• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

synavm   

So here's what I'd do. Massive outlay and some links from out of the blue, but it's needed.

GK- Courtois, Begovic

RB- Azpilicueta, Douglas

CB- Bonucci, Zouma, Cahill, Christensen, Terry

LB- Bertrand, Ake

CM- Kante, Fabregas, Matic, Sissoko, Loftus-Cheek

AM- Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Oscar, Walcott, Asamoah

FW- Diego Costa, Morata, Solanke

In: Douglas, Bonucci, Bertrand, Kante, Sissoko, Walcott, Asamoah, Morata

Recall: Christensen, Ake, Solanke

Out: Cuadrado, Salah, Piazon, Mikel, Baba Rahman, Ivanovic, Remy, Pato, Falcao, Bamford, Atsu

I think that would address the problems we face with lack of depth (hence a few players that might not be everyone's first choice, but are capable of doing a job- you need some of these to be 'Home Grown') and the holes we have- mainly in defence. 

Edited by synavm

Harvz   

Payet looks to me like someone that's going to have to try really hard to be good at football, but everything seems to come so naturally to him. Didn't watch a lot of West Ham this season, so didn't really know what the fuss was about. He looks class. 

34 minutes ago, Harvz said:

Payet looks to me like someone that's going to have to try really hard to be good at football, but everything seems to come so naturally to him. Didn't watch a lot of West Ham this season, so didn't really know what the fuss was about. He looks class. 

I see some of the blogs already have us sniffing around and saying we'll need to part with £60m to get him. I can't see West Ham selling him even for that. They don't need the money, and now they're at the Olympic Stadium they'll be looking to add a few stars rather than selling them. We certainly don't need to be spending that sort of money on a 29 year old, however good he may be.

Gotta get Kante. Just looks quality. Maka reborn, but a more complete version. 

Belgian & Italian media saying we are going to match Roma's £35 million valuation of Nainggolan & bid £30 million for Kaloujaby from Napoli.

Hoping these three come off. All would be good signings. A midfield three of Fabregas, Nainggolan and Kante would be a dream. Plus, if we can get good money for Matic and Mikel, it might effectively cost us nothing. 

Backuo would be RLC, Van Ginkel and possibly Asamoah if we buy him (he's versatile). If Conte is keeping Oscar (which I hope is not true) he may well become a midfielder rather than a number 10/winger. 

Add a quality striker and being Cuadrado back from loan, and get rid of some of the waste, bring in some money, and we'd be doing well.

Heard we made enquires on Payet recently (before yesterday), Hammers want £60 million and he doesn't want to go.

Lets be clear, prices will sky rocket this summer with the new TV deals - inflation just increased in football. Players who were £20 million players only two years ago would be £40 million now. Prices are going up. And that impacts us not only with bringing players in, but with the amount we get for sales. 

We might even be able to get £40 million for Matic and Oscar if we sold them. Which would be amazing. 

Edited by James Prescott

kratos   

James I love your optimism but I don't think the combined cost of Matic, Mikel and Oscer will offset the outley for the 3 that you mentioned.

36 minutes ago, kratos said:

James I love your optimism but I don't think the combined cost of Matic, Mikel and Oscer will offset the outley for the 3 that you mentioned.

I also think that, whilst we hope that none of those three will be first choice next season, selling 3 senior players when we're already 5 short isn't a sensible course of action.

3 hours ago, James Prescott said:

Gotta get Kante. Just looks quality. Maka reborn, but a more complete version. 

Belgian & Italian media saying we are going to match Roma's £35 million valuation of Nainggolan & bid £30 million for Kaloujaby from Napoli.

Hoping these three come off. All would be good signings. A midfield three of Fabregas, Nainggolan and Kante would be a dream. Plus, if we can get good money for Matic and Mikel, it might effectively cost us nothing. 

Backuo would be RLC, Van Ginkel and possibly Asamoah if we buy him (he's versatile). If Conte is keeping Oscar (which I hope is not true) he may well become a midfielder rather than a number 10/winger. 

Add a quality striker and being Cuadrado back from loan, and get rid of some of the waste, bring in some money, and we'd be doing well.

Heard we made enquires on Payet recently (before yesterday), Hammers want £60 million and he doesn't want to go.

Lets be clear, prices will sky rocket this summer with the new TV deals - inflation just increased in football. Players who were £20 million players only two years ago would be £40 million now. Prices are going up. And that impacts us not only with bringing players in, but with the amount we get for sales. 

We might even be able to get £40 million for Matic and Oscar if we sold them. Which would be amazing. 

James.

1) Did you watch Cuadrado in the PL? If so how you think him coming back is a good idea I've no idea. He needs to be sold ASAP to get as much of our money back as possible. 

2) Asamoah is probably (I can't say it for certain as I don't follow Juve enough) one of the most injury prone players at Juve. Why is it such a good idea to buy him when he's always on the injury table. 

3) I've not given up on Van Ginkle yet but after the last two and a half seasons he has had (two bad injuries and lack of playing time due to not being selected). Isn't it better that he stays at PSV where he finally looks settled and allow him to have a full season playing week in week out? 

4) How is selling Matic and Mikel going to cover the cost of Nainggolon and Kante? 

These are honest questions James and I am not trying to have a pop, but from reading that last post it appears to me you just want to make transfers for transfers sake.

47 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

I also think that, whilst we hope that none of those three will be first choice next season, selling 3 senior players when we're already 5 short isn't a sensible course of action.

I don't think we are about  to bring in many top names right now.  Just a few numbers 4 or 5 Mereileses would do.  If Oscar came up for sale we ought to be buying players like him.  Whereas I see Mikel being a starter on a regular basis again.  Creative players like Lampard and Fabregas just love playing with him because they know the short pass from him will be perfectly weighted, the opponent coming to mark you being on one side of the body, the pass on the other.  Crisp enough to move on or pass with one touch.  Players like Mikel are very rare.

And I agree we can't sell those three.  I am not even sure we should sell Remy unless the Chinese offer us a very good deal.

4 hours ago, James Prescott said:

Which makes it worse that we didn't strengthen last season and someone thought it a good idea to stick with what we had..

wasting our time chasing a player who Everton had no intention of selling to us, but if to be believed are quite happy to sell to city now

32 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I don't think we are about  to bring in many top names right now.  Just a few numbers 4 or 5 Mereileses would do.  If Oscar came up for sale we ought to be buying players like him.  Whereas I see Mikel being a starter on a regular basis again.  Creative players like Lampard and Fabregas just love playing with him because they know the short pass from him will be perfectly weighted, the opponent coming to mark you being on one side of the body, the pass on the other.  Crisp enough to move on or pass with one touch.  Players like Mikel are very rare.

And I agree we can't sell those three.  I am not even sure we should sell Remy unless the Chinese offer us a very good deal.

Rémy is the one expendable senior player, if only because he can barely make it onto the pitch. If we get any sort of offer we should jump at it.