• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Diddymen   

@DominicKing_DM: Roberto Martinez: "We have not rejected the transfer request - yet. We will do it in the morning. Sometimes money can't buy everything.'

This surely has to be the end of that!? I hope you have another cb we are looking at and a cm because I don't think we have a good enough squad

Arkie   

@DominicKing_DM: Roberto Martinez: "We have not rejected the transfer request - yet. We will do it in the morning. Sometimes money can't buy everything.'

He sounds pretty adamant. Must be backed by his board. Shame but I guess they really dont want to let him go. I suppose thats it .

GURJ SS   

Fair play to them, he is under contract. It's nothing serious on our end, we still have 3 centre backs who are more then capable, just like they were last year.

cam4blue   

Yeah I was just thinking out loud. Was wondering how much game time he would get with JT, Cahill and Zouma already here, a few games in midfield doesn't sound unlikely when Zouma has been used there.

One of the four are going to be very unhappy, I wonder who it will be!

TBH I think he would have got a quite a few games at RB, with Zouma continuing to be used as a make-shift midfielder (or being kept on the bench to come on as a make-shift midfielder) as well as a CB. Quite easy to keep everyone happy like that (if your aim was to keep everyone happy).

Everton reject a £40m offer though and the deal is dead. We're not going higher. I like Stones a lot, but we don't "need" him; I won't be gutted. I hope the rumours of Garay being the alternative are false. Don't fancy that at all.

He's simply one of those annoying hypocrites who like Wenger enjoys far too positive a profile in the media than his personality deserves.

Martinez used to work for Sky, he's had all kinds of media jobs, and a lot of the media guys are probably his mates. He speaks well enough if you don't really listen to what he's saying and he knows what the media want to hear. Easy to understand why he has a good relationship with the media. Total prat though, and the esteem with which he is held is not a reflection of his (fairly mediocre) career.

Mirror says despite Everton denials we have already begun talks over Stones with Everton, with a £34 million fee likely, and we expect to sign him this week.

Also says we will offer £300,000 a week to Pogba - and believe we have a good chance of getting both.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-eye-record-transfer-splurge-6326253

Edited by James Prescott

That would be the first actual confirmation from anyone at Everton that Stones has put in a written transfer request. It'll be interesting now to see if Chelsea think that it's just rhetoric from Martinez and continue the pursuit, or end the chase go buy another body. If we do look elsewhere, I can't imagine that it'll be Garay, just because of the way it appears that Mourinho viewed him at Real. Varane, anyone? :).

So how did Everton buy Stones in the first place? Martinez is a pure idiot, he's shown his lack of common sense this summer that's for sure.

Everton know their place in the food chain. They have just signed another young lad from Barnsley, was it not unsettling for that young lad or for Barnsley that one of their players was being targeted by a 'bigger fish.' Does Martinez care that Barnsley had their planning for the season disrupted? Of course he doesn't. Did that young player need 'protecting' as Martinez suggests Stones does? Of course he doesn't, he's just become better paid and been given a brighter career option.

What Martinez really wants is for the medium sized fish that is Everton to be free to gobble up tiny sprats but to be immune from the interest of the sharks... A hypocrite of the very worst kind.

Mirror says despite Everton denials we have already begun talks over Stones with Everton, with a £34 million fee likely, and we expect to sign him this week.

Also says we will offer £300,000 a week to Pogba - and believe we have a good chance of getting both.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-eye-record-transfer-splurge-6326253

Clearly Martinez doesn't read the Mirror James!

xCELERYx   

If Martinez/Everton reject Stones transfer request, I guess it would leave Stones no option but to start threatening to kick own goals. Still have a feeling he'll sign and this is just a ploy by Everton to drag it right out until the end for spite. Hope we return the favour next time Martinez wants to sign one of our players.