• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Sarin   

Another one to Vitesse

Now THAT is interesting.

He is still very young, 17 I believe.

Club rates him highly.

We have strengthened Vitesse a lot this year. From memory it is.

Baker - central or attacking mid

Brown - striker or winger

Nathan - winger

Pantic - midfield

Solanke as another striker.

At least he will have a few Chelsea players with him, and knows Baker / Brown very well.

Khobar   

Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck

Raheem Sterling?

Edit: ah, sorry. Getting my 'I's' and 'U's' muddled. Doc says I have irritable vowel syndrome.

Edited by Khobar

Now THAT is interesting.

He is still very young, 17 I believe.

Club rates him highly.

We have strengthened Vitesse a lot this year. From memory it is.

Baker - central or attacking mid

Brown - striker or winger

Nathan - winger

Pantic - midfield

Solanke as another striker.

At least he will have a few Chelsea players with him, and knows Baker / Brown very well.

Not enough for them to avoid losing 0-3 to Southampton in the Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round. Let's see how they do in the return leg on Thursday at Vitesse.

Holymoly   

At the end of last season I was dreaming of Pogba and Bale and instead all we've achieved is to lose Cech. If we don't start like a train at the weekend the knives are going to be out all over the place.

Khobar   

Boom. I said a while ago we are a club that's a graveyard for strikers and I got shouted down. Maybe I should become an admin ;)

Statistically, many clubs are a graveyard for strikers. It appears that something about the role makes a large amount of them unable to adapt to a new team. Much easier to say that a new striker is going to be a flop than a success I reckon.

Rob B   

Interesting decision re. Solanke, for two reasons. 1) Very suprised the club didn't keep him around until the end of the window to see how Costa's injury pans out and 2) It's a complete U-Turn on what Jose said back in April about it being important he stays with the squad next season. Went along the lines of there being two options and one of those options would be a mistake (loan to championship or abroad) and that he and RLC will stay with the squad and will never go out on loan

Stim   

At the end of last season I was dreaming of Pogba and Bale and instead all we've achieved is to lose Cech. If we don't start like a train at the weekend the knives are going to be out all over the place.

From what I've seen knives are already out and we haven't even kicked a PL ball yet.

Another one to Vitesse

Solanke_materiaalruimte.jpg

If anyone was in doubt over how much rubbish Jose spouts on a regular basis...

"Next year Solanke has two ways to go. For me it would be a big mistake for him to go on loan to another team in England or Europe.

Staying at Chelsea, training with the first team, having pre-season with the first team, sometimes covering the main strikers, and playing every week again for the U-21 and the U-18 - he would probably never need to go out on loan. He can just go step by step here, and in a couple of years he will be a first team player."

Jose Mourinho, 25 April 2015

14 weeks later and he's shipped out on loan.

Not enough for them to avoid losing 0-3 to Southampton in the Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round. Let's see how they do in the return leg on Thursday at Vitesse.

I think no one really expected Vitesse to beat a top-half EPL side. They were out of Europe as soon as they drew Saints.

That's what happens if you don't win a single pre-season game.

Interesting decision re. Solanke, for two reasons. 1) Very suprised the club didn't keep him around until the end of the window to see how Costa's injury pans out and 2) It's a complete U-Turn on what Jose said back in April about it being important he stays with the squad next season. Went along the lines of there being two options and one of those options would be a mistake (loan to championship or abroad) and that he and RLC will stay with the squad and will never go out on loan

1) I doubt Solanke would've been a serious option: There's 3 strikers and a handful of other senior players (at least Oscar, Traore, Moses + Zouma) that need to get injured/banned for Solanke to even be considered.

2) Absolutely, but that's always been Mourinho. What did happen though: Vitesse became desperate for a striker and (not really news, nor surprising) Abraham took to the U21s like a duck to water. I doubt it was Mourinho's call in the end. It's just better for Solanke to be playing at a higher level than the U21s and it's also better for him to make way for the next players in the pipeline. If Mourinho wants to give someone meaningless minutes, there's enough other youth strikers around.

jones   

Solanke, who turns 18 during this season, seems to be offered an opportunity to be first choice striker for a top half team playing in Eredivisie. Training with good friends and playing for a manager who knows he has to please Chelsea.

This surely is a great opportunity. Solankes impact on our first team was always going to be minimal this year.