• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Here's a link to a story in tomorrow's Independent - they say that Chelsea feel deals can be done for Pogba and Stones if the fee is right, and are willing to pay.

Interesting read. Especially given its not a tabloid paper

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/chelsea-believe-juventus-are-now-ready-to-do-business-over-paul-pogba-10471721.html

I've friends who work at the Indy; everything is a tabloid these days.

Can't help but feel Pogba is something to write about given how dull this transfer window has been.

Vinod   

I see fans and papers connecting Juve's interest in Witsel and the Pogba transfer. Think everyone is getting this wrong. Witsel is probably a replacement for Vidal.

I see fans and papers connecting Juve's interest in Witsel and the Pogba transfer. Think everyone is getting this wrong. Witsel is probably a replacement for Vidal.

Depends on if you see Khedira as a replacement for Vidal or Pirlo, really. Numbers in midfield aren't really the issue at Juve.

There is no point in debating Ramires. Suffice to say he is rated by a fair number of people, including Juve. And to say giving him away free is a legitimate idea - or even for £10 million - is a joke IMO.

Anyway.

The Sun are reporting this morning that Everton are trying to negotiate a settlement with Barnsley over the sell on fee for Stones - for a lower figure than they would get if they sold him.

Possibly preparing the way for a sale?

I do think our interest in Pogba is genuine and we are trying hard to get him. But whether we do or not, is a different matter.

Depends on if you see Khedira as a replacement for Vidal or Pirlo, really. Numbers in midfield aren't really the issue at Juve.

Khedira is out with long term injury and is very injury-prone, Perreira is ****, and Coman is still young. It makes sense their going for Witsel who is a decent player. I don't really think it means Pogba is leaving.

Jay Seal   

Juventus keep talking about building their team around Pogba but given he's almost definitely going to go next season, if not this, and they've had so many changes already it doesn't make much sense. They're guaranteed one transitional year and if they spend it building the team around Pogba they're guaranteeing themselves two transitional years.

Pogba's value is unlikely to go up by much this year either. It doesn't make much sense to hold onto him.

xCELERYx   

I've said it before but I'll do so again. Juventus have been linked with a host of CM's in recent weeks. Witsel, Draxler, Mkhitaryan, Gundogan, Donsah, to name some. You're right in saying that there isn't much of a connection there re: Pogba. I suppose easily overlooked unless one actually supports Juventus to keep taps.

Zoowraa   

I've said it before but I'll do so again. Juventus have been linked with a host of CM's in recent weeks. Witsel, Draxler, Mkhitaryan, Gundogan, Donsah, to name some. You're right in saying that there isn't much of a connection there re: Pogba. I suppose easily overlooked unless one actually supports Juventus to keep taps.

I appreciate you are a Juve fan, but what do you think of Roma for the title this season?

I think they have made some good signings and with a lot of change at Juve, I keep getting drawn to 9/2 on Roma for the title. I think the coach Garcia is doing a really good job there and they are improving year on year, the change at Juve might open the door for them this season?

Your thoughts appreciated as I don't see as much of Serie A as I did 2/3 years back.

xCELERYx   

I appreciate you are a Juve fan, but what do you think of Roma for the title this season?

I think they have made some good signings and with a lot of change at Juve, I keep getting drawn to 9/2 on Roma for the title. I think the coach Garcia is doing a really good job there and they are improving year on year, the change at Juve might open the door for them this season?

Your thoughts appreciated as I don't see as much of Serie A as I did 2/3 years back.

Given the changes to Juve this season, both Roma and Inter are probably in their best position to challenge. This is certainly the weakest Juve side of the last couple of years, a different side too, and will be interesting to see how things go during the season. Roma have a solid side, Dzeko and Salah will be good additions. But again, it's Roma and they always seem to come undone somewhere along the line even when looking in good stead.

Gadget   

Quite surprised with the recent Rami hate on here. Granted he's not a first teamer and we probably wont miss him too much if sold but he has more than proved his worth for £20m - that Barca goal was worth £20 in itself.

Some big goals in some big matches.