• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Can't we buy 20 new players in January? Like seriously sod all the piles of shite off ASAP.

Wouldn't that be hilarious?

I expect they'd be Cherry picked Championship players to help us bounce back though. Charlie Austin anyone?

Sea foot   

I've always liked Austin. He might not score every time but the majority of his shots are usually on target and hit with pace. But is he good enough for a relegation battle? ;-)

GURJ SS   

I think we should avoid buying big names, if we need fresh blood then we recall loaned out players. That is what they are there for, emergencies, and this is a bloody emergency!

Kalas, Chalobah, Marin, Van Ginkel, Moses, Atsu, Bamford; worse case scenario is they hardly play, best case scenario is they give us a lift or lift the current players.

I'm actually being nice in naming a few players, if it was upto me our team for the first match in January would be: 4:3:3 - Begovic; Kalas, Zouma, Terry, Ake; RLC, Mikel, Baker; Willian, Remy, Pedro;

Subs: Courtois; Ivanovic; Van Ginkel; Boga, Brown; Bamford, Solanke;

With players like Omeruo, Chalobah and Swift being recalled too.

I would sell most of the squad, if we are going to have a bad season, we might as well use it for the next generation.

In other news, Townsend is available for around £14M? Problem is he is a spud and a injury prone one too.

Edited by GURJ SS

GURJ SS   

Townsend is awful. I'd rather play Traore, Boga or Kenedy.

So would I to be honest, the only reason I would entertain the signing of Townsend is because he has pace. The major problem with our current wide men is players can still catch them up, so they can't beat their marker and keep him beaten.

So would I to be honest, the only reason I would entertain the signing of Townsend is because he has pace. The major problem with our current wide men is players can still catch them up, so they can't beat their marker and keep him beaten.

The problem more lies with when our wide players bring the ball forward there is nobody breaking down the middle or in any sort of useful position. All the pace you want can't rectify bad positioning from forwards/forward players.

Our approach play on the whole is one of the slowest and most ponderous in the league, mostly caused by lack of options. I can't even count the amount of times we've broke on the counter with men over only to end up with a full compliment of defence back in position due to no options for a pass.