• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Sarin   

Some people need to put themselves in Evertons shoes.

If Hazard had signed a new contract, then been chased by Real Madrid, who had offered more and more money each transfer bid.

With Jose saying "Not for sale, not for sale"

Then Hazard had put in a transfer request, what would peoples reactions be then ?

Admittedly I think we would have dealt with the situation a lot better, but I can understand why some of Everton arn't really happy.

Going into selfish Chelsea fan mode though. They should just follow the natural order of football, and as a selling club let Stones join a far superior club.

Did you watch the game James? They gave him a good reception before and after. Mourinho however.........

I just saw a video shot at the game of him leaving the pitch and fans calling him a ****** rat.

Some people need to put themselves in Evertons shoes.

If Hazard had signed a new contract, then been chased by Real Madrid, who had offered more and more money each transfer bid.

With Jose saying "Not for sale, not for sale"

Then Hazard had put in a transfer request, what would peoples reactions be then ?

'Not for sale', means for sale, but not at that price.

'Not for sale at any price', means not for sale.

All Everton needed to do was say that. They haven't, even now.

I think a lot of players sign long/term contracts without having the intention to see it out. The clubs as well.

As I see it it's an insurance to the club that they'll be able to ask for a large fee when/if the players leave. It's equally a safety measure for the player to be under a long-term contract should he suffer a serious long-term injury.

Long-term contracts are signed all the time without the expectation of seeing it through.

Depends on how you commit to it. The club is not unfair or out of order to hold you to it.

'Not for sale', means for sale, but not at that price.

'Not for sale at any price', means not for sale.

All Everton needed to do was say that. They haven't, even now.

I hope there is a price for Stones - and I think we want him so badly we will pay it, and maybe Everton know that. It will be worth it.

This kid will become a world class CB in my view and coyld be here for 10 years or more. Ferdinand was £30 million in 2002 and that was well worth it. 13 years later £40 million for someone of similar potential isn't that crazy when you think about it.

If he wasn't English I am sure the price would be lower. But that's football. I think this kid is worth investing in.

Edited by James Prescott

Ham   

I just saw a video shot at the game of him leaving the pitch and fans calling him a ****** rat.

One fan calling him a rat and one saying "f off". There wasn't one anti Stones song all night and he wasn't booed when he was on the ball.

One fan calling him a rat and one saying "f off". There wasn't one anti Stones song all night and he wasn't booed when he was on the ball.

I know, I listened to the game. Lots of Mourinho chants. I am talking about after the game.

Depends on how you commit to it. The club is not unfair or out of order to hold you to it.

Absolutely right mate.

But most clubs wouldn't want to force an unhappy player to stay. It's not very productive.

I suppose it depends which club it is and how important of an asset that player is for them. I'd say it's insanity for Everton to keep Stones "no matter what". That club has suffered from a lack of investment for years. This could be a great chance of going out finding 3-4 seriously good players for them for that money.

What Everton are doing is tantamount to refusing to let someone leave their job for a better paid job with more opportunities. They are refusing to let him develop himself and further his career.

That's it. End of.

No James, what Everton are doing is to hold Stones to a contractual obligation both him and the club signed less than a year ago. I don't agree with their method, but it is fully within their rights to do so.

Got a good mind to stop posting here until something actually happens. Everything that I need to say has been said.

Just getting sick of watching City strengthen and Chelsea not being able to push through much needed signings.

Pogba and Stones are the targets. Have no idea if we will get them.

But we need players in those positions pronto. Wait and see. Only 5 days to go.