• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

No chance are we signing Antony Grease Man, not unless Remy leaves and we offer a ridiculous amount of money. I feel we will eventually get Stones before the window shuts, but Everton will milk us for every last penny. Then that's it, but I will feel more confident knowing we have addressed the defence. I feel the goals at the other end will start to come from Sunday.

Edited by Alan Conway

1. We must believe that they have a 'breaking' figure, at which the big shiny pound sign becomes more tempting for them than retaining the player.

2. We will have set our own 'cut off' figure for him; we will edge towards it - if they still decline to do business when we reach it, we will move on to other options.

3. If we get him at or below our 'cut off' figure we will see the acquisition as value-adding in the current market and given his potential value in future.

None of that is necessary surely?

If 1. is true then we must have asked what that number is by now.

If 2. is true then we must already know if this is less than 1.

If neither are true then why are we still dicking about with all this nonsense?

BlueFizz   

None of that is necessary surely?

If 1. is true then we must have asked what that number is by now.

If 2. is true then we must already know if this is less than 1.

If neither are true then why are we still dicking about with all this nonsense?

Your thinking tells me you would be a good person to sell a second-hand car to.

If I'm Everton, why would I name my selling price? You (Chelsea) might bid higher than the amount I'd accept and I make even more money. It's always in the seller's best interest not to tell the buyer his lowest acceptable price.

Therefore your second point is invalid.

Now, how much do you want for that 22,000 mile Fiat Uno of yours?

Edited by BlueFizz

Your thinking tells me you would be a good person to sell a second-hand car to.

If I'm Everton, why would I name my selling price? You (Chelsea) might bid higher than the amount I'd accept and I make even more money. It's always in the seller's best interest not to tell the buyer his lowest acceptable price.

Therefore your second point is invalid.

Now, how much do you want for that 22,000 mile Fiat Uno of yours?

Why? I know how much I have to spend - this pissing contest about price is stupid.

I have £1,000 to spend on a car, can I have that one please? No? Ok then, I'll go next door.

It would cost £70-80 million to get both. If Stones is £35 million Barkley would be at least the same IMO.

But to get them both would be awesome.

Really? How can you be certain of that? It would be a huge step up for both of them.

One rag is now suggesting it will need to be 40 million for Stones now. A ludicrous price if true and we shouldn't pay it. Zouma is ours and looks just as promising as Stones. Focus on him and bring back Kalas.

Chelsea want him. They don't want another big club getting him. We need a player like him. JT is getting older, Cahil is nearly 30 and Bran is showing his age.

We need someone like Stones who can lead our defence for the next 10 years or more. When you think about him in that context, the amount isn't so much at all.

I've heard Everton will sell for £35 million. Chelsea are trying lower bids to see how far Everton will go. It's been in the media that the £30 million bid will be rejected for a while.

But the same sources are saying Everton might sell for £35 million or above, and given our clear need for a quality, quick young CB I think we will pay it.

And to compare him to Kalas is ridiculous in my views, and comes from this warped idea that if only Jose would play kids then suddenly they would become world class - players who are good enough will prove it, and will force their way in. JT forced his way in with Desailly, Lebeouf, Jes Hogh and Emerson Thome - all international class defenders - in front of him. Quality shows itself not just in matches but in training. RLC will have to force his way in, do well in training, then take the chance when he gets it. This isn't a pity party, you earn your chance at Chelsea. JT did.

Kalas is a good defender without doubt. But he isn't in the class of Stones IMO.

I think it might go to the wire but we will get him. And if we don't they will get someone else, because we do need another CB to go alongside Zouma (who is class).

Here is a link saying we will go to £35 million, which matches other reports today. And many of them say Everton will sell at that point.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-prepared-to-pay-35m-for-stones-as-Mourinho-turns-his-attention-to-Terry-and-ivanovic-a2905571.html

Edited by James Prescott

Here's an idea.

Maybe the newspapers are making it all up?

Gadget   

I know Stones being English is a major pull for home grown etc.. If we're spending £30m on a CB I wonder if that would tempt RM for Varane? Similar age, quick, already has JM's trust and would build a long partnership with Zouma for club and country

Jay Seal   

I know Stones being English is a major pull for home grown etc.. If we're spending £30m on a CB I wonder if that would tempt RM for Varane? Similar age, quick, already has JM's trust and would build a long partnership with Zouma for club and country

It would not.

Just seen a headline on Football365 , Verratti would be open to Premier League move.

Just do it Jose.