• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

I don't think Stones will accept the decision; I think he'll tell Martinez he's not 'right' to play this weekend.

Then, once it's established that he's the nasty, greedy, ill-advised spoilt brat player and his club is untainted, they'll sell him.

If there is any suggestion he could still go, or might be let go, we'll be back for him before Tuesday. But I doubt it to be honest - and I am an optimist.

Jose and Martinez's respective press conferences today will be interesting.

Martinez said " John will me in the right frame of mind (for the Spurs game) because he is in the perfect environment at Everton football club"

Right Martinez. He won't be at all upset or distracted by the fact you have denied him the chance to improve himself at a better club.

Said earlier this month he hates the transfer window being open now and talks about the importance of keeping players to their contracts, yet confirms Everton are about to sign two new players, who were presumably under contract at their clubs.

Arrogance, hypocrisy and naivety of the highest order.

Edited by James Prescott

Martinez said " John will me in the right frame of mind (for the Spurs game) because he is in the perfect environment at Everton football club"

Right Martinez. He won't be at all upset or distracted by the fact you have denied him the chance to improve himself at a better club.

Arrogance and naivety of the highest order.

Well James, what is he supposed to say? John is pissed-off right now and is definitely not in the right frame of mind to play this weekend? He's upset because he doesn't think Everton Football Club is going forward and is disappointed we haven't invested in players?

No. Of course he won't. He'll sit there and say what everyone expects him to say. It's pointless even asking the question from a journalistic point of view - the answer is pre-engineered.

Well James, what is he supposed to say? John is pissed-off right now and is definitely not in the right frame of mind to play this weekend? He's upset because he doesn't think Everton Football Club is going forward and is disappointed we haven't invested in players?

No. Of course he won't. He'll sit there and say what everyone expects him to say. It's pointless even asking the question from a journalistic point of view - the answer is pre-engineered.

Get your point but what kind of explanation is "He is at Everton"? Ridiculous.

Chelsea have shown in recent seasons that we respect players' wishes when an offer comes in for them. We wanted Mata, KdB, Schurrle and Cech (and I think Lukaku) to stay, but we didn't stand in their way and attempt to hold them to their contracts against their will. This was what José said after Cech went to Arsenal:

I think it brings the club into a different dimension. It makes every player understand what this club is. Our owner is saying to everybody that human relationships and loyalty is more important than football.'

What he means here is that a club has show loyalty to a player, not demand that the player show loyalty by forcing him to stay when he can earn more or further his career (or both) elsewhere.

I heard rumours last night Jose is furious with Everton, as he had pursued Stones with some encouragement a deal could eventually be done.

Will be interesting to hear what he has to say later.

I heard rumours last night Jose is furious with Everton, as he had pursued Stones with some encouragement a deal could eventually be done.

Will be interesting to hear what he has to say later.

It's not Jose pursuing players - it's the board. He has nothing tondo with negotiations as such.

But at the end of the day, if he felt we needed another CB and Stones was our only alternative then it's our own fault. But it could also be that it was either Stones or we stick to what we've got.

But I must agree with Chelsea_Til'IDie, £26m was a very high offer but £40m is just unbelievable. I'm still stunned they haven't sold him for that price. Say he's has a poor season then what? Nobody in their right frame of mind will offer that kind of money again in that case.

Obviously Everton are well within their rights not to sell Stones to us, and that's fine, we can't be mad at them for that, they have invested time and money in him and want to reap some of the rewards for that on the pitch and not just in the bank account, I completely get that.

However, I cannot help but think they've now gone a bit far and are 'biting their nose off to spite their face'. They have a young player who has come to them and said that he wants to leave, for whatever the reason, money, development, champions league football, living in London (all of that I suspect), so the first point is that by denying him that you are going to end up with a young player with little life and footballing experience who doesn't want to be there - who knows how he'll react and deal with that, but I'm pretty sure it won't be all positive!

The second point is that you're being offered more than £30million for a 21 year old defender - however much potential you think he has, to reject that amount of money is crazy, especially for a club like Everton, they could sign 3 or maybe even 4 players to strengthen them in multiple areas and improve the squad greatly.

I understand you want to keep your best young talent, but to keep a young player, however good he is, when he wants to leave and the money being offered could allow you to really strengthen what isn't the strongest of squads sounds like terrible business to me. It feels like they're now rejecting it on principle.

If I were Chelsea, I'd walk away at this point and leave them to it.