• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Dingus   

Sorry James,I'm not digging you out, but the way it looks is this.

WE AINT BUYING ANYONE ELSE APART STONES (and that looks like it may not happen)

I've been saying this for the last 3 weeks, where has the money gone?

Money from winning the league, TV money and the new shirt deal, a profit on selling Cech and bringing in his replacement, other players sold or will be, yet no one is coming in.

God help us if we get a couple of serious injuries to key players, Jose doesn't trust the younger players so what happens then?

The squad barely coped last season and fell over the winning line, if we don't improve the numbers WE WILL STRUGGLE

What do you mean "where has the money gone?"

If Jose and the board feel there aren't any available (and that's the key word here) players that will significantly improve the squad, then why would we buy for the sake of buying?

It doesn't mean that we don't have any money to spend, it means that we're being sensible with our dealings now and not wasting cash.

Sciatika   

Agreed

I've been saying this for the last 3 weeks, where has the money gone?

In the bank. We are probably making offers but players are going for more than they are worth to us, so we don't sign.

God help us if we get a couple of serious injuries to key players, Jose doesn't trust the younger players so what happens then?

Maybe he has decided he does, after all. Maybe, he is looking at the long term where he has to bring them through.

The squad barely coped last season and fell over the winning line...

That's because we did not rotate enough. Even JM has admitted that.

if we don't improve the numbers WE WILL STRUGGLE

JM is saying that each player (and himself) will need to improve if we want to win it again.

So maybe we will see more rotation of players particularly in the midfield where we have Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Cuadrado, Moses, RLC, Mikel, Matic, Ramires, Traore, Fabregas as well as using other players such as Zouma or Solanke to "do a job".

Harvz   

If Jose and the board feel there aren't any available (and that's the key word here) players that will significantly improve the squad, then why would we buy for the sake of buying?

Agreed. As much as I'd like us to be playing Football Manager again this off season. I'd imagine they think the current squad can improve - and I'd have to agree - so a few tweaks should be enough. I am, however, hoping that one of those tweaks involves a goalscoring wide player. Pedro would do very nicely. Not convinced I want to bank on Cuadrado improving by the necessary margin.

Well the Barca president stayed the same so we could now see Pedro on the horizon.

Does anyone really believe a word that Jose says on transfers? We are in silly season and more often than not anything he says is part of negotiation. Now I think we are all a little worried that the squad hasn't improved as yet and we can all see the market has become inflated. Schnierdelen for 100k+ a week and £25mill? He is a solid player but would only ever be a third rotation option for midfield.

Moving forward, the Barca president has just been re-elected. From the noise going round previously this is the best thing from a Pedro point of view as the other guy was publicly saying he would stay. Would love this move to happen.

Personally am not keen on Stones at the prices quoted. Watched him at the U21's, admittedly difficult to judge individuals in such a poor team performance, but he was very bad in the game he played. The jury is out although I think my problem with his signing is that the money is needed far more desperately in the midfield/AM position.

At this stage, I'd be happy with some better usage of the squad/more trust in players outside the first eleven, and in terms of signings - Pedro and (admittedly from what little I've seen) an £8-12m Aranguiz, because it looks like he ticks a lot of midfield boxes, plus he seemingly has the ability to play on the right when we need a more defensively minded option out there.

Not so keen on Witsel, and in times where we're trying to be sensible with spending, the thought of us wasting £50m on him and Cuadrado in just over six months leaves me cold.

If Pedro does come in, I doubt very much it would be at the expense of Cuadrado. More like he'd be taking up Salah's spot.

Sea foot   

Sorry James,I'm not digging you out, but the way it looks is this.

James gets pulled up for stating opinions as facts yet it seems that it is ok for others to do the same.

If Pedro does come in, I doubt very much it would be at the expense of Cuadrado. More like he'd be taking up Salah's spot.

More likely ending any hope Moses had of featuring for us.