• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

JohnnyG   

Michael Tucker, you give me too much credit to think I know anything about these things. I’m a technological pinhead. Anything short of using the computer for word processing purposes, I’ve got no idea. What I normally do is write whatever I want to post here in Microsoft Word using “Trebuchet” and the font size of 12. But after getting that notice from Admin, I reduced it to 8. When I post, I simply copy it from the Word document and place it in the “Reply” box here, just as Holymoly said. I have no idea how it appears in other people’s computers, but it looks okay in mine.

So, please, if there’s anything I’m doing wrong or you know what I need to do to post in the same font as everybody else, let me know.

NB: Following your comment, I did check the fonts others here are using. For instance, yours and Holymoly’s and Zoowraa’a show “Calibri (Body) 11” I’m posting this very one with “Calibri (Body) 11” with the hope that is the same font as everybody else’s….(Kenn wiping the sweat from his brow….)

This was typed in MS Word in Trebuchet 12 then copy & pasted on here, just to see if that formatting actually works.

Didn’t think it did.

Harvz   

Yeah, I always piss in a cup in the kitchen and then carry it to the loo as well.

Back on topic though... oh wait. 4 days since the window closed.

Yeah, I always piss in a cup in the kitchen and then carry it to the loo as well.

Back on topic though... oh wait. 4 days since the window closed.

Nice analogy but to be fair, if I wrote such epic long posts, I'd probably use a massive chamber pot to make sure the loo didn't flush before I'd finished.

Codger   

What I normally do is write whatever I want to post here in Microsoft Word using “Trebuchet” and the font size of 12.

Yep, that's the problem. The forum software is picking up your formatting from Word. Just need to ensure you paste as plain text in future.

Maybe I am not in the minority after all. Good to hear.

Far from it, I think.

I lost interest years ago. The high and mighty old boys club at the FA ignoring the obvious choice of manager for 'yes men', or sacking the best around. Brian Clough couldn't get the job, Hoddle sacked for a non-footballing reason, Venables the same. In my opinion you don't need master tacticians as national manager of England - a great motivator and organiser is what's needed, with a decent coach or two alongside. Venables might have won England something, if they'd left him in-situ.

Never a moments contriteness by the FA for the numerous crap appointments and decisions they've made, just more old tosh from the latest tit in charge about it being jolly foreigners fault.

Add in the 'fans' (sic) appalling treatment of our loyal servants, namely JT, Frank and Ashley, also the amount of times our lads played the full 90mins when the likes of Ferdinand, Scholes, Gerrard did a half or 60mins

Club every single time for me.

Edited by East Lower

Sciatika   

Me too. When Ash described them as a bunch of t***s, he was being kind. And then they fine him for "bringing the game into disrepute"? These are the people who think their own opinions are above the law of the land. So, who exactly is bringing the game into disrepute? I can only assume they needed a cash injection for their corporate jollies with Platini or with Blatter and his mates or, possibly, just some help with their golf club subscriptions. The FA are a bunch of prats and hypocrites who would have been shown up for what they are years ago if the toadying press didn't spend most of their time with their collective noses stuffed up their a***s. Rant off.

Edited by Sciatika

Scooba   

Not sure why its being discussed in here but Zoowraa is probably not in the minority. I could not care less about international football other than watching it to see if any of our players play well.

kratos   

Agree with you Scooba, I watched Scotland vs Belgium and Kevin played well tonight.

On another note some have said Jose went to watch Serbia vs Croatia, wonder if he left immediately after Matic was sent off.

What will people be watching tonight? England game or Belgium game?

It will be Belgium for me, I'm missing seeing some of our exciting players in action.

I hate international breaks.

Hate them too but think we only have ourselves to blame. If we don't go, or watch, the manipulators trying to sell us fake patriotism will have to think again. These people take our financial support for granted and we let 'em. As long as we continue to shell out, guess what they're gonna continue doing? That's why I don't watch England any more. I did pick up the habit of watching Belgium last season though but only to keep tabs on KDB. More on that in a moment but...

What I want is an end to international breaks and the institution of an international season. Ditch the breaks and we can get the club season done more quickly. We start club football two weeks later and finish it two weeks earlier. That creates a 5/6 week window for internationals.(There is already at least a one-week slot for internationals at the end of the European club season.) That's plenty of time to get a whole qualification tournament played in one go.

Imagine how much more interest World Cup qualifying would generate if it becomes a mini tournament in itself? The ideaof an international season has been put to Blatter before but he said it couldn't work for cash flow reasons. He said the smaller national associations in particular, need the life blood of regular matchday incomes. Personally I don't buy that. Can it really be beyond the wit of fifa to solve that? I don't think so.

I watched every Belgian game last season and I was tuned in again tonight. Maybe my expectations of KDB are too high because I'm such a big fan of the bloke but, as I saw it, he did not play as well as some here felt he did. Yes, there were times when he showed the crystal clear thinking and razor sharp instincts that make him look so brilliant when he's on his game but there were also too many times when he just plain got things wrong. Too many for my liking anyway.

Kevin's talents deserve high expectations but with those come high standards for him to live up to.

Harvz   

Right lads, going to clamp down on the content in here for a bit just to keep it on topic... or preferably empty, although I doubt we'll be seeing that level of restraint any time soon.

No piss pots, no international goals... just transfer (stuff). Ta.