• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Khobar   

But I will have £5 to buy 5 litres of cheap foreign milk or 1 litre of expensive English milk.

I'm lactose intolerant.

According to José, our business is now all done (I'm assuming the Rahman transfer is pretty much done and dusted)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3185759/Jose-Mourinho-puts-John-Stones-burner-Chelsea-boss-insists-transfer-window-over.html

The good news is that we're not wasting money on Stones, if the above is true.

If you read what he says it sounds more like he is going to be concentrating on training the squad rather than dealing with transfers, which doesn't mean that the board won't be working on transfers. To be honest, I still expect Rahman and Stones. In a prefect world we would also see another CM and AM, but that seems very remote now and has done for some time.

Khobar   

I fear I'm latte to this thread.

Ham   

What with this discussion and Jose's egg nonsence, omeletting myself out. Cheerio.

If you read what he says it sounds more like he is going to be concentrating on training the squad rather than dealing with transfers, which doesn't mean that the board won't be working on transfers. To be honest, I still expect Rahman and Stones. In a prefect world we would also see another CM and AM, but that seems very remote now and has done for some time.

I don't think José is involved much in transfers anyway... he may say "get me x and y if you can" or be asked "z is available... do you want him?" but I would hope all of his time is spent preparing the squad.

With the exception of Rahman (who I believe will be announced soon from what I've heard), and listening to the interview, I got the impression that what we've got now is it. No Stones. Nobody else, either. Now I know he made a similar statement back in December about not wanting to disrupt the squad with sales and purchases only for us to sell Schürrle, loan out Salah and bring in Cuadrado, but I honestly don't think our valuation of Stones is close to what Everton will want (even if they are prepared to sell, which they seem not to be... they're looking to bring in a central defender, not get rid of another one!)

You want Spanish or French or German TV revenues - good luck - I get the cream to play for me.

I don't need TV money. I'm lucky enough to have found a stupid man to pay five times the milks worth.

Edit: and the cream I don't sell to you. I sell it to the highest bidder and for that your TV money isn't enough. If you bought less overpriced milk you might be able to compete for the cream. But you don't, so... Yeah. You get the picture.

Edited by Sleeping Dave

Stones is still well on for me. I don't believe we have given up on him at all. Jose was clear he needed another CB, and the rumours are still going strong. Today papers and social media were all saying Everton were pretty much preparing for him to go when the bidding gets to 30 million. And I don't think Buck would have gone to talk to Everton and smooth things over after the £26 million bid if there was to be no third bid.

Plus, I also think the policies about the Stones transfer have changed and we are being less public in our pursuit of him. And of course, we all know Jose never tells the exact truth around transfers.

I think what he meant by those comments anyway was that he would rather the transfer season be over before the season begins. Not ruling anything or anyone out.

As for the eggs and ommlettes - there are no issues with Jose and Roman in my view. Chelsea aren't going to spend stupid money anymore, period. We want to be self-sufficient. Jose knew that coming back and has talked about it since.

The main reason for the new stadium - which it's been said would be paid for not by the club but by Roman through a separate company, so makes no difference financially to us - is to increase revenue so we have more income to invest. And that will come.

Anyway, I think Jose wants Rahman & Stones - and I think we will get them both.

Edited by James Prescott

I don't think we need Stones and I don't think JM believes we need him. We might want him, we might see him as worth the price over the next 10 or 15 years. But I doubt we need him for 2015/16.

4 of our defenders can play CB, 2 can play RB, only one can play LB.

On the other hand we need Rahman of similar this year just as we needed a 29 year old Luis last season.

Holymoly   

How in god's name we haven't cashed in on Cuadrado I have no idea. Pre-seaon has shown him to be as ineffective as last season with little sign of him attempting to toughen up.