• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

by all accounts from people that should know he is very tactically flexible and is more likely to find a shape to suit the players at present then put square pegs in round holes which is certainly a positive.

xCELERYx   
4 hours ago, Rolls Reus said:

Conte's team at Chelsea. 

Hazard       Costa
         Willian
 Fabregas     Matic
Baba                Dave
 Zouma  Cahill    Iva 
        Courtois

352 with wingbacks will never work in the Premier League. That team would get slaughtered to pieces game after game. 

We'd need at least 2 more CBs. Terry and Ivanovic cannot play as a RCB, they're both really slow and will often be isolated against wingers, as Dave pushes forward to provide width. That is a massacre.

Besides, our wider CBs absolutely have to be really good with the ball. Zouma and Ivanovic are definitely NOT the type. 

Terry is too slow. I don't even think he can play as a single central defender at a 3 at the back formation, since he still has a lot of ground to cover.  

p.s: Thus one of the reasons Terry will be leaving the club for sure. 

That's unlikely to be our team anyway, nor are we even aware what system we'll play if Conte does join. So any talk in that mould is rather pointless at present.

Speed isn't a defining factor. Someone like Barzagli is hardly quick himself, nor is Bonucci to be fair. Terry's lack of pace wouldn't be an issue if the right partners are next to him, just like Conte set up at Juve and Allegri has maintained. 

3 big physical defenders who are good in the air but also capable with the ball at feet, that's the main criteria.

Bonucci is the one will step up into midfield at times and look to take advantage of his passing ability with a through ball or ball in over the top which splits open sides.

Barzagli is the rock that anchors everything down; hence the nickname "The Wall" he's earned himself.

While Chiellini is that bridge between the two. A hard no nonsense defender that's versatile and solid on the ball, while providing the leadership amongst the backline. 

It's all about getting the balance correct. The wingback roles is where having pace is most critical, because of the need to get up and down the pitch and contribute to both phases of play. Being able to recover and get back into position is important.

ripz   

few stories linking us with Riechedly Bazoer of Ajax today. I know it's only youtube videos but he looks like the type of player I was hoping we'd be after. He's like a Fabregas type player, a CM with good ball control and creativity and he also has a good build, 6ft tall and good upper body strength, good for the prem. At just 19 I think he's the type of player we should be looking at.

What goes around comes around. The players that were oh-so happy commemorating Mourinho getting fired won't get off easy, and in about 5 months time will have to deal with when Mourinho 2.0 comes to town.

Better enjoy the sweet nice breezy grandpa Hiddink while they can, because the Italiano devil is coming.

We know who the softies are in this squad, but I'm most intrigued about seeing Mikel handling this whole thing. He can't stop saying how Guus restored the feel good factor at the Bridge.

Conte will murder him.  

ripz   

I honestly think Conte would a disaster here, he seems like a mix of Roy Keane and Mourinho which is pretty much the opposite of what we need. I'll be pretty gutted if it's him, I think maybe Chelsea went for the cheap option, his contract is up after the Euros so he's free to bring in. I'll wait and see what he's like with Italy in the summer but not feeling too great about him right now, feels like Mourinho 2.0

1 hour ago, zaffo said:

That's unlikely to be our team anyway, nor are we even aware what system we'll play if Conte does join. So any talk in that mould is rather pointless at present.

Speed isn't a defining factor. Someone like Barzagli is hardly quick himself, nor is Bonucci to be fair. Terry's lack of pace wouldn't be an issue if the right partners are next to him, just like Conte set up at Juve and Allegri has maintained. 

3 big physical defenders who are good in the air but also capable with the ball at feet, that's the main criteria.

Bonucci is the one will step up into midfield at times and look to take advantage of his passing ability with a through ball or ball in over the top which splits open sides.

Barzagli is the rock that anchors everything down; hence the nickname "The Wall" he's earned himself.

While Chiellini is that bridge between the two. A hard no nonsense defender that's versatile and solid on the ball, while providing the leadership amongst the backline. 

It's all about getting the balance correct. The wingback roles is where having pace is most critical, because of the need to get up and down the pitch and contribute to both phases of play. Being able to recover and get back into position is important.

Before you claim his system worked with Juve, he had by far the best squad in Serie A with Pogba, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio and Tevez while the other top Italian teams couldn't stop s**tting the bed season after season. 

xCELERYx   
7 minutes ago, Rolls Reus said:

Before you claim his system worked with Juve, he had by far the best squad in Serie A with Pogba, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio and Tevez while the other top Italian teams couldn't stop s**tting the bed season after season. 

I fail to see what relevance this has towards what I said and you quoted, but okay.

Rob B   
15 hours ago, Rolls Reus said:

Mikel is too slow and slows down the play.

He's defo not a Conte style type of players. Thus the RIP. He'll be either sent out packing or go back to the bench. Unless he's able to conform himself to Conte's style. Remains to be seen.  

I've been watching Serie A and Juventus is my favorite team. 

Pirlo's not quick though and he was Conte's first signing wasn't he?

I'm sure he would be able to judge Mikel's strengths and weaknesses better than any of us lot tbh, especially as he was a central midfielder himself.

If it is Conte that joins, I'm actually quietly confident that we've got one of the best available. (Would prefer Jose to have stayed obviously, and then Pochettino but Levy would never all him to join us)

He really did revitalise an underwhelming Juve team and has some remarkable endorsements from some top top players e.g. Buffon, Pirlo, Pogba 

9 hours ago, ripz said:

few stories linking us with Riechedly Bazoer of Ajax today. I know it's only youtube videos but he looks like the type of player I was hoping we'd be after. He's like a Fabregas type player, a CM with good ball control and creativity and he also has a good build, 6ft tall and good upper body strength, good for the prem. At just 19 I think he's the type of player we should be looking at.

How richly bizarre.