• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Sciatika   

Marco Amelia? do we really need a 3rd choice? He'll just take up a foreign spot.

Why would that matter? The position is probably only until Xmas - Courteois will be back in December.

I'm not going to type out a wish list of superstars I want us to sign. But with the way things are right now do you think Roman may allow the manager to spend big in January to try and salvage something this season? What makes me think of this was back in January 2011 when we were having a bit of a bad time (no where near as bad as now) and we brought in Torres and David Luiz in big deals.

Not being funny but we would of been better off not doing those deals in hindsight, hopefully money will be made available if the right player is up for grabs, but realistically the type of player we need are summer transfers barring a current club meltdown.

It amazes me that there are some on here who think we will just go out in Jan or in the summer and buy whoever we want!

WAKE UP PEOPLE, IT WONT HAPPEN..

Clubs won't need to sell any of their players unless they choose to, the teams that are relegated get 100 million thanks to the new tv deal, so if we think that Stones will be at Chelsea next season, unless Everton choose to sell him, it won't happen!

We might be lucky and get some cast offs from Real Madrid or Barcelona, but they won't be the top players, unless we offer silly money

^ Aren't you one of the many posters who moans about us not buying players fairly regularly?

Bringing in Torres was, in the long term, an obvious mistake and opinions were and are very much split on Luiz, but there is no question that having increased options benefited our form massively from January that season. I doubt anyone of a real superstar profile will be available in January, but for me the club have to do something about central midfield ASAP.

^ Aren't you one of the many posters who moans about us not buying players fairly regularly?

Bringing in Torres was, in the long term, an obvious mistake and opinions were and are very much split on Luiz, but there is no question that having increased options benefited our form massively from January that season. I doubt anyone of a real superstar profile will be available in January, but for me the club have to do something about central midfield ASAP.

Too bloody right, we should be buying players regularly, but we shouldn't be letting players go if we haven't got cover..

I was the first on here to say ivanovic should have been sold in the summer, a few people had a go and said I was mad..

Now everyone wants him gone!

It's going to be a lot harder buying players in the summer because of the tv deal,

Too bloody right, we should be buying players regularly, but we shouldn't be letting players go if we haven't got cover..

I was the first on here to say ivanovic should have been sold in the summer, a few people had a go and said I was mad..

It's going to be a lot harder buying players in the summer because of the tv deal,

Hence why juve are hanging onto pogba till next summer, if us barcelona madrid and city go in he could be the first player to break 100m

xCELERYx   

It's not so much about selling Ivanovic, it's more about the fact he's a central defender still playing fullback and it has finally caught up with him. It was something that was bound to happen soon enough, but maybe not after the season he had last year. That's football though. If we actually had some genuine competition, maybe he'd feature less and he'd last a little longer in the role. Instead our other RB plays LB and our LB purchase isn't deemed good enough to get a game so we're left with nothing but persisting with what's on offer. That comes down to poor squad management.