• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

I kind of get what your saying , but it don't make sense if I'm Victor Moses. I would imagine his wage is in the area of 40k per week. He has done little wrong at Chelsea and not been given much of a chance, just loaned around places without having a run of things here. So why would he sign an extension at Chelsea ? Surely he can earn far more money by moving for free when contract ends ? He could command a slightly higher wage with a nice signing on fee.

What your saying makes sense from a Chelsea angle, but it don't make sense from a Moses angle and this is why I cannot believe it to bethe reasons behind the new contract. This is just a very odd piece of business. I suspect southcoastal might have touched on the real reasons behind this contract extension.

Just speculating but maybe it offers more of bargaining position for him for his next club (this is what I'm currently earning, what can you do for me), financial security who knows.

There are at least one or two academy players or players out on loan who I believe could make it at Chelsea. Solanke, Brown and the guy at Monaco (can't spell his name sadly).

Remember, a certain Courtois was on loan for three years and no one thought he would come back.

If you are good enough, you make it here. Even if you have to go on loan first.

Zoowraa   

Just speculating but maybe it offers more of bargaining position for him for his next club (this is what I'm currently earning, what can you do for me), financial security who knows.

Possibly. Whoever that club maybe will likely pay him say 90k per week if on a free, but the club in question might baulk at £10 million plus 60k per week as an example.

I just think it's a really odd piece of business, but we have done a few of them recently so maybe I should not be surprised.

There are at least one or two academy players or players out on loan who I believe could make it at Chelsea. Solanke, Brown and the guy at Monaco (can't spell his name sadly).

Remember, a certain Courtois was on loan for three years and no one thought he would come back.

Pasalic? Has impressed me in the 2 Moanco games I have seen him in this season.

And of course having a great academy or investing money in buying young talent is good for the club because either they make it here or we sell at a profit if they don't which is good for club finances.

Lukaku & De Bryne were bought for a total of £24 million and sold for £46 million.

Good for the finances if nothing else.

Your optimism - sometimes - is a wonderful thing James and every single person on here could do with looking at the game and the club through your eyes from time to time. We are all guilty of moaning and whinging and whining unnecessarily and the whole vibe would be so much better if we all employed a little Prescott perspective.

But that is absolute twaddle.

Bollocks.

Use your common sense. Chelsea, despite what people think, aren't stupid.

No club bids for a player that many times over a summer for so long without some suggestion from the selling club or player that there is a potential deal to be done. Certainly not 3 times.

Papers have actually run stories saying Everton changed their stance as well. And it makes total sense to me.

Frankly I don't care what you think of me or my opinions. I have my opinion and I believe I am right, and you are wrong. And I certainly don't believe or support everything the club does.

You don't know that James.

Good idea that use of " intellectual" to reinforce your ever so superior mindset over those that clearly just don't get it...

If your statement had any worth then why not sell him now as he was errrr under contract ? Stoke were interested. . .

Because maybe the club decided they were not ready to sell him yet?

Jeez.

GURJ SS   

Stats / Expert Opinions etc etc, who needs those.

Our man Djilobodji has a song dedicated to him:

My God lol