Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,082 posts in this topic

One thing about Papy - he's left footed, and can play LB. Thinking that Jose is maybe going to be starting Baba at LB and switching Dave over, so this gives him more cover at LB. One possibility anyway.

When does the window close?

Across Europe, today. Tomorrow in England. So we can buy tomorrow but if clubs need replacements before agreeing that will have to be done today.

Juventus do seem to have had a lot of fingers in a lot of pies this summer.

Apparently we wil get 20% of the De Bruyne fee from Wolfsburg.

Re Papy:

Give him a chance and all that but what I can't understand is we have all these players out on loan and still we have to go and buy unknown players for squad depth.

Surely one of Ake/Kalas/Christensen could perform this role?

But I know - Jose clearly just doesn't trust youth unless they are bought for big money

Who's this Papy guy's agent?

Re Papy:

Give him a chance and all that but what I can't understand is we have all these players out on loan and still we have to go and buy unknown players for squad depth.

Surely one of Ake/Kalas/Christensen could perform this role?

But I know - Jose clearly just doesn't trust youth unless they are bought for big money

Exactly my thought. Why can't we give chance to our own??

If Pogba does come, he's currently with the French squad so will need permission to be released to speak to clubs/do medicals.

I really hope we do get him, merely because I'm getting sick of seeing United and City especially spend big money on players whilst our major signing is still Pedro. Not that Pedro is a bad signing - in fact he looks excellent - but because I think the clubs needs to reaffirm the fact that we're a major club, serious about challenging for major honours. And of course, any major signing will improve the team and make us stronger.

One person here said they'd heard on the grapevine Roman wants to make a marquee signing before deadline - I hope they are right, and it happens. Whether it's Pogba or someone else.

Exactly my thought. Why can't we give chance to our own??

Again, they are not good enough. This guy is a lot more experienced, and is versatile too. We've already got more kids in our squad than normal. Jose is shipping out Moses to give Kenedy and Traore their chances, and RLC is getting chance this season. And Jose has used two of them, for extended periods in a PL game. I won't have this crap that Jose won't give kids a chance. If they are good enough, and show it in training and in their attitude, he'll give them opportunities. And some of the kids aren't good enough, and some need game time - like Brown and Solanke.

When does the window close?

When someone gets to 14,000 posts by the looks of things!!!!

Apparently we wil get 20% of the De Bruyne fee from Wolfsburg.

link?