• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

If Pogba moves this summer, he'll likely join us.

If Pogba moves next summer, he'll likely go to Barca. And Chelsea know it, so they are going for him now.

The question isn't if Pogba leaves. It's when, and who for.

Edited by James Prescott

Juventus chief exec Guiseppe Marotta has said that a deal for Cuadrado to go to Juventus should be officially announced tomorrow. It will be a season-long loan but there are currently conflicting stories concerning whether it includes a set option to buy.

(Same story as reported earlier, but since it's a Juve guy saying it I guess that's as official as you can get...)

Edited by stokerino

It's weird how the Pogba thing has gone so quiet. I can't see them selling because they've lost Pirlo and Vidal.

The thing is, even if there is a possible deal - which I hugely doubt - letting them have three players (Rambo, Cuad and Oscar) would be nuts. Three midfielders for one? Okay we've got RLC, Mikel, Fab, Matic and Willie for CM but I think it would be wrong to let three go. Cuadrado + £40m would be better.

Ramires has gone backwards with us but he's a body at least.

Veratti (sp?) would be my personal choice, though I think Pogba is brilliant. But why did he fall out with Fergie? Also wouldn't his wages be ridiculous?

Ham   

It's weird how the Pogba thing has gone so quiet. I can't see them selling because they've lost Pirlo and Vidal.

The thing is, even if there is a possible deal - which I hugely doubt - letting them have three players (Rambo, Cuad and Oscar) would be nuts. Three midfielders for one? Okay we've got RLC, Mikel, Fab, Matic and Willie for CM but I think it would be wrong to let three go. Cuadrado + £40m would be better.

Veratti (sp?) would be my personal choice, though I think Pogba is brilliant. But why did he fall out with Fergie? Also wouldn't his wages be ridiculous?

The original quote was "one of Ramires, Cuadrado or Oscar".

The original quote was "one of Ramires, Cuadrado or Oscar".

I seriously do not see Oscar being involved in such a deal as he is at worst our 4th AM, which makes him a vital componant of the squad even if Pogba does come in.

Dingus   

It's gone quiet because they've said he's not for sale.

It's gone quiet because they've said he's not for sale.

Yeah but we've heard that from so many clubs before. *shrug* maybe this time it's true. Who knows?

I must say I do enjoy the transfer window. It's such funs. The night before we signed Torres it was amazing in here...shame about the next few seasons with him though >.<

Sky Sources: Chelsea are not done in their pursuit of Paul Pogba.

Heard rumours that Jose said to Chelsea officials after the game that Pogba is a 'must'.

Not saying any of this is true. Won't believe it till it happens.

Personally having more doubts Stones will happen - made a pretty solid statement after today's game, no one is open to him going. And of course there were rumours about Varane in the Mail today. Chelsea clearly have other options.

We definitely need a young, quick, top quality CB for sure. Hope it's Stones, but otherwise, I suspect they have others on a list.

Sky Sources: Chelsea are not done in their pursuit of Paul Pogba.

Heard rumours that Jose said to Chelsea officials after the game that Pogba is a 'must'.

Not saying any of this is true. Won't believe it till it happens.

Personally having more doubts Stones will happen - made a pretty solid statement after today's game, no one is open to him going. And of course there were rumours about Varane in the Mail today. Chelsea clearly have other options.

We definitely need a young, quick, top quality CB for sure. Hope it's Stones, but otherwise, I suspect they have others on a list.

If not Stones then somebody else with speed.

If we fail to acquire that, I'd say I can't see how we are going to win the league again. We'd have to go back to the low block, 8-9 men behind the ball at all times for the defense to not leak like the Titanic and hope for Costa and Hazard to be on fire a year for that to happen. Maybe even that won't be enough.