• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Martinez made 7 changes from the City game for tonight - but not Stones. Interesting for sure.

Who knows how this will turn out. Stones certainly looked all smiles in the pics of him warming up at Barnsley.

Edited by James Prescott

Regarding being cup tied, according to The Independent "In contrast to the FA Cup, players can play for more than one team in the same season of the League Cup, meaning he would not be cup-tied should he move to Stamford Bridge." (Like you, I thought he'd be cup tied... when did that change?)

I think it's more likely to be how stubborn Bill Kenwright and the rest of the Everton board are... ultimately they'll decide if he stays or if he goes, not the manager. Martinez is starting him so that, if Stones does get sold, he can say to the fans, "well I did all I could to keep him! Don't blame me, blame the board" Kenwright has already been on the receiving end of abuse from some fans who wish he'd just sell up and leave.

Interesting points - totally agree to be honest. And had no idea about the cup-tied thing - when did that change? Weird.

Stones is an Everton player and whilst he is still there I'd expect him to play, even if it's to send a message over the transfer fee.

Stones certainly looked all smiles in the pics of him warming up at Barnsley.

Why wouldn't he? Even if he doesn't get a move to Chelsea, there's the possibility of a move to United. And even if he stays at Everton for now, you can bet that his wage packet just got a juicy boost. Reasons to be cheerful..........

Regarding being cup tied, according to The Independent "In contrast to the FA Cup, players can play for more than one team in the same season of the League Cup, meaning he would not be cup-tied should he move to Stamford Bridge." (Like you, I thought he'd be cup tied... when did that change?)

Then someone had better inform the official Capital One Cup website, http://www.capitalonecup.co.uk/competition/rules/#6.

6.4 No player shall play for more than one Club in the Cup Competition in any one Season.

I suspect The Independent are wrong.

I seriously suggest you go through a match with the stats written out for you and check everything Matic does in a game with the stats. If nothing else it will kill all your illusions about Matic.

Funny as I was just about to recommend the same for you.

Some people like to ridicule others ("you haven't checked the stats you're quoting", any bells ringing?) and when those stats are presented just discredit them because you don't understand them.

You really don't want to be taken seriously do you?

I think I'm all out now for transfers. To be honest, I'll be relieved at 6pm next Tuesday when it's all over.

I have no idea if we'll get Pogba or Stones. I'm more hopeful on Stones, but there's no way to know what will happen or when. Or who will leave us potentially (though Ramires and Moses look candidates).

I'd really love us to sign Stones and Pogba, and that they are the players we really need to improve us. And encouraged enough that the club are at least trying to do something to improve the team.

But who knows. I suspect at least one of these deals will go to the deadline, possibly both (though Stones looks like it will end one way or another before the weekend).

Only 6 days left of the window (not including today). The clock is ticking.

Why wouldn't he? Even if he doesn't get a move to Chelsea, there's the possibility of a move to United. And even if he stays at Everton for now, you can bet that his wage packet just got a juicy boost. Reasons to be cheerful..........

No way will he sign a new contract at Everton. The guy wants out, he's hardly going to sign a new deal.

I suspect he wants to go to Chelsea, for lots of reasons - and likelihood is if United bid, we will match it, so it will be up to him. But we'll see.

BlueFizz   

We're buying ball boys now??? Surely we could just get some of the 14/15 year olds at Cobham to that!

Not while we can send them on loan as ball boys for other clubs, leaving us free to sign other ballboys at inflated prices.

Stones starting. Can only see two outcomes;

1) Martinez flicks his fingers at us and Stones, agrees to sell him but makes sure he's cup-tied in a competition he was bound to play in for us

2) Martinez doesn't care he wants to leave

Wouldn't surprise me if they sold him to United with their first bid.

Edited by Sleeping Dave