• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

1 hour ago, chelsea_matt said:

Apparently we didn't. Hey NorwayBlue, I'm visiting your wonderful country to see the Northern Lights in Dec. May I please pm you? 

Sure! Not sure how much I can help but I'll try :)

18 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Indeed!

This video was interesting (for those who like music, I suggest you watch it with the sound off, as I did. The accompanying noise is just so distracting)

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/5/22/11739446/watch-antonio-contes-3-3-4-system-explained

Interesting, but it is all very well introducing a very different system when you opening games are against Italian clubs.  quite different when you are straight up against PL teams and PL pressure.  How will Conte get all that through to our players in pre-season training when even Conte (and I guess much of his staff) will be at the Euros.

And I note that (at least acording to wikipedia which is my way of watching Italian football) that Allegri, his sucessor, has mosty gone back to systems with 4 at the back.

I have no real idea what kind of system Allegri wants to use, and some most of our players could play any system easily.  But I would expect some teething problems for the first few months.

21 minutes ago, NorwayBlue said:

Thanks ;) 

21 minutes ago, NorwayBlue said:

19 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Interesting, but it is all very well introducing a very different system when you opening games are against Italian clubs.  quite different when you are straight up against PL teams and PL pressure.  How will Conte get all that through to our players in pre-season training when even Conte (and I guess much of his staff) will be at the Euros.

And I note that (at least acording to wikipedia which is my way of watching Italian football) that Allegri, his sucessor, has mosty gone back to systems with 4 at the back.

I have no real idea what kind of system Allegri wants to use, and some most of our players could play any system easily.  But I would expect some teething problems for the first few months.

Are you going to start getting confused between Allegri and Conte now? Darn those pesky Italians!! First it was Capello and Ancelotti, now this!!! ;-)

I'm not in any way suggesting Conte will have us playing a back three in a 3-3-4 or 3-5-2. The media seem obsessed by the notion that he only ever plays 3 at the back, when it plainly isn't true, and this falsehood is now being turned into a fact in the heads of many supporters too.

However, the video was informative regarding how Conte does like to stretch defences. He used 4-2-4 in his early years and only switched to 3-3-4/3-5-2 at Juve because of Pirlo, but has used other formations, according to I) players available and ii) who the opposition is. Just look at the current Italy side, where he's often used a 4-3-3

In Fabregas we do have a playmaker that is as close to Pirlo as one will find in the current game. If Cuadrado does come back from loan, I can see both he and Hazard being asked to stretch defences (in a way Willian is incapable of doing) in order to create more space for whoever our striker(s) may be.

Edited by Bob Singleton

xCELERYx   
14 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Could't be further from the mark if you tried. If you watched, you would know that Allegri tried to move back to his preferred 4 at the back system this season and it didn't work at all. Senior players like Chiellini approached him and expressed their desire to go back to the 352 system that they felt more comfortable in. Allegri did that, and low and behold form and performances improved and a resurgence up the table happened after a horrible start to the season. (Note, some of which was also down to finding the right midfield combination after losing Pirlo and Vidal). 

Every now and again Allegri will move to the 4312 system, such as when injuries hit and there was a CB shortage, and sometimes to change things up against sides, but more often than not it's the 352. What we does do however, is against weaker sides he'll play the likes of Cuadrado and Alex Sandro in the wider areas because they're more attacking and have them push up into wide midfield roles. 

All in all though, he's kept much the same system that Conte implemented. He's just tweaked it in the midfield areas because of the big changes, given there is no longer a deep-lying playmaker in the side. Marchisio has moved into that deeper role and tends to sit and recycle possession, sometimes interchanging with Khedira to mix it up.

Holymoly   
On 20/05/2016 at 1:00 PM, Sleeping Dave said:

Well, it's certainly how English sides operate these days. 

It never ceases to amaze me. Why spend £100m on two players, when you could get four players for less than half of that who are better? 

I think we should make a new rule. Once a player has moved to the PL he should be forever erased from our scouts memory. There is absolutely zero value shopping from English sides (unless you are a continental side looking to bring back poorly purchased/utilised players). 

La Liga is a better leave quality wise and they do it on a third of the PL budgets. Maybe even less. There's another way you know, and it's absolutely not how the game is these days. It's how the English sides chose to spend their money gained from having great marketers market in the league. 

Its a poor choice of you ask me. 

While I don't disagree with your line of thinking I do believe that we need a bedrock of British players and I'm not sure how we go about getting them in your scenario? Stones for me seems to be a slightly less slack jawed version of Ferdinand without the underlying basic capability. £50m is laughable.....unless he lights up the Euros of course.

Holymoly   
47 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Followed by Guus back in charge by Christmas?

Holymoly   
32 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

In Fabregas we do have a playmaker that is as close to Pirlo as one will find in the current game. If Cuadrado does come back from loan, I can see both he and Hazard being asked to stretch defences (in a way Willian is incapable of doing) in order to create more space for whoever our striker(s) may be.

This is the same Cuadrado that used to get pushed off the ball by a light breeze when he played for us?

Arsenal have spent almost 40 million on Xhaka and apparently they're offering 50 for Morata. 

What the hell are the Chelsea board doing!? JUST SPLASH THE CASH!