• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Why would you put all the ground work into a deal and then pull out right near the end due to nothing being tied up by the weekend? Seems rather pointless to just abandon such a deal if he's really sort after this keenly. Take it right to the deadline, it's not like we'll be signing anyone else I dare say if Pogba doesn't arrive.

As for Juve being linked with a bunch of midfielders, that's been happening all transfer window. Has nothing to do with the Pogba situation at present.

Like I said, unless we actually believe that there's a chance of getting a deal done. If Juve keep saying no to our bids or interest or if we feel like Pogba hasn't been persuaded etc then we need to move on. We simply can't go through the season with just 5 CM (one of which has only had 1 prem start)

I don't know the true identities of anyone who posts on this forum; their ages, or the relationships with each other. You may all be great friends in 'virtual' life, and everything you post here is tongue-in-cheek.

I'm an old git (in my early fifties, been following Chelsea since the sixties). I'm pretty sure some of my comments are idiotic and unwanted. You can ignore them or block them.

I say all this as a preamble to my main point: not knowing the full context, some of the comments made about or in response to James Prescott's posts seem unnecessarily aggressive and angry. Down right rude at times. He seems, to me, on the basis of his posts, simply to be a slightly over-optimistic, effusive contributor. But he gets really hammered at times.

It's a free world (forum) of course, but there is just the faintest hint of online bullying here, which seems counterproductive and a tiny bit tedious. Can't we have a 'Bear pit' or 'Angry room' where contributors can go and have a go at each other?

I'm just poking fun.

But to be fair, no one cops it worse than Droy on this forum. What's your opinion on that matter?

I'm just poking fun.

But to be fair, no one cops it worse than Droy on this forum. What's your opinion on that matter?

No one dishes it out better than Droy - that is why :)

Jay Seal   

He seems to be an over-optimistic, over-effusive contributor which seems counterproductive and a tiny bit tedious.

Good post.

I don't know if my friend has a picture from a while ago, but he has just sent me a picture of Pogba lining up in passport control. I am trying to upload it but I don't know how, can anyone tell me?

Edited by sebcfc

paulw66   

I don't know the true identities of anyone who posts on this forum; their ages, or the relationships with each other. You may all be great friends in 'virtual' life, and everything you post here is tongue-in-cheek.

I'm an old git (in my early fifties, been following Chelsea since the sixties). I'm pretty sure some of my comments are idiotic and unwanted. You can ignore them or block them.

I say all this as a preamble to my main point: not knowing the full context, some of the comments made about or in response to James Prescott's posts seem unnecessarily aggressive and angry. Down right rude at times. He seems, to me, on the basis of his posts, simply to be a slightly over-optimistic, effusive contributor. But he gets really hammered at times.

It's a free world (forum) of course, but there is just the faintest hint of online bullying here, which seems counterproductive and a tiny bit tedious. Can't we have a 'Bear pit' or 'Angry room' where contributors can go and have a go at each other?

I have to say I agree with this whole heartedly. I log on most days, but am getting somewhat fatigued at the constant back biting and name calling that goes on, which tends to take up most of a thread. James' biggest crime is optimism, which quite frankly, is nicer to read than the constant trail of "we've got no chance of winning the league", or "that player is rubbish"....... all for difference of opinion but there is a way of conducting oneself for the greater good of the forum.

Dingus   

I don't know if my friend has a picture from a while ago, but he has just sent me a picture of Pogba lining up in passport control. I am trying to upload it but I don't know how, can anyone tell me?

It's from an alleged "official" Paul Pogba page on Facebook. Why he'd ask someone to take a picture of him queuing up at passport control to then post up on his own page is beyond me.

Nothing to see here.

About an hour ago he was at the bus stop outside Waitrose in Cobham, obviously waiting for the 513 to take him to The Plough which is close to our training ground.