• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

A few things that surprise me about Pedro from looking at the wiki:

He's 27, I had the impression that he was younger, maybe 22/23

He's only 5ft 5 1/2 so surely he'd be one of the smallest people in the squad, will it hamper him in English football?

He scored 58 goals in 204 games for Barca - seems like a very good return, considering how many Messi scores and the fact that he's a fringe player.

Agree with pretty much everything you're saying here. Except for the bit about the lack of signings giving youth a chance - mainly because most of the good ones are heading out (or back out) on loans, and won't be here to be given that chance.

I agree with your point.

Indeed I don't think any of our youth is ready for a first team squad role anyway.

I know you think Bamford is ready, but I'm not sure I really agree yet.

If so it is a minor role, and one that Traore might get. Traore is for me the man most likely to succeed, but I think even he needs some playing time elsewhere first.

Bamford and Traore aside, the reason that Kalas, Omeruo and others are going on loan is simply because they are not ready for PL football.

The rest - a seventeen year old Striker, Solanke, and most of all RLC at CM - are 2 years off a role (if...).

Leo91   

I think what's most frustrating is that after the season we've just had, a statement has been made. Champions of England, Mourinho as manager, players should be biting at the bit to join us.

I think what's most frustrating is that after the season we've just had, a statement has been made. Champions of England, Mourinho as manager, players should be biting at the bit to join us.

What players are you referring to? And who says they aren't?!

The other thing is that I don't even think we need to get anyone world class apart from maybe a midfielder. We just need depth, someone mentioned a player in the Meireles mould and that would be the type of quality in any position that would add good depth. 3-4 of those would put us in a stronger position and we may not see a drop off in form for the likes of Oscar and Fabregas in the latter part of the season

^ to be fair James, you are happy with every single signing we make. I have never seen you question one yet.

I wasn't sure Drogba was the right signing last summer - but I dare not criticise him here in case I got slaughtered for daring to criticise a Chelsea legend. I was actually proved right about Drogba. His experience was useful, but his performances were poor overall.

I'm still not 100% convinced about Cuadrado yet either, to be honest - but I do believe he deserves a chance to prove himself. And I wasn't ever won over by Salah.

So I don't agree with every signing. But I do try and see the clubs' point of view, and try to get behind them even if I don't agree with them.

In other news, looks like Sterling is City bound, Sky and other sources saying they're in advanced talks and Sterling isn't going on Liverpool's tour. So can leave that one now I think.

Pedro actually would probably be better value - his quality, his recent performances, and the price tag would suggest that. But still would have supported Sterling coming here had it happened.

World Class players in which positions? The only areas where I could see us looking at bringing in "world class" players are at CM and AM/RW. There aren't many top class options out there anyway. I'm not sure who these top players "biting at the bit to join us" would be...

To be fair nobody has made any transfers that sits back and make me think we wish we signed him, if rumours of pedro are true then id be happy getting him as its an upgrade on curardado and some genuine competition/upgrade for/on willian depending on your outlook, I'm pretty sure the wheels of industry are turning in the background just as they were last year, we have had a good few windows of late and I'm hopeful this wont change this summer either, its just a case of the club working on the quiet to get the targets they want out of the spotlight.