• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Rob B   

For people wondering about the sources reporting Pogba, it appears to be the following

Daily Express

Mohd Tagaya (don't know who he is but apparently he was first to break the Pedro news)

Rob Beasley also tweeted "have we signed Stones, Pedro and Pogba yet??"

Now I know Beasley is a wind-up, but there's no denying our interest in Stones and Pedro, so there may be something in it?!

Still seems a long shot and there's no denying he's been overrated of late, but he would be a great addition to the midfield.

For people wondering about the sources reporting Pogba, it appears to be the following

Daily Express

Mohd Tagaya (don't know who he is but apparently he was first to break the Pedro news)

Now I know Beasley is a wind-up, but there's no denying our interest in Stones and Pedro, so there may be something in it?!

Still seems a long shot and there's no denying he's been overrated of late, but he would be a great addition to the midfield.

Regarding Mohd Tagaya; you say he was the first to break the Pedro news... do you mean regarding yesterday's "sudden" dip into the market place, or around a month or so ago when stories first started emerging? (You know... before the "United to hijack Chelsea Pedro deal?", "Chelsea interest in Pedro Cools", "United in for Pedro" and finally "Chelsea Hijack United Pedro Deal" ones)

As for all the Pogba rumours; we play badly in two games, a signing that took close to a month finally comes to a conclusion on the day we lose 3-0, another signing looks close to be concluded meaning two players in in the space of a few days (making it look like "panic buying") and suddenly every Twatter on Twitter is Tweeting that we're buying x, y and z!!! And some of you believe them!!!!

Having lost Pirlo and sold Vidal, do you really think Juve will now sell Pogba?

Rob B   

Regarding Mohd Tagaya; you say he was the first to break the Pedro news... do you mean regarding yesterday's "sudden" dip into the market place, or around a month or so ago when stories first started emerging? (You know... before the "United to hijack Chelsea Pedro deal?", "Chelsea interest in Pedro Cools", "United in for Pedro" and finally "Chelsea Hijack United Pedro Deal" ones)

As for all the Pogba rumours; we play badly in two games, a signing that took close to a month finally comes to a conclusion on the day we lose 3-0, another signing looks close to be concluded meaning two players in in the space of a few days (making it look like "panic buying") and suddenly every Twatter on Twitter is Tweeting that we're buying x, y and z!!! And some of you believe them!!!!

Having lost Pirlo and sold Vidal, do you really think Juve will now sell Pogba?

I didn't say he was the first to break anything, hence the use of the word 'apparently'. Some of the larger Chelsea accounts like Mourinhoholic and Feroze Ali have made this claim though - and they refer to yesterday's sudden dip back into the market.

Regarding whether Juve will sell or not, no I personally doubt it, hence why I said I think it is still a long shot.

....Doesn't mean I can't share the information for people though.

Jay Seal   

Beasley was taking the piss with Pogba and followed up with something like 'Well, two out of three ain't bad hahaha'. So, Stones might not be a million miles away but Pogba certainly still is.

I didn't say he was the first to break anything, hence the use of the word 'apparently'. Some of the larger Chelsea accounts like Mourinhoholic and Feroze Ali have made this claim though - and they refer to yesterday's sudden dip back into the market.

Regarding whether Juve will sell or not, no I personally doubt it, hence why I said I think it is still a long shot.

....Doesn't mean I can't share the information for people though.

Sorry, I was merely wondering regarding the claims (not necessarily made by you personally) that he was first with the story, because it's hard to say when the story actually started.

Many people think this Pedro signing has come out of the blue and that we've hijacked United's deal. So someone tweeting on Monday (before the news started filtering out about a £21m deal, a medical etc ) that Pedro was signing could claim to be the first. However, around a month or so ago, we were being linked to Pedro, then we weren't, then we still were but United were also interested, then United had edged ahead of us, then we were no longer interested... well I'm sure you see where I'm going. All of which negates the "sudden dip into the market place" stories. The Baba signing took a while to complete and it wasn't done and dusted until just after we lost 3-0 to City. Who knows, this Pedro signing may have taken equally long to sort out and has only just now come towards a conclusion making it seem that we're panic buying after a lucky draw and a well deserved thumping.

Many people could claim to be first. Indeed, I dare say that many of those who could claim to be first, just invented the rumour to fill space and have got lucky.

Chel_don   

Those Willian rumors are complete false I think. One of Jose favourites. Probably the agent just trying to say "Willian wont be happy on the bench" type of rumor. Jose wont sell him.

Zoowraa   

I hope the writer is bang on with this.

Last summer when numerous clubs were looking at Cuadrado I was really hoping Utd would get him as I fully expected to see him flop. Unfortunately , we got him.

I have similar feelings to this transfer, not as strong as Cuadrado and Pedro will prove far more useful I'm sure, but I was more than happy for Utd to get him. I would say I was 70/30 in favour of Utd getting him.

I really hope he proves me wrong and proves to be a decent signing. I know this sounds arrorgant , but I generally call transfers well in terms of success/failure.

If nothing else bringing him and Baba in now has provided a sense of optimism/freshness for the club.