• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

xCELERYx   

Only seen the odd video of him. Seems like a very good finisher but relies a lot on service, which isn't our team's strong point.

I think we need a all rounder to lead the line for us, rather than a poacher. The only player that I think we should be looking at is Morata, we should throw Cuadrado and Salah into a deal to bring him here.

Morata is able to lead the line and link up play, something that 2 players in our team are having to do. Much like my point about Biliga, he could do what Matic and Fabregas are doing for us. We need to step up our quality of players we have and their ability to do a job tactically.

In the past we had players who were multi dimensional, now we have far too many one dimensional players.

Salah's already been sold to Roma I believe. And Juventus won't sell Morata, who Real Madrid still hold a buy back clause on. While he can lead the line, he also is another that relies on service too. His link play is solid enough because he's played with a partner and both strikers play close to each other. He'd be considerably less effective here than he has been at Juve. Which he hasn't really scored much outside of the CL run he had last season.

Biliga is also an average player and is nearly 30. Isn't hard to stand out among a horrible Lazio side though.

Edited by zaffo

/Logs in to the forum to read interesting opinions on Chelsea.

Learns instead that running a photography business excludes other posters from challenging your points, cause clearly they do not have the qualifications. ^__^

Roman Roman sign him up!

The state of this forum as of late is comedy.

In my opinion one of the qualities our team is lacking now is long range shooting.

Granted we are playing bad at the moment, but opponents are generally too comfortable sitting back and inviting us to unlock their defence.

if we had a Lampard teams had to close us down faster and with more aggression, because they couldn't allow us time on the ball to take the shot.

Now the opposition is much more focused on standing in front of our players, allowing us to pass sideways and only worrying about covering the Space behind them. if a player like Lampard got the ball in the final third, the defender would be mental not to press quickly to close down any Space for a shot. That forces him to leave the space he's in which is exactly what we need. I think we need to focus on drawing defenders out of position, leaving space behind that another defender must then close down. Work the defenders, Draw them out of position and create space to run into.

And if they do not feel the need to close us down quickly, shoot the f'in ball at goal. If it goes in, they know they cannot afford us that much time on the ball. If the keeper saves we might get Lucky on the rebound.

I don't watch much football any more. My love is Chelsea and I watch all our games. I have an interest in football and watch the big games every now and then. So I don't have a finger on the pulse when it comes to talented players playing for clubs other than the top 10 in europe or teams Chelsea do not play.

Are there not any available midfielders with in the market that also offers a thread outside the penalty area?

Yes. Running a business only focusing on your outgoings and not your incomings? And I should engage my brain? As a matter of fact, I am actually responsible for a business and how much we spend and how much we earn. Not every one can take photos for a living. Besides, if a club like Chelsea has spent £23.3m on Cuadrado, loaned him out and wanted to spend money on someone else while waiting for a sale of Cuadrado to go through they could find financing elsewhere if money was tight. You know, there is something called money markets out there outside of your studio.

As you now see yourself as the guru of football transfers. Why don't you enlighten us and tell the rest of us who Mourinho has wasted all this money on? Go on Bob, give it a good old go.

We know you have opposed to the £23.3m for Cuadrado. Anyone else you'd like to mention on top of that?

Make your mind up... one minute you're complaining about how FFP is stifling us, and now you're saying Chelsea spending money on a player they don't use doesn't stop them buying someone else while that player is still with us. You have to face these simple facts... no matter how much any of us like or hate FFP, Chelsea, as a club, have embraced the rules. This means that there is only a certain amount of money we can spend each season on players, and in a few cases we sell before buying. Given that scenario, any player we buy specifically for the first team squad who plays no meaningful role is a waste of money. Furthermore, both in Europe and domestically, there are restrictions on squad numbers, so again, a player taking up a squad place who makes no meaningful contribution, is a waste. One can go even further and say that even some of those who play regularly can be considered a waste because they are being played out of position and/or expected to fulfil a role for which they are not suited.

