• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Mourinho knows who he wants, the board have the names, left to them to try sort it by Tuesday i think that is why Jose said for him the window is closed. As in he has his targets and is waiting for the outcome

I don't think that this is the problem, anyway. One or two new players (no matter what their names are) in isn't going to change much.

Is JM's problem right now his father being ill. Certainly JM looks very tired right now and looking for a break. His work is probably finished now - any player trading is left with the club and agents to sort out. There is an international break which will leave almost no one left at Cobham. If he is smart he'll take 10 days off.

The guy who broke the Pogba story last week tweeted today that all that's left to agree on that deal is the wages. If we agree wages, the deal gets done.

And I think given our current form and need for improvement, they might just match those wages.

Not that I think signings are the main issue, but would be good to get down quality fresh blood.

Agree that one reason Jose has been off might be the stuff with his Dad. Having some time off during the international break with no matches to prepare might be good for him.

The international break is good to be honest as it allows us to draw a line under this bad run and put it behind us, get away and focus on other things. Then we can come back and start afresh.

It's alright James, not attacking you, just sick of seeing Tancredi's name everywhere! :P

Nothing in tomorrow's papers about us regarding transfers

It's OK I knew that.

Indy saying we are still interested in Pogba and Garay. Nothing else.

Still I do think we will be active in the next 48 hours. Think Jose is leaving it to the club now.

But the big problem isn't necessarily players, as MT says. It's attitude, form, confidence, tactics.

Edited by James Prescott

Sarin   

Honestly the club could really use someone at the moment to make a change. Not just to lift the fans and the other players, but to alter how we play.

Pogba coming in, and playing 3 in the middle would be big for us.

Never seen some of our players this bad before, from Ivanovic at one end of the field right through to Hazard at the opposite end.

The guy who broke the Pogba story last week tweeted today that all that's left to agree on that deal is the wages. If we agree wages, the deal gets done.

If we haven't agreed the wages there is no way we are getting a deal done this year.

There might be some tax details about how best to structure the deal. Or the club might be going through the motions - 'O Juve, now that you have agreed a price, can we now talk to Pogba about wages'.

But it is too late to really negotiate on wages

Dingus   

And I think given our current form and need for improvement, they might just match those wages.

Not that I think signings are the main issue, but would be good to get down quality fresh blood.

Agree that one reason Jose has been off might be the stuff with his Dad. Having some time off during the international break with no matches to prepare might be good for him.

The international break is good to be honest as it allows us to draw a line under this bad run and put it behind us, get away and focus on other things. Then we can come back and start afresh.

Who exactly is tweeting this? There nothing I can see on there relating to Pogba and wages...

Harvz   

Who exactly is tweeting this? There nothing I can see on there relating to Pogba and wages...

Don't bother...

The interesting thing about the Pogba stories is that they only appear in the British media. The very few Pogba stories in the Italian media are articles rubbishing the notion that he would leave Juve.

As for Twitter... surely no sane person believes the rumours coming from there?

To put our slump into context, we're just 6 goals shy of conceding the same amount we did in Mourinho's first title winning campaign.

We need more energy in midfield, more width and creativity. I believe the solution is two players (Stones & Pogba) and a shift in formation that sees Rahman in at LB and Fabregas pushed higher up the pitch.

As for twitter rumours - I've seen stories broken there for other sports (e.g. basketball) but I'm not aware of football's equivalent to Adrian Wojnarowski.

Edited by lukekarts