• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Vinod   

I dont for the life of me understand why Martinez has been discussing Stones in the media.

I dont for the life of me understand why Martinez has been discussing Stones in the media.

Probably because he keeps getting asked the question. However, I take your point - which I think is as much about what he's saying, as it is about him saying anything at all. All the snide stuff is a bit perplexing. I think overall though, that he's trying to send a 'back me' message to Bill Kenwright

Strange isn't it. I thought he didn't want it discussed in the media?

I was chatting to a mate yesterday, who is an Everton fan, and I was saying a similar thing. Martinez is taking a very public stance, and this is either going to blow up spectacularly or force the Everton board to provide the answers.

Imo, Martinez does not want to part unless he gets ludicrous money and can spend it. If Stones gets sold over his head and he is left with no time to reinvest, then he already has the board to blame. If the board backs him in, he's the people's champion.

If he gets the money he wants for Stones, and signs flops or over pays massively for average talent, it falls to him for holding out for so long.

Sarin   

300k a week is outrageous.

Not really with how fast football is progressing financially.

Which is outrageous in itself.

It is just ahead of the curve.

You have average players at "Financially responsible Arsenal" on 80k.

Vinod   

I was chatting to a mate yesterday, who is an Everton fan, and I was saying a similar thing. Martinez is taking a very public stance, and this is either going to blow up spectacularly or force the Everton board to provide the answers.

Imo, Martinez does not want to part unless he gets ludicrous money and can spend it. If Stones gets sold over his head and he is left with no time to reinvest, then he already has the board to blame. If the board backs him in, he's the people's champion.

If he gets the money he wants for Stones, and signs flops or over pays massively for average talent, it falls to him for holding out for so long.

In short, the only person who benefits from washing the dirty linen in public is Martinez himself. Someone should point this out to young John.

Vinod   

300k a week is outrageous.

Assuming the bid goes above 70 million, we pretty much establish that Pogba is one of the top players in the world. That comes at a price. I think Rooney, Toure, Aguero, Messi, Iniesta, Ronaldo and Bale would be drawing wages between 250 - 300K.

In short, the only person who benefits from washing the dirty linen in public is Martinez himself. Someone should point this out to young John.

Arguably helps the Everton fans if it pushes the protests against the board further. But on the face of it, he does seem to be setting himself up as a martyr

Heard a rumour today that a guy met Stones at a service station on the way back from Barnsley, looking a bit down, and said to him "We know it's not you but the board". He started crying & was pulled away by Jagelkia.

Now how true this is I have no idea. It could be some fake rumour. But wouldn't surprise me.

It will likely go to deadline day, and he might have to do more to force this through IMO.

And no, I am not convinced Everton will make us go to £45 million either.

Vinod   

Heard a rumour today that a guy met Stones at a service station on the way back from Barnsley, looking a bit down, and said to him "We know it's not you but the board". He started crying & was pulled away by Jagelkia.

Now how true this is I have no idea. It could be some fake rumour. But wouldn't surprise me.

It will likely go to deadline day, and he might have to do more to force this through IMO.

And no, I am not convinced Everton will make us go to £45 million either.

Seems plausible to be fair