• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

As much as I hate them, this international break may do us a load of good!

Except that practically all of our players will be away and therefore JM won't be able to do any work with them.

Except that practically all of our players will be away and therefore JM won't be able to do any work with them.

That might just be a blessing in disguise! ;-)

He his left footed according to Transfermarkt: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/papy-djilobodji/profil/spieler/136610

and

Yaya Toure praised his well-balanced efforts saying, "I have seldom seen a defender with this good a left foot and right foot."

If the above is true he would give us another option at full back and therefore increase the chances of Ivanovic moving to CB if his recent performances continue to decline.

We also know how much Jose loves a defensive left back (Gallas/Azpi) and would therefore be a different option to Baba Rahman in that position.

While I think all of the above is great and he clearly gives us further options rather than having a 4th choice CB who only plays in 4 games all year for us...I am pretty sure Nathan Ake could have done the same thing for us?

I'd really hope Ivanovic does not go CB, he is best kept to being a RB, possibly alternating with Azpilicueta now we have more options on the left hand side with Baba and Djilobodji.

It would be interesting to see what happens at LCB. Terry can't be relied on all season as good as he is, and need to think about the future. Zouma has tended to play to the right more often. So I can see Djilobodji play alongside Ivanovic, Cahill and Azpilicueta/Baba a few times maybe.

Wouldn't be surprised to see another CB (not Stones) scouted for in January.

xCELERYx   

He his left footed according to Transfermarkt: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/papy-djilobodji/profil/spieler/136610

and

Yaya Toure praised his well-balanced efforts saying, "I have seldom seen a defender with this good a left foot and right foot."

If the above is true he would give us another option at full back and therefore increase the chances of Ivanovic moving to CB if his recent performances continue to decline.

We also know how much Jose loves a defensive left back (Gallas/Azpi) and would therefore be a different option to Baba Rahman in that position.

While I think all of the above is great and he clearly gives us further options rather than having a 4th choice CB who only plays in 4 games all year for us...I am pretty sure Nathan Ake could have done the same thing for us?

Just because a player is a particular foot doesn't mean they can play a position on that specific side. There's a lot more to it all than just being able to use your left or right foot. He's not a left back and therefore shouldn't be playing that position unless desperation calls, a point we're not currently at.

Play Papy as he's intended to be played, CB or in some instances midfield. The two positions he knows how to play.

Ugh, I could do without the "he's an X, he needs to play X" all the time. It's fine if you're talking about our established players. But for people we haven't even seen play, players who barely have 100 matches to their name or ones that have successfully played "out of position" for so long that they're no longer out of position it's just nuts.

xCELERYx   

Ugh, I could do without the "he's an X, he needs to play X" all the time. It's fine if you're talking about our established players. But for people we haven't even seen play, players who barely have 100 matches to their name or ones that have successfully played "out of position" for so long that they're no longer out of position it's just nuts.

Just as it's hella annoying to see "x player should play x position because he's x footed" etc. Papy is 27 years old, he's been an established CB for much of his career with spells in midfield. Why the heck would you sign him and make him play at a position he's likely to have had minimal experience in. More so when it's a position that has been highly exposed by sides already.

Why try to sign Stones? Why not just sign Fellaini to play CB because he's big, good in the air and decent on the ball. While we're at it, why don't we just permanently move Ivanovic or Zouma to CF so we've got another target man for when Costa is not fit or subbed off.

I have no issues with players playing out of position when in times of need and it's a last resort, but when we've got viable options within the squad, use them first.

kratos   

Like playing Ram at RW, runs into trouble too much.

We have make do with the options we have but yes playing guys in positions they are not best at is risky.

CB position we now have 5 options and I am including Ivanovich to that.

Midfield was never a debate because we needed a defensive shield alongside Matic or atleast someone with the legs to chase back which Cesc does not.

RLC has talent but he must work on his defensive game.

Mikel is too slow

Ram has pace but his passing is not good enough.

Pogba is bound to go to either Barca or Real next summer.

The guy I'd go for is Wanyama, he reminds me of Essian and I think he would be perfect to complement Matic.

Edited by kratos

^^ How do we know Papy's best position is CB unless he's tried in other positions? Obviously that happens in training and we're not privy to those experiences, but dismissing it right off the bat because of some more or less accurate label seems stupid to me.