• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

haifarul   

Droy still claiming Stones wouldn't start for Chelsea as he isn't even close to Terry or Ivanovic ?

He will still hold that opinion along with Terry playing for another 4 years,Matic being sold soon blah blah blah.I expect us to put a £20 mill plus for Naismith in January,keep him on the bench and flop then loaning him out .

cam4blue   

Droy still claiming Stones wouldn't start for Chelsea as he isn't even close to Terry or Ivanovic ?

Did I ever say that?

Yes?

I do actually think Stones would do best coming here - working under the beat manager (and defensive coach) in the world, and being mentored in the art of defending by JT. And as I have said too, he would get a lot of games this season.

I doubt it. Zouma didn't get many last year - and even less at CB. Cahill stands head and shoulders as being better than either. Hopes that they might play out of position seem to rely on one poor game by Ivanovic against an opponent which would have given either the same problems.

Question 1 to be answered is would Stones sit any higher in the pecking order than Zouma?

?

Yes?

?

Probably why I didn't remember it.

"he would get a lot of games" answer: "probably not " never quite seemed like "Stones wouldn't start for Chelsea"

Thankfully we have your archive of all Droy quotes to help us out.

If I was so obsessed about dwmh as you are, I'd be worried.

cam4blue   

Probably why I didn't remember it.

"he would get a lot of games" answer: "probably not " never quite seemed like "Stones wouldn't start for Chelsea"

No. Saying you "doubt" Stones would get starts is clearly different to doubting Stones ability to get starts.

I see that now.

Thankfully we have your archive of all Droy quotes to help us out.

I remembered replying to it at the time. Sorry that having a good memory makes you uncomfortable. I know you'd prefer it if people forgot everything you said. I'd prefer that too.

Make it personal if you want though, and make sure you blame me as you do so. As per. Someone will spot it eventually. In fact, of all the posts in this conversation, mine was the only one that didn't say anything personal. And I shall keep it that way. Thanks.

Sarin   

Even if we had of played Stones at right back, out of position last night. We would have looked a much better side.
The quicker Azpi moves to the right at this stage. The better. We need to bolster the defence. Though it appears the club was well aware of that.

Even if we had of played Stones at right back, out of position last night. We would have looked a much better side.

The quicker Azpi moves to the right at this stage. The better. We need to bolster the defence. Though it appears the club was well aware of that.

People need to stop saying this until we see just how bad or good Rahman is. Our coaching staff have been watching him for a month. If he was showing anything approaching Ivanovic's level, he would have had time on the pitch by now. In truth, Dave is playing cack (by his impeccable standards) too. Unfortunately, this points to Rahman being well off the pace. JM can't pick him just because he is not Ivanovic. He actually has to be better!

People need to stop saying this until we see just how bad or good Rahman is. Our coaching staff have been watching him for a month. If he was showing anything approaching Ivanovic's level, he would have had time on the pitch by now. In truth, Dave is playing cack (by his impeccable standards) too. Unfortunately, this points to Rahman being well off the pace. JM can't pick him just because he is not Ivanovic. He actually has to be better!

This is the default position that conveniently explains/excuses what could be considered strange selection decisions. Can't win against that sort of argument: If he's not being selected, then he can't be performing at training. How about instead, that Mourinho has his 'untouchables', and has shown many times in the past, that he's extremely reluctant to drop them? I guess if what you're saying is true, then Ivanovic and Fabregas must be training the place down!

kev61   

And there we have it folks,rahman is shite in training.bodes well for the future?

Sarin   

This is the default position that conveniently explains/excuses what could be considered strange selection decisions. Can't win against that sort of argument: If he's not being selected, then he can't be performing at training. How about instead, that Mourinho has his 'untouchables', and has shown many times in the past, that he's extremely reluctant to drop them? I guess if what you're saying is true, then Ivanovic and Fabregas must be training the place down!

My whole reasoning is that no one could be as bad as Ivanovic is right now. Seriously.

Fabregas must be hitting unbelievable passes in training, splitting the entire field, nutmegging a whole other team, bouncing it off the post and right back to Diego Costas head.

Last season Jose said that Ivanovic and Terry both told him they wanted to play every minute possible of every game.

He said he did that, and that they deserved the title.

Looks like they said they want to do it again, and Jose backed them, and it misfired badly because Ivanovic has been completely horrible with amazing consistency.

Edited by Sarin

No, that isn't what I was saying at all. I'm not suggesting that anybody is doing well. I'm suggesting that Rahman is likely not doing better than Ivanovic (however badly he is doing) and that JM feels the net effect of shifting Dave to RB (there will be an adjustment for him to go back there - it's been a couple of years) and bringing Rahman in, would be more risky than leaving it as it is, for now.

Yes he has his untouchables, he doubtless prefers to play people into form, he stands by players that serve him well, and some of that can be frustrating at times, but he is also not stupid. We had that "not ready" quote very early on about Rahman - it remains to be seen quite how "not ready" he is. Putting a player that is "not ready" into this side will make things worse, not better, as it will affect the confidence of the side, which although not shot, is already fragile.

It seems there are a lot of posters hanging an awful lot on Rahman's shoulders and making him out to be the main answer to our problems, when the truth is that none of us have the 1st idea whether he is up to it yet. It took Ivanovic 6 months to get a sniff of 1st team football after he joined (ok that's not helping my argument, but you get my general drift). Some players need time to adjust.

Knee-jerk reaction is to change everything, players, formation when a bad run happens, but this team and this system just won the league very easily. You can't dismantle that after just 3 defeats (2 of which, at any other time, you would half expect). Sometimes it's better to just sit tight and weather the storm - I don't expect anyone to agree, but personally, I feel that will be more beneficial to this team in the long run, from a mental-strength perspective.

It's been a horribly dis-jointed start to the season, the CL is coming at a good time for us - we need lots of games quite quickly to get back to fitness and into rhythm. 3 quick wins and it's all forgotten.