• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Surprised there's not been more talk around Alex Texeira. He's confirmed our interest in him and certainly looks an interesting prospect.

One of the things he himself said was that he didn't expect to move (if he does move) until the summer. (Following quote taken from Daily Mail)

'I believe it is very difficult for it to happen in January because it is in the middle of the championship,' he said. 'Shakhtar have said they will not release me in January, only at the end of the season, but I'm keeping a clear head.'

bluepuma   

People will now doubt have a go at me for being not positive enough, but I am only going to describe what we have seen.

Musunda's development curve has slowed right down it seems.....

+of course, even the optimists expect only about 10% of the promising teens to make it at Chelsea. Nothing odd with a 19 year old leaving.

'Seems a bit unfair to put it that way; if his development has slowed down surely that is, to a significant degree, due to the limits of what you can achieve playing in youth and u21 games. Like so many before him, he needs to play more competitive football.

And as for your 10% figure, I appreciate you are volunteering the view of an optimist as opposed to your own, but the realist's retort would be that probably fewer than that amount will have any sort of adult career at all in professional football, never mind in the top flight.

bluepuma   

This from today's Telegraph on Adebayor:

Adebayor saw a loan move to West Ham blocked by Levy in the last January window and held negotiations with the club over the summer, when he was told he would be required to have eight weeks of training under his belt to be seriously considered in the New Year.

Having stayed in Togo until December, Adebayor is already a full month behind the schedule the Hammers set him and attempts to convince clubs that he has been working hard on his fitness are at odds with a series of pictures posted on Instagram showing him relaxing and posing with cars.

There have been questions raised over whether or not Adebayor still has the hunger and desire to play top-flight football, following a summer saga of failed moves and the revelation that he is still being paid in full by Tottenham.

In other words, my answer on getting him involve the words "wouldn't", "touch" and " bargepole"...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/12029534/Emmanuel-Adebayors-Premier-League-return-complicated-by-Tottenham-still-paying-his-wages.html

xCELERYx   

This from today's Telegraph on Adebayor:

Adebayor saw a loan move to West Ham blocked by Levy in the last January window and held negotiations with the club over the summer, when he was told he would be required to have eight weeks of training under his belt to be seriously considered in the New Year.

Having stayed in Togo until December, Adebayor is already a full month behind the schedule the Hammers set him and attempts to convince clubs that he has been working hard on his fitness are at odds with a series of pictures posted on Instagram showing him relaxing and posing with cars.

There have been questions raised over whether or not Adebayor still has the hunger and desire to play top-flight football, following a summer saga of failed moves and the revelation that he is still being paid in full by Tottenham.

In other words, my answer on getting him involve the words "wouldn't", "touch" and " bargepole"...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/12029534/Emmanuel-Adebayors-Premier-League-return-complicated-by-Tottenham-still-paying-his-wages.html

Not really sure what the exact point of this is. He's in a position where he's unable to play football because of being released after the close of the transfer window, so naturally there is going to be considerable down time for him to enjoy. Given his situation and not being able to join a club until the transfer window reopens he'll naturally be out of match shape. I highly doubt his fitness is as poor as what Costa's was upon his return this summer.

Really is a nothing article.

If we buy/loan/think about Adebayor then whoever is pushing this agenda should be run out of the club before their feet can touch the ground.

xCELERYx   

If we buy/loan/think about Adebayor then whoever is pushing this agenda should be run out of the club before their feet can touch the ground.

Well, it depends on who is available come Jan. Evidently, we need another striker if Costa continues to struggle. Now, will that mean splashing huge money to obtain one or simply trying to plug the role short term. Given Ade and Mourinho have worked together before and also being familiar with the EPL, I wouldn't rule out a 6 month deal until seasons end.

Well, it depends on who is available come Jan. Evidently, we need another striker if Costa continues to struggle. Now, will that mean splashing huge money to obtain one or simply trying to plug the role short term. Given Ade and Mourinho have worked together before and also being familiar with the EPL, I wouldn't rule out a 6 month deal until seasons end.

I'd bite the bullet and wait it out until summer.

Adebayor isn't a solution in any way. He's finished and has been for a while. That he's a full on moron doesn't make it better.

Adenauer on a 6 month trial contract would yield more than falcao, tell him he does well enough till summer he will get a 3 year deal and I'd guarantee he would get 10+ goals for us, but would never get more than half dozen in a full season once on a long term deal, he will produce when he needs to make an impression then as soon as the inn has dried on the contract he couldn't care less, play him at his own game I say, he can't be as bad as falcao

Adenauer on a 6 month trial contract would yield more than falcao, tell him he does well enough till summer he will get a 3 year deal and I'd guarantee he would get 10+ goals for us, but would never get more than half dozen in a full season once on a long term deal, he will produce when he needs to make an impression then as soon as the inn has dried on the contract he couldn't care less, play him at his own game I say, he can't be as bad as falcao

Not sure a long-dead former German Chancellor is the answer to our problem! ;-)

GURJ SS   

Not sure a long-dead former German Chancellor is the answer to our problem! ;-)

LOL!!! Brilliant!