thin.

£22m seems just about his supposed buyout clause depending on what rate you're using.

rumour has it that his buyout was cut by 75% when he signed it though, and the pound to euro makes for a great time to buy at moment from europe.