• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

xCELERYx   

Chelsea continue negotiations with Roma for Antonio Rudiger, as there are only €4m between demand and offer.

According to newspaper Il Tempo, a deal could be struck over the next few days.

The Giallorossi are asking for between €26m and €28m for the German international centre-back.

So far the Chelsea proposal has reached €22m, including performance-related bonuses.

It is a small gap to be bridged through negotiations and Rudiger could well be heading to Stamford Bridge this summer.

Roma have decided Rudiger is the most easily replaced, so was put on the market to avoid losing stars like Radja Nainggolan, Miralem Pjanic and Kostas Manolas.

6 hours ago, zaffo said:

Has someone like Oscar ever really looked like an accountable senior player though?

The line has to be drawn somewhere on certain players eventually.

So you have a personal squiggly line that manages swerve sharply inwards in order tto cut out Pedro and Oscar and then stretches wildly out to create a peninsula which can accommodate Kenedy and Traore & RLC?   And you would have played some unknown kid instead of Ivanovic last season.

Remind me again why I find debating things with you so weird.

xCELERYx   
2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

So you have a personal squiggly line that manages swerve sharply inwards in order tto cut out Pedro and Oscar and then stretches wildly out to create a peninsula which can accommodate Kenedy and Traore & RLC?   And you would have played some unknown kid instead of Ivanovic last season.

Remind me again why I find debating things with you so weird.

Yeah, when you completely disregard the rest of my post of course it doesn't make bloody sense. 

Oscar, Pedro and Ivanovic = senior players.
Kenedy, RLC, etc = younger players, but also the only depth we have.

If x senior player isn't performing, then drop them for someone else within the squad. If that happens to be x younger player, so be it. The gamble is minimal because; 1) either the young player excels and keeps their place in the side, 2) the younger player fairs no better and senior player returns, 3) with either options the senior player gets a needed kick up the backside and realises they're not undroppable and need to perform. 

Had we had other senior options, the same thing would apply. You'd drop x player and bring in whoever else. Just because our depth was in younger players doesn't mean we exclude them completely as options. Even if it's only serves as a motivational tool for the senior players.

Thankfully, Conte will do this sort of thing if needed. He won't just let players go through the motions if they're not pulling their weight. So, regardless of the transfer activity we have, he'll utilise our squad in better manner than it has been.

Harvz   

I don't understand the antipathy towards Vardy (in general, not on here). His link to Arsenal has been met with derision if Twitter replies are anything to do by. Its it a class thing? Has he been shagging people's wives? Was he a Chelsea youth product or something? He's class and he worked to get to where he is - I begrudge him nothing and as much as I dislike Arsenal, I'd be delighted to see him playing for a club just below the top tier in England.

JaneB   
14 minutes ago, Harvz said:

I don't understand the antipathy towards Vardy (in general, not on here). His link to Arsenal has been met with derision if Twitter replies are anything to do by. Its it a class thing? Has he been shagging people's wives? Was he a Chelsea youth product or something? He's class and he worked to get to where he is - I begrudge him nothing and as much as I dislike Arsenal, I'd be delighted to see him playing for a club just below the top tier in England.

Quite irrationally I guess, I'm disappointed that Vardy couldn't wait to get away from Leicester.  Claudio must be gutted.  And needless to say Arsenal won't get the same negative press that we would have done.

And Koeman going to Everton.......why?

12 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Quite irrationally I guess, I'm disappointed that Vardy couldn't wait to get away from Leicester.  Claudio must be gutted.  And needless to say Arsenal won't get the same negative press that we would have done.

And Koeman going to Everton.......why?

I'm sure Caudio understands.

Koeman to Everton.  I guess that Southampton's board figure they have created a great set up and after Pochettino and Koeman think they can find another manager to take advantage of their great set up fairly cheaply.  Whereas Everton have worked out their setup is no good and they need a great manager desperately.  I suspect both Everton and Southampton have got this a fair bit wrong.

But still a situation where Koeman can get a big pay rise by going to Everton but would never get a similar offer if he stayed.

41 minutes ago, Harvz said:

Personally I think he's a good fit for Arsenal , he's quick, has an eye for a goal and loves a dive.

If they can keep Ozil out of Mourinho's clutches it'd be weighted balls over the top galore.

Mind you if we signed him he'd be just another racist scumbag mercenary.

10 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'm sure Caudio understands.

Koeman to Everton.  I guess that Southampton's board figure they have created a great set up and after Pochettino and Koeman think they can find another manager to take advantage of their great set up fairly cheaply.  Whereas Everton have worked out their setup is no good and they need a great manager desperately.  I suspect both Everton and Southampton have got this a fair bit wrong.

But still a situation where Koeman can get a big pay rise by going to Everton but would never get a similar offer if he stayed.

I'm expecting De Boer to get Southampton then.

2 hours ago, Harvz said:

I don't understand the antipathy towards Vardy (in general, not on here). 

I think it's mostly because he's 29. At 30 footballers should be taken out back and put out of their misery, not considered (as they most often are, imo) to be in their prime and at their most valuable.

10 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I think it's mostly because he's 29. At 30 footballers should be taken out back and put out of their misery, not considered (as they most often are, imo) to be in their prime and at their most valuable.

Or because he has been given a second chance at success