• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Zidane   

Jose said he wouldn't comment on Martinez. Also said if they can get one more player in before the deadline, they would be good, and knows nothing about Linpeng coming.

Looks to me like Stones is definitely off, and they are still going for Pogba. He's the one they are trying to get in.

Jose also said if we get no one, he is still happy with his squad. Which I wouldn't agree with personally, but there it is.

And Stones is not a "knee jerk gamble". We have been scouting him since he was at Barnsley, and bid for him weeks before the season started. He is an intentional already and hugely talented. It's not a gamble and it's not a knee jerk. We'll be back for him again, I'd put money on it.

Based on what we've heard, what would be your ideal XI for the next season?

Jose said he wouldn't comment on Martinez. Also said if they can get one more player in before the deadline, they would be good, and knows nothing about Linpeng coming.

Looks to me like Stones is definitely off, and they are still going for Pogba. He's the one they are trying to get in.

Jose also said if we get no one, he is still happy with his squad. Which I wouldn't agree with personally, but there it is.

And Stones is not a "knee jerk gamble". We have been scouting him since he was at Barnsley, and bid for him weeks before the season started. He is an intentional already and hugely talented. It's not a gamble and it's not a knee jerk. We'll be back for him again, I'd put money on it.

Certainly sounds like it is Pogba or no one.

Regarding the bolded bit, how do you know this? I'm not saying it's not true, just that I'm interested is all.

cii99mn1   

Surprisingly few posts regarding Pogba. Is that because people see it as too unlikely (like me) or don't understand the hype about him (like me)?

I have just seen him play a few times to be fair. Is he really that good? Or is it about his potential more?

Jose was asked about Pogba today. He said:

"Pogba is a Juventus player. I am Chelsea manager".

Didn't deny our interest at all.

The latest rumour is that talks were held yesterday in Monaco between Chelsea and Juventus officials and that Juventus are considering our offer. The sticking point is that they are interested in a player swap as part of any deal, presumably involving Oscar.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/461757/transfer-news-gossip-Chelsea-Juventus-Paul-Pogba-news-rumours-latest-update

Scooba   

Surprisingly few posts regarding Pogba. Is that because people see it as too unlikely (like me) or don't understand the hype about him (like me)?

I have just seen him play a few times to be fair. Is he really that good? Or is it about his potential more?

It's not going to happen.

I think the price quoted for Stones would have been well worth it. Physically and technically he's got "it". I reckon he'll become a great player.... Disappointed as I believe our defence needs a kick up the arse to be honest.

Zouma and Stones would have made a very interesting CB pairing IMO. Shame it hasn't come off.

^^ No defender in the world is worth 40m, much less an average one (which is what Stones currently is). I'm all for buying young and promising players, but I don't see the point in a deal that would still be expensive, if Stones became the best defender ever. Similarly to the Falcao deal, this doesn't offer a lot of upside for Chelsea.