• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

From what I've been told by a German friend, like many young full-backs these days he likes to get up the pitch and attack. He's reasonably solid defensively, but doesn't get back quickly enough at times when caught up the pitch. His positioning is also a bit suspect, but as a 21 year old with what? 30 or so senior games under his belt in a top division, many of his deficiencies should be ironed out by good coaching.

Yeah, that's the same as I have heard, which is backed up by his stats which shows he has a high amount of tackles per game, which isn't something I normally like to see with a FB as it does tell you they've been caught out a lot a trying to recover, as defensively solid FBs generally intercept more than tackle. As you say, hopefully this can be ironed out with coaching, however that will require that he can carrying out orders, which is always 50/50. At the moment I am very neutral on this transfer as I simply do not know enough about the player as I've only seen him a couple of times in games I wasn't paying much attention to and he didn't particularlly stand out.

xCELERYx   

I see Cambiasso is on the market , easily Leicesters best player last year , ex Inter , ideal short term solution.

Was thinking the same thing when I saw it. He'd make a excellent short term addition, even if he is ex-Inter scum. Plus, Mourinho knows him and his ability. The fact he's also got some creativity is an added bonus.

As for Stones, if we do get the chance to speak with him, they should certainly be selling the idea of learning from Terry. Something that won't be around for too much longer.

From what I've been told by a German friend, like many young full-backs these days he likes to get up the pitch and attack. He's reasonably solid defensively, but doesn't get back quickly enough at times when caught up the pitch. His positioning is also a bit suspect, but as a 21 year old with what? 30 or so senior games under his belt in a top division, many of his deficiencies should be ironed out by good coaching.

Not ideal for what we need then it would appear. We've all pretty much accepted that Jose will have one FB playing high up the pitch, and as a consequence the other FB rarely going past the halfway line. As high side player is almost certainly likely to be Ivanovic, we could have another Luis situation on our hands. Luis didn't have the opportunity to get forward much which is a shame because I thought his understanding with Costa, intricate play and crossing ability was a real plus.

That said, the kid is only 21 so will we undoubtedly be looking at this from the long term POV

bert19   

Was thinking the same thing when I saw it. He'd make a excellent short term addition, even if he is ex-Inter scum. Plus, Mourinho knows him and his ability. The fact he's also got some creativity is an added bonus.

As for Stones, if we do get the chance to speak with him, they should certainly be selling the idea of learning from Terry. Something that won't be around for too much longer.

After last season, he shouldn't be short of offers either. He was fantastic for Leicester.

I've heard much worse ideas for us too - wouldn't mind him being here for a year or so at all.

Jay Seal   

I doubt we could offer Cambiasso the playing time he'd want.

This is wishful thinking but do any high level AMs anyone can think of wear number 23?

BlueFizz   

I see Cambiasso is on the market , easily Leicesters best player last year , ex Inter , ideal short term solution.

'Short-term solution' to what?

Bite the bullet - Jose (as he re-iterated yesterday) is happy with our midfield. Interestingly he defined it as: Fabregas, Matic, Oscar, Ramires, Mikel and Loftus-Cheek.

Of course, if any of these guys get offers and go, we'll be looking I suppose.

Interestingly he defined it as: Fabregas, Matic, Oscar, Ramires, Mikel and Loftus-Cheek.

I like the look of that as a midfield, I'm a massive fan of Loftus-Cheek and think he could save us a fortune. I've said it before but he's far better than Pogba was at the same age. I also like the idea of Oscar playing deeper but don't think it will ever happen.

The problem with that midfield though is that it leaves our Attacking Midfielders looking like this : Hazard, Willian, Cuadrado, Moses, Toure and Salah. Hazard and Willian aside, that is awful.

James, why do you think Cuadrado will leave? He signed in January and just swapped shirt number to 11. It certainly seems he isn't going anywhere if you ask me.

If we are to lose an AM it'll be either Moses or Traore 100%. I'd be stunned if we let go of Cuadrado at this stage.

I wouldn't at all. It's been heavily rumoured all over the media, including the fact that he might want to leave. Juve have been quite open in their interest. However, apparently Jose wants what we paid for him. Of course it's mostly rumours, but Juve have been quoted as being interested.

I wouldn't say he's guaranteed to stay, but at the same time, he's no certainty to leave either. It's possible he could stay and it's possible he could go. Either way it's no issue, provided we get a decent replacement. I've no problem with him staying and being given a chance. However, if he goes it might not be Pedro replacing him, as Spanish media is now saying Pedro is going to United.

Shirt numbers mean nothing. Gallas had the number 3 shirt before Cole came, that didn't stop Cole coming and him going.

Edited by James Prescott

I like the look of that as a midfield, I'm a massive fan of Loftus-Cheek and think he could save us a fortune. I've said it before but he's far better than Pogba was at the same age. I also like the idea of Oscar playing deeper but don't think it will ever happen.

The problem with that midfield though is that it leaves our Attacking Midfielders looking like this : Hazard, Willian, Cuadrado, Moses, Toure and Salah. Hazard and Willian aside, that is awful.

Oscar, Fabregas, Matic, Mikel, Ramires and RLC for three positions (two CM and the number 10 role) makes perfect sense.

Hazard, Willian, Moses, Cuadrado and Traore for two wide positions also makes perfect sense - especially as Ramires can play on the wing if need be too.

It's two players (or more) for each position. Perfectly logical. And if one goes, one will come.

Yugi   

Likely because there were several stories about Cuadrado leaving.

He was very poor for us when he did make an appearance.

Moses is the only other player likely of leaving.

Other teams had 'reportedly' been interested in signing Cuadrado from us.

James thinking their would be a chance that Cuadrado could leave, is not really that much of a stretch.

Traore is younger, less expensive and Jose said he wanted him with the Squad.

Moses while he could leave. Is also homegrown.

I've just read the next offer for Stones might be 26£M + Moses...

This move would make room for another AM, Pedro maybe ?

Starting with Hazard, Oscar, Wilian leaves Pedro, Cuadrado and Traore on the bench

http://pulse.ng/sports/football/victor-moses-chelsea-to-use-nigeria-forward-to-get-everton-defender-john-stones-id4000502.html

Don't know how reliable it is, but would make sense to me