• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Some, not all.

I accept that in some cases we aid their development to the point that they are "ahead of schedule" and reach their plateau at such an early age that it's understandable that some people may believe the players have more to give when they don't.

With others, I believe that the constant merry-go-round of loans are more likely to stunt their development than aid it.

Yeah well, with several hundred million footballers but only a few thousand professional spots available in the world, the rate of "making it" has got to be against them wherever they are.

The fact that they are with Chelsea probably opens more doors for them than it closes. It's about making smart choices and taking the available chances.

Unfortunately they're also at the mercy of some pretty stupid people over the course of their career. So there's that.

New three year contract and a loan move to Palace for Patrick Bamford.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/07/new-deal-for-bamford.html

Hmm. CP probably a better choice than some, but hardly perfect for Bamford, IMO.

Here's wishing him well.

Khobar   

Yeah well, with several hundred million footballers but only a few thousand professional spots available in the world, the rate of "making it" has got to be against them wherever they are.

Quite right, it has always been the same - the vast majority of kids never make it to the big time. It's just that these days it is easier to see rather than reading a programme or watching games in the Football Combination. Edited by Khobar

If the squad remains as lopsided quality wise , I think we're gonna have to get the job done by half-time , just so we can rest 'key' players more often than last year.

Zoowraa   

And of course the great thing about the internet is that facts can be checked quite easily and quickly. He scored no league goals last season and has a grand total of 3 in 107 PL appearances.

*Massive Sigh* let's deal with this bollox post shall we.

Firstly, where did I state anything was a fact? Secondly, where did I state Delph was prolific ? In fact , where did I state he was even anything like a 1 in 6 man.......nope that's right , I didn't. I said he can add a goal to the mix.

Thirdly, if you have ever watched Villa under Lambert then you will know they had one tactic. Stick as many men behind the ball and give up possession to use the pace of Aghbonlar, Weimann, Benetek on the counter. He is not designed to contribute many goals playing like this. Just like Cleverly (pre Sherwood) just like Westwood. Bit of football intelligence for you there, rather than pedantic stats that add nothing.

Fourth, as you like stats. His goals to games ratio for Leeds was better than at Villa as he was not behind the ball defending most of the time. It was not prolific, but then again, I never said he was from the start did I ???

Fifth, the debate that you were not involved in was comparing the two Ferds at that much superior team called Man City. Neither of them have shown themselves to be great PL scoring midfielders since they have been here playing for this massively superior team to villa have they.

Six, this offer is exclusively for you . Happy to let you name the stake up to £100 max that Delph scores more for City than Fernandinho in all competitions. Not worth including Fernando as its a given he will.

jones   

If we sign Stones and swap Luis for Rahman the remaining issues for me is the 4th AM and 3rd CM. The quality of those could be higher:)

Definitely.

However, I have a very good feeling about Traore. Perhaps this season is too early for him to make much of an impact, but from what I have seen and what I have read, he will be a special player.

Ham   

More people are in here than any other thread so I'll post here. Community Shield tickets are available to all members at the mo. £20. If you're interested get onto the site now.

xCELERYx   

Omeruo has joined Turkish side Kasimpasa on loan.

Expecting a host of loan deals to happen over the next week or so.