• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

In terms of youth products - Bamford isn't ready to come here. He'd be third choice and barely play. He needs to be playing regularly in the Prem for a season to get games, and experience in the Prem, and then he can come back and be a legitimate first team contender. My opinion is that's the plan with him. Traore could well be invovled this season I think, certainly next season. RLC will be more involved this season than last IMO, especially if MIkel goes.

Solanke and Brown aren't ready yet. They are still very young. But in two years or so, I suspect they'll get a major chance. Jose has said they will - and if they don't, it will be thrown back at him, so I doubt he'd have said it otherwise. He didn't need to say it but did. Indeed, Brown was involved with the squad this season.

Building a team and bringing youngsters through takes time, you can't just throw kids into the first team totally raw - even some of the United kids of 92 had loan spells at other clubs. JT did. Lamps did when he was with the Hammers. Patience will pay off I think. Not all of them may make it, but some of them will.

Zoowraa   

I wasn't sure Drogba was the right signing last summer - but I dare not criticise him here in case I got slaughtered for daring to criticise a Chelsea legend. I was actually proved right about Drogba. His experience was useful, but his performances were poor overall.

I'm still not 100% convinced about Cuadrado yet either, to be honest - but I do believe he deserves a chance to prove himself. And I wasn't ever won over by Salah.

So I don't agree with every signing. But I do try and see the clubs' point of view, and try to get behind them even if I don't agree with them.

In other news, looks like Sterling is City bound, Sky and other sources saying they're in advanced talks and Sterling isn't going on Liverpool's tour. So can leave that one now I think.

Pedro actually would probably be better value - his quality, his recent performances, and the price tag would suggest that. But still would have supported Sterling coming here had it happened.

I was referring to prior / when we sign them . These players your not sure about, I'm sure we're seen as positive signings by you at the time.

Nothing wrong with being positive, but the overly positive approach on everything is maybe why your posts attract a lot of unwanted attraction. I think most people know what your post contains before they read it.

Zoowraa   

I agree with your point.

Indeed I don't think any of our youth is ready for a first team squad role anyway.

I know you think Bamford is ready, but I'm not sure I really agree yet.

If so it is a minor role, and one that Traore might get. Traore is for me the man most likely to succeed, but I think even he needs some playing time elsewhere first.

Bamford and Traore aside, the reason that Kalas, Omeruo and others are going on loan is simply because they are not ready for PL football.

The rest - a seventeen year old Striker, Solanke, and most of all RLC at CM - are 2 years off a role (if...).

Based on what though? It's a genuine question and I'm not having a dig. But if you think none of our youth are ready then what is it based on? Surely you have to have seen them play on a few occasions either on loan elsewhere or in our U21 games .

I can't ever recall you talking about any of our youth players attributes , good or bad, to come to this conclusion.

We can't just say they are not ready dos the club has not played them. That is just taking the easy option to hide behind.

I was referring to prior / when we sign them . These players your not sure about, I'm sure we're seen as positive signings by you at the time.

Nothing wrong with being positive, but the overly positive approach on everything is maybe why your posts attract a lot of unwanted attraction. I think most people know what your post contains before they read it.

Actually, they weren't. That's how I felt at the time.

But because I support Chelsea I get behind our players rather than immediately try to find ways or reasons to criticise - which honestly I think some people here do.

Zoowraa   

Actually, they weren't. That's how I felt at the time.

But because I support Chelsea I get behind our players rather than immediately try to find ways or reasons to criticise - which honestly I think some people here do.

I stand corrected then. All I have ever read is postivity on everything, but if you tell me that not the case then fair enough.

In terms of youth products - Bamford isn't ready to come here. He'd be third choice and barely play. He needs to be playing regularly in the Prem for a season to get games, and experience in the Prem, and then he can come back and be a legitimate first team contender. My opinion is that's the plan with him. Traore could well be invovled this season I think, certainly next season. RLC will be more involved this season than last IMO, especially if MIkel goes.

Solanke and Brown aren't ready yet. They are still very young. But in two years or so, I suspect they'll get a major chance. Jose has said they will - and if they don't, it will be thrown back at him, so I doubt he'd have said it otherwise. He didn't need to say it but did. Indeed, Brown was involved with the squad this season.

Building a team and bringing youngsters through takes time, you can't just throw kids into the first team totally raw - even some of the United kids of 92 had loan spells at other clubs. JT did. Lamps did when he was with the Hammers. Patience will pay off I think. Not all of them may make it, but some of them will.

Beckham had a short loan at PNE

Giggs never went on loan

Gary Neville never went on loan

Phil Neville never went on loan

Nicky Butt never went on loan

Paul Scholes never went on loan

JT had a short loan at Nottingham Forest

Frank Lampard had a short loan at Swansea

So your point is...?

To be fair nobody has made any transfers that sits back and make me think we wish we signed him

I'll feel a twinge if/when Sterling goes to City; more because that'd be another viable home grown option gone than out of what he might have brought to us. A few years ago I'd be sick at the sight of Schewinstieger at United, now I'm genuinely curious about how he'll get on there.

cam4blue   

Based on what though? It's a genuine question and I'm not having a dig. But if you think none of our youth are ready then what is it based on? Surely you have to have seen them play on a few occasions either on loan elsewhere or in our U21 games .

I can't ever recall you talking about any of our youth players attributes , good or bad, to come to this conclusion.

We can't just say they are not ready dos the club has not played them. That is just taking the easy option to hide behind.

Most young players won't make it at Chelsea. If you say that every young player coming through (and every young player signed) won't make it, you will be right most of the time without having to make any effort or know anything about them or the club. If one does work out, either ignore that you said they wouldn't, or point to the ones that didn't.

Negativity lazily based on odds is easier than taking the time to form a proper opinion.

I support Chelsea I get behind our players rather than immediately try to find ways or reasons to criticise - which honestly I think some people here do.

Forced platitudinal praise is just as annoying as forced platitudinal criticism; especially when it's endlessly repeated.

If I were posting in this thread as much as you are, Harvz would be threatening to ban me. ;-p

Scooba   

I'll feel a twinge if/when Sterling goes to City; more because that'd be another viable home grown option gone than out of what he might have brought to us. A few years ago I'd be sick at the sight of Schewinstieger at United, now I'm genuinely curious about how he'll get on there.

I don't imagine we will fully find out how he may have got on at United because he will spend most of his time injured.

I recently saw stories claiming Chelsea wanted €35m for Mikel

This story better explains the truth behind the number, and (sort of) confirms that Mikel is staying

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33477349