• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Just seen a headline on Football365 , Verratti would be open to Premier League move.

Just do it Jose.

That would be the single best CM option for us out there. Forget Pogba, Verratti would walk straight into our starting XI and transform out midfield completely.

I do love the way he gets stuck in. Very much a result of short mans syndrome, but he backs it up. I'd have Verratti over Pogba, but can't see why he'd ever leave PSG.

Funny, I'd say the opposite.

If a club like us, City, United, Barca, Real or Bayern were after him he'd be clinically insane to not leave PSG.

Chelsea want him. They don't want another big club getting him. We need a player like him. JT is getting older, Cahil is nearly 30 and Bran is showing his age.

We need someone like Stones who can lead our defence for the next 10 years or more. When you think about him in that context, the amount isn't so much at all.

I've heard Everton will sell for £35 million. Chelsea are trying lower bids to see how far Everton will go. It's been in the media that the £30 million bid will be rejected for a while.

But the same sources are saying Everton might sell for £35 million or above, and given our clear need for a quality, quick young CB I think we will pay it.

And to compare him to Kalas is ridiculous in my views, and comes from this warped idea that if only Jose would play kids then suddenly they would become world class - players who are good enough will prove it, and will force their way in. JT forced his way in with Desailly, Lebeouf, Jes Hogh and Emerson Thome - all international class defenders - in front of him. Quality shows itself not just in matches but in training. RLC will have to force his way in, do well in training, then take the chance when he gets it. This isn't a pity party, you earn your chance at Chelsea. JT did.

Kalas is a good defender without doubt. But he isn't in the class of Stones IMO.

I think it might go to the wire but we will get him. And if we don't they will get someone else, because we do need another CB to go alongside Zouma (who is class).

Here is a link saying we will go to £35 million, which matches other reports today. And many of them say Everton will sell at that point.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-prepared-to-pay-35m-for-stones-as-Mourinho-turns-his-attention-to-Terry-and-ivanovic-a2905571.html

I don't think so. Stones has been given the chances. Kalas hasn't. Furthermore, there's still no guarantee that Stones is going to progress to the levels you think he's certain to.

The buyer need not ask the price if he/she has decided the highest price he/she will pay.

Say we've decided as a club (rightly or wrongly) that Stones is worth £37m. We just keep offering slightly higher bids until we reach our cut off.

If we're lucky, Everton say yes at £36m and we've saved £1m. If they say no at £37m, we walk away.

Your £20m valuation is clearly not shared by either Everton or Chelsea.

Yes. You are certainly spot on.

Negotiating is a tricky business. You hold your cards close to you at all times. Stating what you are ready to offer is just plain daft, nothing good can ever come out of that.

Unless you have no restrictions in spending and have all the money in the world of course.

I don't think so. Stones has been given the chances. Kalas hasn't. Furthermore, there's still no guarantee that Stones is going to progress to the levels you think he's certain to.

Kalas has had chances at Vitesse, Koln and Middlesborough and is now 22. If he is not on loan to a PL club this season he can't complain about exposure.

Stones impressed in the Championship with Barnsley as a teenager, and got bought by a decent PL team where he has been given a lot of games on merit.

I really can't see the comparison.

GURJ SS   

Kalas has had chances at Vitesse, Koln and Middlesborough and is now 22. If he is not on loan to a PL club this season he can't complain about exposure.

Stones impressed in the Championship with Barnsley as a teenager, and got bought by a decent PL team where he has been given a lot of games on merit.

I really can't see the comparison.

Stones didn't sign for Chelsea Football Club. Had he signed for us, the outcome would have been very similar to what has come of Kalas. I always defend our club when my mates call us talent killers, and any young player is really a Vitesse signing. However when it comes down to it, there is truth in what they say.

Stones didn't sign for Chelsea Football Club. Had he signed for us, the outcome would have been very similar to what has come of Kalas. I always defend our club when my mates call us talent killers, and any young player is really a Vitesse signing. However when it comes down to it, there is truth in what they say.

Bamford had a good season at Middlesborough and has moved on loan in the Prem.

Traore had a good season at Vittesse. He stands good chances of appearing for Chelsea this season.

Kalas had a season at Vitesse and got... another season at Vitesse. Followed by a loan to Koln where he didn't play.

Followed by half a season at Middlesborough where he did ok, but nothing special filling in at RB for an injured player.

Followed by... another season at Middlesborough.

If you think Kalas is as good as Stones - explain why he failed to star at Vitesse, Koln or Middlesborough while the younger Stones was doing so well at Everton.

Kalas isn't much of a physical specimen, which puts him on the back foot as a CB.

Time will tell if he can make up for it at the top level. Compare him to Baba, for example, a rawer player, but a freak athlethe. It's all about potential at this age, and the better athletes win out.

GURJ SS   

Bamford had a good season at Middlesborough and has moved on loan in the Prem.

Traore had a good season at Vittesse. He stands good chances of appearing for Chelsea this season.

Kalas had a season at Vitesse and got... another season at Vitesse. Followed by a loan to Koln where he didn't play.

Followed by half a season at Middlesborough where he did ok, but nothing special filling in at RB for an injured player.

Followed by... another season at Middlesborough.

If you think Kalas is as good as Stones - explain why he failed to star at Vitesse, Koln or Middlesborough while the younger Stones was doing so well at Everton.

Bamford has also seen Remy used as a 3rd choice striker and a player who only scored 6 goals last season get ahead of him, and that as a loan signing too. Bamford will come off the bench on loan, the same thing as Falcao will do here. Remy or Falcao will be on the bench, Bamford could easily have done that job.

Kalas got buried by the likes of Luiz, who couldn't even play at centre back. As for his loans, he is a centre back that went to Middlesbrough half way through the season and played at right back, and he didn't do anything wrong. If he is that poor, then what is he still doing on the books?

Why did Stones do better? Because Everton has patience, something we don't have, and like to spend over the odds instead.

Edit: As for Traore; Cuadrado is all of a sudden back in contention, Moses is ahead of him, and Kenedy has a work permit, not to mention that Jose is a safe manager that can't even sub off a player like Fabregas who looks like he is wearing boots made out of lead. Good luck to the lad, he is going to need it.

Edited by GURJ SS