• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

GURJ SS   

Do you think the club would have considered even a £5m offer today had he not been on our books already and played at the clubs he has performing to the level we've seen?

No. Not a chance. There is your answer.

As for being thrown in the deep end - he was thrown in the shallow end and was barely afloat. Droy has already outlined what he has achieved so far. It's not very impressive at all.

He may be a squad option at a lower place club in Germany. We should aim a lot higher than that.

We are the reason Kalas has played for the teams and the level at which you have mentioned. More so wasting time on players like Luiz was the reason. I wouldn't call Anfield a shallowend, but we as a club left him in Holland for 2 years while people like Luiz looked like a winger trying to play centre back. It isn't impressive because we controlled his career the moment we signed him up. Promising defender, ends up being moved around like a pawn on a chess board with little support. We aim higher? Then Laporte is our answer and not Stones. Edited by GURJ SS

GURJ SS   

Did anyone watch much of the European Under 21 Championship? Little fella called Bernardo Silva pulled all the strings for a very good Portugal team. Impish, little creator in the David Silva mould. Straight away you might think, "Ah, but Under 21 level is a long way behind Premier League level," but he's also the little magician who absolutely pulled Arsenal apart for Monaco in the Champions League last season.

Most of us agree on here that Chelsea are seriously lacking in creative ability in the final third and that currently Hazard has far too much responsibility on his shoulders and the amount of options seem to be diminishing daily.

This little fella is the type of player we need, he's the right profile and surely wouldn't be expensive in the way that a Griezmann appears to be...oh, and shares the same agent as Jose and Falcao apparently.

Thoughts?

I would say keep tabs on him, but not sign him. If we signed him he will either have to wait for Fabregas, Ramires, Mikel and Zouma to all get injured at the same time, or end up at Vitesse. I have seen him play but only once, reminded me a bit of Isco. Talking of Isco, Madrid have signed Kovacic from Inter, surely we should try a move for Isco.

£40 million. That would be our second highest transfer fee ever. Only the Spaniard whose name we don't mention cost more.

At least it tells us one thing - the club are backing Jose to the hilt.

I'm sure we have other players lined up in case Everton are stubborn and refuse this.

And if they do, we will be back next summer for him, without a doubt, IMO.

Sorry James, but are you seriously suggesting that if we don't get Stones now, we'll buy another young centre back instead, and then still go after Stones next summer?

Did anyone watch much of the European Under 21 Championship? Little fella called Bernardo Silva pulled all the strings for a very good Portugal team. Impish, little creator in the David Silva mould. Straight away you might think, "Ah, but Under 21 level is a long way behind Premier League level," but he's also the little magician who absolutely pulled Arsenal apart for Monaco in the Champions League last season.

Most of us agree on here that Chelsea are seriously lacking in creative ability in the final third and that currently Hazard has far too much responsibility on his shoulders and the amount of options seem to be diminishing daily.

This little fella is the type of player we need, he's the right profile and surely wouldn't be expensive in the way that a Griezmann appears to be...oh, and shares the same agent as Jose and Falcao apparently.

Thoughts?

I know what José's first thoughts would be; "forget all the creative bit... can he track back and defend?"

We got rid of Mata because (supposedly) he was too much of a luxury when it came to defensive duties (although Cesc hasn't exactly pulled his weight in that department). Do you think we'll go out a buy the type of player we desperately need if they can't be turned into a defensive midfielder within a few weeks?

Zoowraa   

We are the reason Kalas has played for the teams and the level at which you have mentioned. More so wasting time on players like Luiz was the reason. I wouldn't call Anfield a shallowend, but we as a club left him in Holland for 2 years while people like Luiz looked like a winger trying to play centre back. It isn't impressive because we controlled his career the moment we signed him up. Promising defender, ends up being moved around like a pawn on a chess board with little support. We aim higher? Then Laporte is our answer and not Stones.

You can't compare the two mate. I think Kalas has a bit about him, I think he can do a job in the PL. Whether that's at the level of Chelsea I'm not sure about, but I do quite like him to a point.

Stones is a Rolls Royce by comparison though. Kalas has not performed anywhere near the level that Stones has.

Stones also has far more attributes to his game than Kalas. He reads the game better, is quicker and far better on the ball than Kalas. Although Stones is the bigger of the two, I would say Kalas might be more rugged of the two at present, but I think that's mainly because Stones reads situations better than Kalas who is more old Skool touch tight type defender.

I see Kalas long term future ending up as a competent centre half playing PL football for the likes of Norwich. Stones is already above that level, but with all the tools to play for any club in England long term.

Edited by Zoowraa

We are the reason Kalas has played for the teams and the level at which you have mentioned. More so wasting time on players like Luiz was the reason. I wouldn't call Anfield a shallowend, but we as a club left him in Holland for 2 years while people like Luiz looked like a winger trying to play centre back. It isn't impressive because we controlled his career the moment we signed him up. Promising defender, ends up being moved around like a pawn on a chess board with little support. We aim higher? Then Laporte is our answer and not Stones.

It doesn't make any sense what you are saying here. You talk about Anfield - it's one game. He was at Vitesse two years, Middlesbrough a year and a half and at Koln he barely played.

He's had ample opportunities to show us what he's made of. If he can't cut it at at levels below ours why would he become a good CB all of a sudden just because he changes the colour of his shirt? For Kalashnikov to he a serious option for us he would have had to be a top player in Holland and quite dominant at Championship level. Has he been that? In my opinion not at all.

It's all well and good saying youth doesn't get a chance. But sometimes it's ok to acknowledge what they have accomplished at levels below ours before stating we've ruined anyone.

Edit: I was gonna edit that bolded bit but that autocorrection was just too funny!

Edited by Sleeping Dave

haifarul   

I know what José's first thoughts would be; "forget all the creative bit... can he track back and defend?"

We got rid of Mata because (supposedly) he was too much of a luxury when it came to defensive duties (although Cesc hasn't exactly pulled his weight in that department). Do you think we'll go out a buy the type of player we desperately need if they can't be turned into a defensive midfielder within a few weeks?

Sorry but I haven't worked out how to underline the quote,but that first line is Willian to a T,and Oscar is going that way as well.

Dingus   

@FutbolSergi: Not #MUFC, not #MCFC. Chelsea are now leading the race for Pedro. Not done yet but talks are very advanced & deal could be announced soon.

Mail reporting we are trying to hijack United's Pedro deal. Wouldn't be a bad signing, if we can get him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3202735/Chelsea-prepare-late-bid-hijack-Barcelona-wantaway-Pedro-Manchester-United.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

And as for Stones, well I think if we don't get him we might get another CB this summer, and then next summer either JT will retire or we could sell Cahill, and bring in Stones.

Honestly, I would rather Stones than Cahill, certainly by next summer. And who knows what could happen with JT.

You don't consider bidding £40 million for a player who you have targeted specifically as the future of your defence long term - or any player - and then just forget about him.

Edited by James Prescott

Mail reporting we are trying to hijack United's Pedro deal. Wouldn't be a bad signing, if we can get him.

It's not that long ago that the Mail were reporting that United were trying to hijack our deal for Pedro! ;-)