• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Would be shocked if Stones is a Everton player. It will be a final day transfer with Everton not blinking till necessary. Chelsea would be best to leave their final bid as late as possible.

Sorry, honestly couldn't tell the difference. Sometimes people say that and it's an attack. Sometimes they are joking - difficult to tell the difference on a written forum though.

I personally would put Stones straight in - he has the pace and quality on the ball we are really lacking in defence. Not sure if I would give him a debut v Everton, but would put him in as soon as possible.

James, I say this with the very best of intentions. If there are people on here who are bugging you (I think I have an idea who they might be) just block them or just ignore responding to them.

I have a fair few I just ignore these days despite them baiting continuously. Just blank it and do your thing. There are members on here who enjoy your posts - interact with them and enjoy yourself.

Edited by Sleeping Dave

@DominicKing_DM: Roberto Martinez: "We have not rejected the transfer request - yet. We will do it in the morning. Sometimes money can't buy everything.'

I wonder what the next promising teenager they are after will think of that. Sign for us and we'll never let you leave for a better club? That's a great selling point.

Jose is the exact opposite and apparently he lacks class.

If Martinez/Everton reject Stones transfer request, I guess it would leave Stones no option but to start threatening to kick own goals. Still have a feeling he'll sign and this is just a ploy by Everton to drag it right out until the end for spite. Hope we return the favour next time Martinez wants to sign one of our players.

It might well come down to Stones himself. If he accepts the Everton stance and continues in a professional manner, he's there for the season and possibly beyond.

It depends how desperately he wants the move. Look at Sterling - he got himself out of a bigger club than Everton with his conduct, and despite the personal and professional criticism he has received, he is now earning substantially more money and given himself a much better opportunity to win trophies. He was driven and together with his agent, he forced it through.

Stones might well need to demonstrate a similar mindset and approach if he wants to play in Chelsea blue rather than Everton blue.

Stones might well need to demonstrate a similar mindset and approach if he wants to play in Chelsea blue rather than Everton blue.

Yes. And he could have started tonight by making himself unavailable for the game ('distracted', 'not in the right frame of mind', etc.). But he didn't.

Tomorrows Sun says Martinez wants £45 million for Stones.

Really?

James, you already know that once the price moved into the 30's my view was that it was becoming ridiculous. 40 mill, or more, is frankly absurd for a young guy with around 50 games to his credit, and who is more than likely to spend a fair time on the bench waiting his turn. Unless Mourinho has told Ms Granovskaia that JT is finished.

And despite what the Sun claims, I seriously doubt that Martinez makes those sort of calls (selling price), anymore than Mourinho does.

Mirror says despite Everton denials we have already begun talks over Stones with Everton, with a £34 million fee likely, and we expect to sign him this week.

Also says we will offer £300,000 a week to Pogba - and believe we have a good chance of getting both.http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-eye-record-transfer-splurge-6326253

300k a week is outrageous.

That would be the first actual confirmation from anyone at Everton that Stones has put in a written transfer request. It'll be interesting now to see if Chelsea think that it's just rhetoric from Martinez and continue the pursuit, or end the chase go buy another body. If we do look elsewhere, I can't imagine that it'll be Garay, just because of the way it appears that Mourinho viewed him at Real. Varane, anyone? :).

I'd like Varane, but I can't see us getting him at this late stage.