• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

I thought someone posted a link in another thread where it stated a player can be cup-tied? There was an article in the independent that stated he wouldn't have been cup-tied and a member here corrected it.

Aye, that was me three pages ago.

http://www.capitalonecup.co.uk/competition/rules/#6

6.4 No player shall play for more than one Club in the Cup Competition in any one Season.

He so wants to leave Everton...

https://vine.co/v/ejjqmqrTnhT

That's what 40 mill buys you these days........:).

Yes, much better than Cahill....will walk straight into the starting 11 at Chelsea.......now stop and think that would be happening now on any match day thread, if that had been Cahill - it would be going ballistic.

Stones being selected for Everton in the League Cup does not augur well for me.

I have a feeling that Everton are quite prepared to dig in on this one. Let's face it, transfer request or not, once the window shuts he has very little choice but to knuckle down and do his best for them.

If he is the player Everton think he is, they know that he will be a better player at 21 than he is at 20, and when the new television deal money comes flooding in next summer his value is quite likely to go considerably higher than the £40m they might get this summer, especially with Terry and Kompany both being a year older and United likely to be in the frame too.

My optimisim on this deal has taken a hit tonight.

I just hope we're able to balance the two big deals we are working on, and don't forget one whilst working too much on the other.

Now Stones has handed in his transfer request we need to move, like tomorrow at the latest.

That's what 40 mill buys you these days........:).

Yes, much better than Cahill....will walk straight into the starting 11 at Chelsea.......now stop and think that would be happening now on any match day thread, if that had been Cahill - it would be going ballistic.

Oh come on, clearly his head is somewhere else. For goodness sake, you are better than this MT.

Stones will be a better player than Cahill. Cahill is a top player, but Stones will be better and is better on the ball, and quicker - which is what we need at the back.

Come on MT, no need for pettyness. I'm not against Cahill, and I'm entitled to my opinion.

Stones being selected for Everton in the League Cup does not augur well for me.

I have a feeling that Everton are quite prepared to dig in on this one. Let's face it, transfer request or not, once the window shuts he has very little choice but to knuckle down and do his best for them.

If he is the player Everton think he is, they know that he will be a better player at 21 than he is at 20, and when the new television deal money comes flooding in next summer his value is quite likely to go considerably higher than the £40m they might get this summer, especially with Terry and Kompany both being a year older and United likely to be in the frame too.

My optimisim on this deal has taken a hit tonight.

But Grimmers you know how it is. It's a bit hackneyed to say this but it's true: players are so powerful these days, clubs really can't keep them if they're that unhappy. Despite all the teev money, £40m is £40m. It's ridiculous, even if Stones is that good and can get even better. And yes if we get him and he helps us to major honours, maybe that £40m (if it is that much, or maybe including add-ons) won't be that cheap.

Quite frankly, I don't care what he costs. We need to strengthen and we've got the money.

If we get Stones, and one more player, a really good midfielder, then maybe we will be stronger after all. I'd love another striker but that won't happen.

I would LOVE to see us play Matic + AN Other in midfield with Fab slightly pushed forward. I'd love Pogba but I'd be amazed (and delighted) if we got him. I think he's superb.

I'm not against Cahill, and I'm entitled to my opinion.

And, others are entitled to disagree with your opinion. You really do need to lighten up a tad, and attempt to distinguish between humour, and your usual default accusations of 'pettyness' and bullying.

Anyway.........it's you who only a few posts ago had Stones straight into the Chelsea 11, and at the expense of Cahill. My point stands - if that's ok, of course?

And, others are entitled to disagree with your opinion. You really do need to lighten up a tad, and attempt to distinguish between humour, and your usual default accusations of 'pettyness' and bullying.

Anyway.........it's you who only a few posts ago had Stones straight into the Chelsea 11, and at the expense of Cahill. My point stands - if that's ok, of course?

Sorry, honestly couldn't tell the difference. Sometimes people say that and it's an attack. Sometimes they are joking - difficult to tell the difference on a written forum though.

I personally would put Stones straight in - he has the pace and quality on the ball we are really lacking in defence. Not sure if I would give him a debut v Everton, but would put him in as soon as possible.