• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

It's a little bit amusing that the paper who plug for the "agree fee" line actually place said fee at many, many millions lower than the many different (equally random) "bid" figures being thrown about by other papers.

It's been a while since we really spent daft money. Citeh have spent £150,000,000 in this window. Liverpool have spent all the $terling money and then some - and United have spent a lot too.

Personally I don't care if Stones is expensive we need him.

And Pogba rhymes with Drogba so he must be good :D

I don't think we will get Pogba, but it's quite interesting that all the rumours have gone quiet.

Blimey. Imagine if we did...a three of Matic-Pogba-Fab would strike fear into every top team in Europe.

Just on this Stones business, and not about whether he's worth the money .....:).

Does this whole saga appear to anyone else, to be at odds with the way we usually go about our transfer business? Usually, the deals seem to be done very quietly, but here we have a confirmed first bid of 22 mill, followed by a confirmed second bit of 26 mill, and then a third bit (amount not confirmed, but thought to be around 30 mill), with Everton publicly rejecting each of them. Now, the club must have known that the first two bids would be rejected. Maybe it's designed to unsettle the player, but it seems a bit strange, to me.

Ham   

Agreed a fee means that anyone can step in and get involved. Doesn't mean he wants to come to Chelsea.

Guy who broke the story of Pogba saying on Twitter it's a trusted source, one he's trusted before and is reliable, and his head says 8 out of 10 that he'll sign for us before deadline. Could be cash, or with players, he says, but the fee/value is agreed. That's what he's been told.

If it is true - and it's a big if - Juve might want players, including a midfield player (possibly Oscar or Ramires), if Pogba is going they need to replace him.

If this happens, it's potentially huge. This transfer would transform our team.

If we got Pogba and Stones, combined with Pedro, I'd be very confident - even 5 points behind - of retaining the title, and doing much better in the CL.

Edited by James Prescott

Sarin   

Pretty sure I saw that Di Marzio said Chelsea had definitely contacted Juventus about Pogba, but were told he is not for sale.

Dingus   

@ChelsTransfer: Chelsea has, in fact, has made ​​a bid for the jewel of #Juventus - Paul Pogba , however, seeing a closed door (via @DiMarzio) #CFC

I don't care, I'm getting excited.

We'd go from worrying about the PL to Champions League joint favourites.

I'm prepared for the disappointment.