• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

GURJ SS   

What does everyone think of Alex Teixiera supposedly being a done deal? Anyone see him play on a consistent basis to know if he'd be a good fit or not?

Comes across as a more effective attacker than Willian, but a less effective defender than Willian. I don't think we need another player behind the striker unless we are offloading someone, or loaning out Kenedy and Traore(which would mean they are finished here) for the rest of the season.

In my opinion we would benefit more from bringing in a wide player, I think 2 overlapping quality fullbacks and a authentic winger should be priority. We need fullbacks that can run at players and get past them, plus we need a winger who is able to stretch a team by holding their position out wide, we need a serious injection of pace in the team. Only Ramires is able to break clear of a defender and stay clear through using pace, the rest just get caught up and have to check back.

Teixiera will keep coming inside which will further congest us and our AMs will continue to get in each others way. One of the reasons we look more fluid with Pedro on the pitch is although he drifts in for a shot, he generally likes to use the space out wide and use the extra time wisely.

Personally I would like us to go get Coentrao and Carvajal, as for the wide guy someone like Lucas Moura - blistering pace, huge amounts of skill and makes markers cack their pants in fear of being made to look stupid. Moura might still be lacking a consistent end product, but he can make something happen out of nothing, or at least get the ball into a very dangerous position, which is what we lack the most.

Edited by GURJ SS

People overstate it because of who it was, but he did OK. We got top 4 and a relatively minor trophy. He met his targets. Credit where it is due for that.

He did not do "fantastic". 4 points off the leader to 14 points off the leader isn't "fantastic". Our appalling surrenders in the League Cup and Club World Cup were not "fantastic". Even our Europa League run, who did we play, and how well did we do?

---> I think he did really really well. I honestly do. You could point the finger at JM for our surrenders against Palace, Borunemouth, Citeh, etc.

We played superb football that season; under RDM. Rafa made us pretty dull.

---> Disagree cut its all subjective on this.

LOL.

Can you actually imagine?

If you take away the passion and feeling of the fans, the historical rivalries, the heroes, the villains; what is left? Why don't we start playing in Red? Why don't we rename ourselves "Spartan FC" and play our home matches in Tokyo?

----> You're taking it to an extreme. I was talking about comments Rafa made when Liverpool manager that CFC fans can't seem to get over, when all managers do it; JM

in particular.

Sciatika   

What does everyone think of Alex Teixiera supposedly being a done deal? Anyone see him play on a consistent basis to know if he'd be a good fit or not?

He's probably brilliant because he doesn't currently play for us. Consequently, much better than what we have. After all, better the devil you don't know.

He's probably brilliant because he doesn't currently play for us. Consequently, much better than what we have. After all, better the devil you don't know.

You're almost right... he's probably brilliant because he doesn't play for us but is exactly what we need. Once he is here, a few iffy performances and everyone will question why we bought him ;-)

----> You're taking it to an extreme. I was talking about comments Rafa made when Liverpool manager that CFC fans can't seem to get over, when all managers do it; JM

in particular.

Comments or no comments that fat piece of lard is a **** manager and grade A cnut. Tribal feelings aside as you wished.

If he becomes our manager I'd totally boycott Chelsea and I've been a supporter for 20 years+.

One of my best Chelsea moments ever is Leeds away in the League Cup. The Leeds fans tried to mock us for who our manager was but when we outsang them with vitriol towards that fool they fell silent awfully quick. It was the best of the best I've ever seen from Chelsea fans. Massive support for the lads on the pitch, nothing but contempt and hate to the fat man in the dugout. And he deserved all he was getting.

I was in Amsterdam and the win felt dirty to me. Awful, knowing he's got what he wanted. A Mickey Mouse trophy so he could get a decent job again. He used us.

Comments or no comments that fat piece of lard is a **** manager and grade A cnut. Tribal feelings aside as you wished.

If he becomes our manager I'd totally boycott Chelsea and I've been a supporter for 20 years+.

One of my best Chelsea moments ever is Leeds away in the League Cup. The Leeds fans tried to mock us for who our manager was but when we outsang them with vitriol towards that fool they fell silent awfully quick. It was the best of the best I've ever seen from Chelsea fans. Massive support for the lads on the pitch, nothing but contempt and hate to the fat man in the dugout. And he deserved all he was getting.

I was in Amsterdam and the win felt dirty to me. Awful, knowing he's got what he wanted. A Mickey Mouse trophy so he could get a decent job again. He used us.

Bitter, much?

Bitter, much?

I don't normally see Sleeping Dave's posts as I have him on ignore, but I find it very amusing that he feels dirty regarding the trophy we won under Benitez, yet anyone who didn't particularly like Mourinho is considered a traitor to the club because of the trophies he won for us. Mind you, given how hypocritical Sleeping Dave is on many subjects, I can't say that I'm too surprised!

I don't normally see Sleeping Dave's posts as I have him on ignore, but I find it very amusing that he feels dirty regarding the trophy we won under Benitez, yet anyone who didn't particularly like Mourinho is considered a traitor to the club because of the trophies he won for us. Mind you, given how hypocritical Sleeping Dave is on many subjects, I can't say that I'm too surprised!

It would....appear that way.

How do you put people on ignore!?

I've got everyone on ignore and simply use this forum as my own Chelsea related Twitter.