• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

crux   

Looks like Witsel is off to AC Milan. Not like we were ever in for him but I saw his name mentioned many times on here.

I would always say...you never know.

Roman has bags of money & good contacts. And Marina.

They are well capable of making something happen. Whether that's a big CB signing, Pogba, another player or a combo, they can do something quickly. How many great deals get done quick on deadline day? Torres & Luiz did, when we thought they were dead. Ashley Cole, again when we thought it was dead.

You never know. And they will want to make a statement now, not in January. January is too late.

How many great deals get done quick on deadline day? Torres & Luiz did, when we thought they were dead. Ashley Cole, again when we thought it was dead.

Quite - although I wish you'd stop mentioning Torres when you talk about 'great deals'...........:).

If there is a plan, and if we're far down the line with negotiations with the odd player, then deals in the next 48hrs aren't out of the question. Have to say that I have my doubts though, based on the Stones example, which so far, I think has been a bit of a dragged-out fiasco.

Quite - although I wish you'd stop mentioning Torres when you talk about 'great deals'...........:).

If there is a plan, and if we're far down the line with negotiations with the odd player, then deals in the next 48hrs aren't out of the question. Have to say that I have my doubts though, based on the Stones example, which so far, I think has been a bit of a dragged-out fiasco.

Sorry, didn't meant to imply Torres was a great deal - he clearly wasn't. I meant 'how many big deals' - and although Torres did flop, it was a big transfer, which had looked off 24 hours previously.

As far as I know Chelsea always have a list of players for different positions, and they go down that list. Pogba is clearly on it and so was Stones. It's merely a question of the others on it and if we get get a deal or two done. I hope the 'inside source' above is right, and Roman can push a big deal through.

Another funny quote from Martinez on Stones saying he "didn't mean to hand in a transfer request" - again, thinking he is some naive, innocent little flower who was manipulated and pushed by others to make a transfer request against his will. Totally ridiculous.

Edited by James Prescott

xCELERYx   

After watching the Roma vs Juve match, I can see exactly why Juventus would not want to be selling Pogba. The midfield is woeful at present and to lose him on top would spell some serious problems.

On a side note; Salah had a decent game. Cuadrado came on late and didn't see a lot of the ball to influence much.

After watching the Roma vs Juve match, I can see exactly why Juventus would not want to be selling Pogba. The midfield is woeful at present and to lose him on top would spell some serious problems.

On a side note; Salah had a decent game. Cuadrado came on late and didn't see a lot of the ball to influence much.

I predict Juve will finish 3rd in the league, drop out of the group stages in the CL, and Pogba's value will plummet significantly. Allegri is an average coach, and I doubt he has what it takes to get an average Juve side that lost several key players rolling on again.

Pogba will move to Barca for 30mil (probably his true value) next summer. Juve lost an opportunity to sell him on for much higher this summer.

1) Sorry, didn't meant to imply Torres was a great deal - he clearly wasn't. I meant 'how many big deals' - and although Torres did flop, it was a big transfer, which had looked off 24 hours previously.

2) As far as I know Chelsea always have a list of players for different positions, and they go down that list. Pogba is clearly on it and so was Stones. It's merely a question of the others on it and if we get get a deal or two done. I hope the 'inside source' above is right, and Roman can push a big deal through.

3) Another funny quote from Martinez on Stones saying he "didn't mean to hand in a transfer request" - again, thinking he is some naive, innocent little flower who was manipulated and pushed by others to make a transfer request against his will. Totally ridiculous.

1) Yes, certainly 'big'.......:). Didn't Torres hand in a transfer request though? That may have put it over the line, if he did.

2) I don't know if Chelsea have a list, or not. One assumes that they do. However, it has to be the right player(s), or it's pointless. To be honest, I'm not even sure that we've identified the problems, never mind the right players to fix them. That view of course, could simply be the result of my fatigue watching this window come and go.

3) Martinez is a t**t.

I'm surprised that they've sold the players they have this window. Are there any suggestions of Juve being in financial strife and needing to sell?

Mail linking Anthony Martial to Man Utd. Is he any good?

I've seen him play a few times for Monaco, but tbh he's not stood out - but that could be the exception, rather than the rule. Given that Utd have a glut of forwards, it seems a strange move to me.