As for players that were a "waste of money"... I wasn't keen on Cuadrado, Costa, Fabregas or Pedro for a start. I'm yet to be convinced regarding Matic (only because we are not playing him in his correct role... for some reason Mourinho, and many here too, see him as a defensive midfielder when he plainly isn't!). That's about £120m (depending on which source is used regarding fees) down the drain.

I wouldn't trust Mourinho with £100 let alone another £100m+ in January and/or the summer!!!

GURJ SS   

Salah's already been sold to Roma I believe. And Juventus won't sell Morata, who Real Madrid still hold a buy back clause on. While he can lead the line, he also is another that relies on service too. His link play is solid enough because he's played with a partner and both strikers play close to each other. He'd be considerably less effective here than he has been at Juve. Which he hasn't really scored much outside of the CL run he had last season.

Biliga is also an average player and is nearly 30. Isn't hard to stand out among a horrible Lazio side though.

I think Morata would give us a genuine option for 2 upfront, he is able to drop off and also play up top. That way we could have so many more options and variations in our play. R.Madrid would provide a problem as I will be surprised if they don't activate their clause. At the moment our current set up is not letting our attacking mids get into goal scoring positions as much as they should, I think the key is to get a striker who is able to bring them into play with some creativity. Costa is just too head down in possession and doesn't have the creative ability to put someone through on goal. Either way I think we need a striker who can run with his head up, I think Remy is over due his chance.

I think what we need is a average(although I think he is better than average) sort of player, Biliga plays more with his brain than his ability, much like Raul Meireles. The problem we have at the moment is we have central midfielders who don't know how to keep things simple, and just don't move a few yards to the side and get the ball off the defence. Matic and Fabregas try and play the killer ball or a short clever pass in every opportunity they get, which we were lucky to get away with yesterday - Matic lost the ball when clearing it was by far the better option, he tried to dribble out of our own box and also tried to play a clever 2 yard flick pass when the receiver was surrounded by 2-3 players. Ramires will try and run every chance he gets(but to be fair he is a box to box player and needs freedom), but he still doesn't know simple football either. The only one that does is Mikel, but there is something that Jose doesn't like about him, maybe he is too simple, but it's better than giving the ball away in dangerous positions.

We currently have to deploy two players to do a role that one should be able to do. Sitting infront of the defence and also picking a ball up from the defence and giving it to a creative player who is stationed further forward is a one man job. It takes two of our players to do something that one player should easily be able to do, which is killing our game in attack.

Yesterday all we needed was a player who shifted the ball out their feet and spread the ball quickly, Matic can't turn quick enough, Ramires doesn't have that style, and Fabregas can't defend so he is a liability in that position, so we normally have to play 2 to do one person's job. I think Biliga would be cheap enough, and a short term solution that we need very much. Buying a big name for the long term would mean having to offload one of Matic and Fabregas, and we all know that won't happen.

GURJ SS   

Brahimi and Aboubakar presumably to arrive this January. Especially now Porto are no longer in the CL.

Would take Brahimi, but we have 2 bench warmers for Costa already; I think Remy and Falcao can manage the 5 mins of playing time between them. If Brahimi came in then someone would have to leave, most likely Kenedy and Traore out on loan.

Ruben Nevas looks like a player who is well ahead of his age level, but it would be career suicide to come here at that age.

Would take Brahimi, but we have 2 bench warmers for Costa already; I think Remy and Falcao can manage the 5 mins of playing time between them. If Brahimi came in then someone would have to leave, most likely Kenedy and Traore out on loan.

Ruben Nevas looks like a player who is well ahead of his age level, but it would be career suicide to come here at that age.

Sorry - Aboubakar obviously to be loaned straight back

GURJ SS   

Sorry - Aboubakar obviously to be loaned straight back

That's more like it, sounds much more like a Chelsea signing...