• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

xCELERYx   

The biggest thing Pedro will offer is hopefully goals. Something we lack in our starting eleven outside of Costa and Hazard. When all 3 play, at least that gives us a third threat which is presently lacking. His overall game isn't something that will blow people away with, but his goals are what will be his biggest asset to us, hopefully...

The biggest thing Pedro will offer is hopefully goals. Something we lack in our starting eleven outside of Costa and Hazard. When all 3 play, at least that gives us a third threat which is presently lacking. His overall game isn't something that will blow people away with, but his goals are what will be his biggest asset to us, hopefully...

Spot on. I'm sure I've heard he's around 100 goals in just over 300 games for Barcelona which is 1 in 3 there or there abouts. For any winger in any team that is a VERY good goals to games ratio.

What is interesting is his age and the number of games he's played. Most would agree that players generally peak at a certain age, say between 27-30 more or less. Most players buy that time would have played an awful lot more than what Pedro has, I don't know exactly how many games he's played but I'm assuming somewhere around 350 including internationals.

There are very few players that have Pedro's ability and experience at his age that have played son few games. By his age most players have played their best football or are at the level where they can't get much better, some (possibly Fabregas although I don't think so) could possibly start to burn out and have had their peak years a bit earlier.

Pedro is different, he clearly has a lot of ability, he has won everything in football and has bags of experience yet he is still motivated enough to leave the club he's been at all his career and move abroad for another challenge.

I think he really could kick on as a player and luckily for us he will be doing it here.

Zoowraa   

Spot on. I'm sure I've heard he's around 100 goals in just over 300 games for Barcelona which is 1 in 3 there or there abouts. For any winger in any team that is a VERY good goals to games ratio.

What is interesting is his age and the number of games he's played. Most would agree that players generally peak at a certain age, say between 27-30 more or less. Most players buy that time would have played an awful lot more than what Pedro has, I don't know exactly how many games he's played but I'm assuming somewhere around 350 including internationals.

There are very few players that have Pedro's ability and experience at his age that have played son few games. By his age most players have played their best football or are at the level where they can't get much better, some (possibly Fabregas although I don't think so) could possibly start to burn out and have had their peak years a bit earlier.

Pedro is different, he clearly has a lot of ability, he has won everything in football and has bags of experience yet he is still motivated enough to leave the club he's been at all his career and move abroad for another challenge.

I think he really could kick on as a player and luckily for us he will be doing it here.

I agree on the goals front. He should prove useful in this area. Very good finisher, but I also think 433 could be more important to him than 4231. A higher starting position up the pitch.

Mood killer ;)

Always. :)

It doesn't hurt to be a bit more cautious, though. It's Pedro's first time away from Barcelona, I'd imagine that packs a whole lot of issues already. Can't imagine he's the most adventurous lad, if he's never been away before.

Whichever way it turns out: It's a great deal (financially), so even if he doesn't work out it's not the end of the world.

Jay Seal   

It doesn't hurt to be a bit more cautious, though. It's Pedro's first time away from Barcelona, I'd imagine that packs a whole lot of issues already. Can't imagine he's the most adventurous lad, if he's never been away before.

Whichever way it turns out: It's a great deal (financially), so even if he doesn't work out it's not the end of the world.

If he'd been hiding away at Espanyol there'd be more reason to worry but if you're a Catalan getting as many games as he has done at Barcelona then you just don't leave.

They tried quite hard to persuade him to stay but he's manned up. Doesn't mean he'll be any good but there's no reason to think mentality will be the issue.

Edited by Jay Seal

Sciatika   

I am sure he has been abroad, maybe on his hols or something