• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Flinkers   

Here's an idea move Dave to his natural position at right back, bring in Baba at left back, bring in Zouma at Centre back alongside either Terry or Cahill, stick ivanovic and either Cahill or Terry on the bench, back 4 sorted plus two decent players on the bench.

Then go to Everton and tell them we don't want Stones anymore thank you very much, Everton will then have a unhappy player who if believed wanted to join us.

We are being held to ransom and they know we need a young centre back, well do we really?

No I don't believe we do, get by this season and then look to give one of the other younger players a chance!

Trust one of our youth players? That's just crazy talk!

Oh he's certainly got a bit of the devil in him, to go with the obvious technical ability. I don't mind that though, Dennis Wise is still one of my all time favourites!

And mine - and he was a fine footy player too, his two-footed passing (as well as tackling) was amazing. Loved Wisey.

He used to live in the same village my dad and step mum do. After we won the Cup, the week after my step mum saw him in the bank; he was charming, polite and really nice.

GURJ SS   

I will have to accept your word on these two as I've never seen either player.

My problem with signing young Spanish players is this - either they come with this huge reputation but then never settle into English football or English culture (I'm thinking Del Horno with us, or Manquillo and Moreno amongst several at Liverpool.

Either that or they are a success, and then can't get back to Barca or Madrid fast enough (am thinking Fabregas, Pique and now De Gea.)

Sign Stones and we've covered our key central defensive position for a decade, sign one of the players you recommend and we'd be lucky to see them complete their first contract.

Martinez is 24 now(he would make the move knowing it's for long term), and he is also able to play in midfield, and most importantly he actually looks like a midfielder when he does. Laporte is French, he is 21 with almost 100 first team apps, he is proven at the top level, French players love to play in England.

Thanks for the honesty in saying you know very little of the players, but there is still one massive point to look at. When Laporte or Martinez are out of position(like Terry was for the Aguero goal) or they have a shakey game(like Stones has), or even at fault for a goal(like many a defender is), they shoulder the blame. Martinez is 24 so it's understandable, but for Laporte at 21, he isn't expected to make a mistake because he is young. Put it this way; Everton concede and everyone looks to see where Jagielka was, Stones is forgiven because he is young. When Bilbao concede, Laporte is looked at, and his age is ignored because he is already a top defender.

Edited by GURJ SS

GURJ SS   

Three failed bids is an absolute joke. Chelsea ask Everton what amount would they take, Chelsea decide if they are willing to pay that. If Everton have categorically said that the player isn't being sold at any price (which I believe they have on more than one occasion) then move the **** on. We look like idiots and not for the first time.

100% right. We are being held for ransom, being made out to look desperate and foolish. Time to go abroad and bring in a player who is far better(Laporte), if someone wants to pay more money for Stones then we did for the likes of Hazard and Costa, then more fool them.

Oh he's certainly got a bit of the devil in him, to go with the obvious technical ability. I don't mind that though, Dennis Wise is still one of my all time favourites!

I do love the way he gets stuck in. Very much a result of short mans syndrome, but he backs it up. I'd have Verratti over Pogba, but can't see why he'd ever leave PSG.

GURJ SS   

Here's an idea move Dave to his natural position at right back, bring in Baba at left back, bring in Zouma at Centre back alongside either Terry or Cahill, stick ivanovic and either Cahill or Terry on the bench, back 4 sorted plus two decent players on the bench.

Then go to Everton and tell them we don't want Stones anymore thank you very much, Everton will then have a unhappy player who if believed wanted to join us.

We are being held to ransom and they know we need a young centre back, well do we really?

No I don't believe we do, get by this season and then look to give one of the other younger players a chance!

We were rash in loaning out players like we always have done. If we still had Kalas we would be totally fine, no panic bids no nothing. Same as when we loaned out Moses and ended up buying, selling and loaning wingers like we was on ebay.

BlueFizz   

Why? I know how much I have to spend - this pissing contest about price is stupid.

I have £1,000 to spend on a car, can I have that one please? No? Ok then, I'll go next door.

Okay.

Here's why your approach is a way to spend more than you may need to spend:

You want to buy my car.

You have £1,000 to spend on a car.

You tell me you have £1,000 to spend on a car. I charge you £1,000.

But...

What if I was always willing to sell for £800?

You've just spent £200 more than you needed to.

A more money-minded car-buyer would always have offered me less, say £700 to start with. I would have said no. Your second bid of £750 - no again. Your third bid - £800. I say yes.

And you have saved yourself that £200 to spend on a nice set of alloy rims.

GURJ SS   

Okay.

Here's why your approach is a way to spend more than you may need to spend:

You want to buy my car.

You have £1,000 to spend on a car.

You tell me you have £1,000 to spend on a car. I charge you £1,000.

But...

What if I was always willing to sell for £800?

You've just spent £200 more than you needed to.

A more money-minded car-buyer would always have offered me less, say £700 to start with. I would have said no. Your second bid of £750 - no again. Your third bid - £800. I say yes.

And you have saved yourself that £200 to spend on a nice set of alloy rims.

What if you never ask the price, and end up paying £1200 for a £1000 car? Because we are about to spend £35M on a £20M(at the most) player.

BlueFizz   

What if you never ask the price, and end up paying £1200 for a £1000 car? Because we are about to spend £35M on a £20M(at the most) player.

The buyer need not ask the price if he/she has decided the highest price he/she will pay.

Say we've decided as a club (rightly or wrongly) that Stones is worth £37m. We just keep offering slightly higher bids until we reach our cut off.

If we're lucky, Everton say yes at £36m and we've saved £1m. If they say no at £37m, we walk away.

Your £20m valuation is clearly not shared by either Everton or Chelsea.

Edited by BlueFizz

GURJ SS   

The buyer need not ask the price if he/she has decided the highest price he/she will pay.

Say we've decided as a club (rightly or wrongly) that Stones is worth £37m. We just keep offering slightly higher bids until we reach our cut off.

If we're lucky, Everton say yes at £36m and we've saved £1m. If they say no at £37m, we walk away.

Your £20m valuation is clearly not shared by either Everton or Chelsea.

How about naming a price and holding your hand out? If they say no, you walk away. The reason he is valued more then £20M is because he is English. It is beyond a joke that we are paying about £15M more for a player's nationality. Let some other mug take him, and get in a player who is cheaper and better. Not to keep going on about him, but Laporte would be cheaper and better. Stones is entering Koke, Isco and Greizmann figures, that is laughable. Edited by GURJ SS