• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

As for transfers, my hope is that we get Morata sorted soon and go from there. As most people are saying I think we need 2 X CM's, 1 X AM, 1 X FB, 1 X CB, plus replacements for those that are sold. If we can do that and get the right players in I think we'll be fine. However, one thing we've got to be careful of is not holding out for a player, I am looking at Nainggolon, too long; we should just submit our top offer and push for a response, if that doesn't work then move on, as I don't want to get into a situation again where we're chasing certain players that aren't moving. 

Holymoly   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

It remains a rising market and come September you can only have the players you developed or bought.

I don't see how a policy of secretly buying undervalued talent is going to work - especially with modern agents and data systems - the tactic just doesn't work.

Besides the problem has never really been about quality of players, always quantity.

So what you're saying then is that within the transfer system the skill of the player becomes irrelevent and it just comes down to who has the pushiest agent?

That's a fairly bleak future.

xCELERYx   
45 minutes ago, Hazardous said:

The big difference, especially with Nainggolan is that he is more than just a hard running midfielder, he is a very decent level technically, certainly better than Ramires, who I am a fan of but you can't ignore his technical deficiencies.

Droy has openly admitted to not watching Serie A, so it's unsurprising he is a little off when it comes to having an informed opinion about a quality player such as Nainggolan. /salty.

xCELERYx   

Roma have rejected a new Chelsea offer for Radja Nainggolan, worth €32m plus €3m in bonuses.

The midfielder does not seem to have any intention of leaving, while the Giallorossi will fight tooth and nail to keep one of their star players.

According to Sky Sport Italia, Roma turned down another proposal from Antonio Conte’s Chelsea worth €32m plus another €3m in performance-related bonuses.

The response is the same as it has always been – Ninja is not for sale.

While Miralem Pjanic has a release clause in his contract worth €38m, Nainggolan has no such problem and Roma do not even want to negotiate.

As the Belgium international is also not particularly eager for a move to London, Chelsea proposals are bound to fall on deaf ears.

Radja Nainggolan will wait to see whether Roma want to sell him to Chelsea, whilst discussing Belgium vs Italy.

The midfielder is a starter in the team that will play against the Azzurri on June 13 in France, for the first game of either team in Euro 2016.

“We just have to play in our usual form, without worrying about what our opponents are going to do,” he told La Gazzetta dello Sport. “Even if the opponent in question is strong.

“We have very talented individual players and we must find the way to bring out the best in them.

“I think of [Eden] Hazard, [Kevin] De Bruyne, but not just them. There are so many quality players among my teammates that finding a single name becomes difficult.

“A three-man defence for us? That's science-fiction, we always played with a four-man backline.

“There isn't a single player here who is a leader, what's going to make the difference for us is the team balance, which we still don't have.

“Against Norway, Hazard and De Bruyne did a great job, helping out the defence too. That's the right path.

“We have many great players, but unless we get it in our heads that we must all play together, helping each other out and running and working, it's going to be hard to go anywhere. We still need some work on that, but there have been signals of progress.

“My style of play is the same in my club as in the national team. Fighting, never surrendering, giving your all for the team. That's how I like to play.”

Finally, Nainggolan was asked about a possible transfer to Antonio Conte's Chelsea, a matter he already discussed only a few days ago.

“I've always been open about my preference. I'm happy at Roma, I like Rome, and that's where I see myself.

“Having said that, an offer by Chelsea is important, so you can't just pretend you didn't hear it. I have already laid out my preferences, now let's see if the club does its part.”

☝︎ With regard to that quote (“Having said that, an offer by Chelsea is important, so you can't just pretend you didn't hear it. I have already laid out my preferences, now let's see if the club does its part” ) unlike James in a previous post, I see it as meaning he hopes Roma reject all our offers as he's settled in Italy.

Maybe we should look elsewhere. I'm sure he would be fine in London, but if his young (Italian) family don't settle, then it could cause similar problems to those we had with Crespo. Do we risk pulling out all the stops to get him, maybe even over-paying, only to sell back at a loss next summer. Shades of Felipe Luis?

1 minute ago, Bob Singleton said:

☝︎ With regard to that quote (“Having said that, an offer by Chelsea is important, so you can't just pretend you didn't hear it. I have already laid out my preferences, now let's see if the club does its part” ) unlike James in a previous post, I see it as meaning he hopes Roma reject all our offers as he's settled in Italy.

Maybe we should look elsewhere. I'm sure he would be fine in London, but if his young (Italian) family don't settle, then it could cause similar problems to those we had with Crespo. Do we risk pulling out all the stops to get him, maybe even over-paying, only to sell back at a loss next summer. Shades of Felipe Luis?

Or maybe he is publicly saying what he feels he should but has let the club know privately that he would lik to join us and by doing there part he means reaching an agreement with us?

Why would he say that you can't ignore an offer from us if he was going to ignore it?

If he really had no intention of coming why not just "pretend you didn't hear it"?

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Love this bit. Like the press are expecting Conte to sit down in a press conference and say, "our formation will be <insert formation here> and our tactics will be <tactical ideas>" so that all our rivals can spend time working out how to counter it 

Exactly what I thought!

Like someone said before, I wouldn't sell any of our players to our rivals. Never. I'm tired to see how they reject us when we approach for one of their players (Rooney, Modric, Stones...). Sell them to another country but absolutely tired of seeing them going to Old Trafford, Anfield or Emirates. 

4 hours ago, GianfrancoZola said:

for what it's worth, my wife's cousin works at a private school in south london where Matic's kids goes to school and she said that Matic had informed them that the kid isn't going (there) next year. Could be that they just move school, but who knows. on other news Willian has applied for a place for his kid. 

To be fair, if I were Matic and benched to two inferior players in my position (CM, Mikel and Fabregas) I'd pack my bags and leave as well. If a club like United with a manager like Jose were after me I wouldn't even think twice.

For Mourinho, in a hard-working United side and a proper CM partner, he will be just as dominant as he was from January 2014 to May 2015 for us. I know a lot of people seem to try and 'forget' or simply pretend it never happened, but he was the best CM in the league 2014/15 and basically held our midfield by himself (Fabregas wasn't, and never was, a proper CM and the reason our system fell apart completely forcing JM to play a more cautious approach).

Unless of course some posters will take this ridiculous notion a bit further by claiming that the professional footballers of the PL are extremely poor at judging ability.  

It would be a terrible start to the window if we sell anyone outside of Mikel, Remy or Ivanovic before seriously strengthening the squad beforehand. We want to sell Matic? We better be ready to buy three top class CMs in that case because if not, we don't have even one of those. Want to sell Oscar? Well we better go out and buy two top class AMs beforehand... 

In my book, the following players can leave as of yesterday -> Falcao, Pato, Remy, Mikel and Ivanovic. They are either incapable of playing serious minutes or so useless no sane manager would want them to play serious minutes. Losing them is no loss whatsoever regardless of our small squad.  

• Like 1

jones   

Remy, Pato and Falcao are done for sure. No point even discussing them further. 

Mikel is more than likely too. Has no place in Conte's high intensity and enthusiastic approach.

Ivanovic signed an extension after Conte was appointed (I think?), and I would be shocked if he was not to stay another year.

Other than that, it seems more likely Matic will leave than stay and Rahman will either stay or go out on loan. 

If any rumours are to go by bodies in attack and CM + one CD will be coming in. Suggests Conte is thinking 4-4-2 or 3-5-2.

Edited by jones