• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

xCELERYx   
2 hours ago, McCreadie said:

Lukaku is effective in a fast counter-attacking team. I think he would be bloody awful in a slow ponderous tippy tappy team like us. Conte can tinker with formations and lineups, but he can't make teams push right up and defend high against us. He will end up Torresesque if he returns.

I highly doubt we'll play slow tippy tappy crap under Conte, he likes to push the tempo and have his sides move the ball around. We'll still look to keep possession, but the passing style will be mixed, with plenty of direct balls from the deeper playmaker or CB to catch sides out. 

I think we'll see us play through the wings more also and look to stretch sides by keeping our width. Which having someone like Lukaku offers a good target in the air, while still capable on the ground and mobile.

jones   

Well, the whole point behind Conte's football is to have four players pushing high up the pitch to unsettle opposition's back line. Then it's impossible for their CMs to be as aggressive on Fabregas as teams have been this season.

Even if it is 3-5-2 or 4-2-4, Lukaku and Costa will get space behind to run into.

25 minutes ago, jones said:

Well, the whole point behind Conte's football is to have four players pushing high up the pitch to unsettle opposition's back line. Then it's impossible for their CMs to be as aggressive on Fabregas as teams have been this season.

Even if it is 3-5-2 or 4-2-4, Lukaku and Costa will get space behind to run into.

That's what we did with Mourinho as well. Until our attackers thought they were too good to do some necessary running and they had figured out how to put pressure on us. 

Fabregas can't play in a midfield two. It's impossible and if we do it we will always be a soft side easy to turn. You can't expect to have one player only taking care of the opposition. 

11 hours ago, bluecueball said:

Looks like we're after Joao Mario from sporting. I dont know anything about him.

Any Portuguese experts here? 

Good player but obviously not worth what the portuguese media are reporting (his clause, 60 million). Young (23), dynamic and has an eye for goal, has been very good this season and called to the Euros with Portugal. If you ask me, I can see him going to United with Jose. 

I'm assuming when we sold Lukaku, we put in some clauses regarding percentages of next transfer fee etc.

I wonder if this means we actually get him cheaper than the touted price?

3 minutes ago, NorwayBlue said:

I'm assuming when we sold Lukaku, we put in some clauses regarding percentages of next transfer fee etc.

Apparently we didn't. Hey NorwayBlue, I'm visiting your wonderful country to see the Northern Lights in Dec. May I please pm you? 

xCELERYx   
4 minutes ago, NorwayBlue said:

I believe Everton haven't paid the full amount that he was sold for anyway (understanding is that payments were made in instalments), so I dare say any deal potentially made would factor in that we'd not make Everton pay the remainder of what is owed and it gets deducted from what we'd outlay to bring him back.

7 hours ago, zaffo said:

I highly doubt we'll play slow tippy tappy crap under Conte, he likes to push the tempo and have his sides move the ball around. We'll still look to keep possession, but the passing style will be mixed, with plenty of direct balls from the deeper playmaker or CB to catch sides out. 

I think we'll see us play through the wings more also and look to stretch sides by keeping our width. Which having someone like Lukaku offers a good target in the air, while still capable on the ground and mobile.

Indeed!

This video was interesting (for those who like music, I suggest you watch it with the sound off, as I did. The accompanying noise is just so distracting)

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/5/22/11739446/watch-antonio-contes-3-3-4-system-explained

12 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Indeed!

This video was interesting (for those who like music, I suggest you watch it with the sound off, as I did. The accompanying noise is just so distracting)

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/5/22/11739446/watch-antonio-contes-3-3-4-system-explained

I watched it yesterday , very informative and yes the music is made for muting.