• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

kratos   

I think we need to sort out whatever funk is going on because the team is performing to the opposite of what they can do.

So it looks like Stones decided not to ruin his career by joining us. We'll just go for a guy that never had much of a career to start with.

This transfer window is all kinds of weird. I actually like the set-up of the squad, DMs aside, because it really looks like a few youngsters may be getting a shot. A horrible start to the season may have already cost us the title, we really have nothing to lose by blooding the likes of Traore, Kenedy, RLC, Baba and Zouma. Give the cups a fair go and use sensible rest and lots of rotation to make the top four with as little effort as possible.

Harvz   

Can already see the headlines after the first mistake. Papy Djilo-botchi. Hope I'm wrong about this, but this looks like a favour for an agent type of signing. We could literally pick names out of a hat and come up with a better fit nine times out of ten. Still, maybe he's that rare gem that went unnoticed and our scouting team are on to something. Not holding my breath.

Arkie   

I really believe that Mirror article!!!

Same tabloid Mirrors, suns, etc were used here as gosspel when Pogba's move was discussed.

I really believe that Mirror article!!!

John Pilger wrote it I think.

Can already see the headlines after the first mistake. Papy Djilo-botchi. Hope I'm wrong about this, but this looks like a favour for an agent type of signing. We could literally pick names out of a hat and come up with a better fit nine times out of ten. Still, maybe he's that rare gem that went unnoticed and our scouting team are on to something. Not holding my breath.

Don't worry mate, apparently we haven't bought him to actually play, just to occasionally sit on the bench. So everything is hunky dory............:).

What a load of cobblers by the Mirror once again. I remember some of the critics in the media when we signed Zouma because he was serving a ban for a reckless and erratic tackle.

It gets depressing simply because in order to compete long term we will need to spend £40 million plus on individual players each summer, given the way prices are going up.

City did it twice this summer. United did it last summer and pretty much this summer. We just can't seem to pull off and close down big deals.

If we don't we will be left behind. Yes, we have Kenedy, RLC and potentially other young players, yes we have a relatively young squad. But to compete at the highest level in the Prem and CL ultimately you need to spend big. That's how it works in football today sadly.

And it's depressing watching City splash the cash whilst we have tried to do the right thing by FFP and yet it's them who seem to get the rewards - because the rules are now relaxed.

Chelsea will need to spend big again to keep up. Sad fact, but true.

This summer we have a quality squad and quality young players who can take their chance. But ultimately we will need to get Stones or someone similar, and another striker to support Costa, and another creative player & powerhouse midfielder.

And whilst RLC could be that midfielder, the other positions we will need to spend big. Sad fact.

We'll be fine ultimately this season if Jose gets the players mentality, fitness, attitude and form back. (And if he doesn't we know what will happen).

Forgive me, probably just frustrated and emotional but there you go.