• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

I've seen him play a few times for Monaco, but tbh he's not stood out - but that could be the exception, rather than the rule. Given that Utd have a glut of forwards, it seems a strange move to me.

Do they? An absolutely woeful Rooney and rumours of Hernandez going on loan, United obviously need to strengthen up top. Even if you include Depay, Young and Mata as forwards I wouldn't say that they have a glut, especially as Januzaj is also being linked with a move away.

Would be a weird move but for different reasons.

Edited by OfWolfAndBiggs

Vinod   

Do they? An absolutely woeful Rooney and rumours of Hernandez going on loan, United obviously need to strengthen up top. Even if you include Depay, Young and Mata as forwards I wouldn't say that they have a glut, especially as Januzaj is also being linked with a move away.

Would be a weird move but for different reasons.

Think Utd's problem, much like ours, is a useless midfield.

xCELERYx   

I predict Juve will finish 3rd in the league, drop out of the group stages in the CL, and Pogba's value will plummet significantly. Allegri is an average coach, and I doubt he has what it takes to get an average Juve side that lost several key players rolling on again.

Pogba will move to Barca for 30mil (probably his true value) next summer. Juve lost an opportunity to sell him on for much higher this summer.

Allegri sides have always been slow starters, last season the exception. A lot of the ground work was done by Conte, now that there's been some significant changes the real challenge begins. Pogba's value could go either way really. He could thrive in a more focal role and his value could increase, even if Juve do poorly overall. Or, he could struggle and his value would drop, though not significantly. Anyone wanting him would still need to pay up, the incentive for Juventus to sell is not really there. The only way it happens will be if Pogba requests to leave and if so, that will start a bidding war between a number of sides which will keep his value inflated.

I'm surprised that they've sold the players they have this window. Are there any suggestions of Juve being in financial strife and needing to sell?

Well, Pirlo wanted to leave and his future was unclear for awhile, so he left on a free transfer. Tevez was always going to return to Boca at some point, and Juve granted him that wish once it was known he wanted to make the move now. Vidal is a loss, but some off field issues, his knee problems and his age probably helped sway a decision being made when decent money came about. There is certainly no financial issues at the club, they've spent some big money this summer to bring in new players like Dybala, Alex Sandro, Mandzukic, Zaza and Pereyra.

Just one of the summers I suppose where a rebuild takes place after the loss of some of the sides more key players over the last couple of years.

Do they?

Yes, I think they do. Depay, Rooney, Mata, Hernandez, Young, Wilson, Januzaj, Lingard, Pereira, Valencia. They're all attacking midfielders/forwards who are currently in the squad (even though Valencia tends to get his run-outs at full back these days, he is still primarily a winger/forward). That's 10, and LvG is now saying that this is where he wants Fellaini to play as well. So, maybe 11. Ok, a couple may be on their way, but we'll see - that's still pretty decent coverage. I'd also wonder why they'd send Januzaj out on loan, only to buy Martial. Personally, I'd have thought that they could do with another defender, rather than another forward (unless it's an out-and-out striker to back up Rooney), but that's just me.

Think Utd's problem, much like ours, is a useless midfield.

Really? I think Schneiderlin is a solid player, and Schweinsteiger despite his injury issues is class. Either would have been useful in our midfield.

They badly need someone to replace Rooney, basically someone like Ibra who can come deep, spread the play, create space, and finish chances -- their asking too much of Rooney as it is. I think he's finished anyway.

1) Yes, certainly 'big'.......:). Didn't Torres hand in a transfer request though? That may have put it over the line, if he did.

2) I don't know if Chelsea have a list, or not. One assumes that they do. However, it has to be the right player(s), or it's pointless. To be honest, I'm not even sure that we've identified the problems, never mind the right players to fix them. That view of course, could simply be the result of my fatigue watching this window come and go.

3) Martinez is a t**t.

I could be totally wrong but didn't FT ask specifically to be able to speak to us?

Maybe if Stones said to Neverton he wanted that.... :D

Even though I am sure Pogba wouldn't necessarily fix the problem right now, I wish we would make a signing of that calibre to show we mean business and are still a force to be reckoned with. City spending £150 mill this summer put them title favourites for me and I am a little in awe of their financial clout. I think they will rip the Premier League to shreds this season, while we just try to get a top 4 place.

Even though I am sure Pogba wouldn't necessarily fix the problem right now, I wish we would make a signing of that calibre to show we mean business and are still a force to be reckoned with. City spending £150 mill this summer put them title favourites for me and I am a little in awe of their financial clout. I think they will rip the Premier League to shreds this season, while we just try to get a top 4 place.

Spot on, like I said weeks ago, FFP is basically dead in the water, United, Liverpool and city don't give a **** about it so why should we

Totally agree. You nailed it for me (though I do think we'll finish top 3, and can still challenge for the title).

Edited by James Prescott

Spot on, like I said weeks ago, FFP is basically dead in the water, United, Liverpool and city don't give a **** about it so why should we

Perhaps we just don't want to spend that sort of money. Or we haven't got it bearing in mind Pogba's wages and the wages we currently pay?