Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

34,322 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Alec_Cobas said:

IMO Real Madrid are trying to up the price because there's no way they really believe he's worth that. But maybe they want to keep him. Anyway, I can't see Morata staying happy there, because Zidane plays with one striker and clearly the striker is Benzema. Morata is young and wants to play, not stay on the bench, maybe he would push for the transfer. 

Hopefully if he does push, it drives the price down drastically.

Apparently the Only person in premier league to score more goals than lukaku  in past 4 seasons is aguero. Just turned 23 too.

Now if you have to choose between the two with 60 million being thrown around? .........

Need more goals in the team

Edited by life

Anyone else like the look of Perisic of Croatia? I've been really impressed by his direct running in the couple of games I've watched him in.

Anyone have any idea how his domestic season went? I know Inter were a bit of a shambles but he might have still been half decent.

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Uber Robben said:

Anyone else like the look of Perisic of Croatia? I've been really impressed by his direct running in the couple of games I've watched him in.

Anyone have any idea how his domestic season went? I know Inter were a bit of a shambles but he might have still been half decent.

I can see why you like him based on your username! I think he is a poor mans version of Arjen.

Thats not to knock him though as he is a good player, I seen him a handful of times for Inter and he was always a threat with great pace and strong direct running. He is quite inconsistent though and does not always make the most of situations, I have seen him destroy fullbacks but final ball can be poor as can decision making , a couple of times I watched him he was quite greedy.

He is a threat though and a player I think would do well in England, would have no objections to him coming to Chelsea, but he would frustrate. Not as good as Robben at his best, but probably not quite as frustrating as Gronkjaer was either.

Nice assessment cheers!

yeah I thought that'd be the case re: his end product, always seems the bane of the tricky, direct winger! Lol

On 16 June 2016 at 7:41 PM, Bob Singleton said:

According to We Ain't Got No History, we've had a €50m (£39.5m) offer rejected by Juventus for Bonucci. Seems they want at least €60m (£47.5m).

I'm seriously lagging behind in this thread and I'm on my phone so haven't seen posts beyond yours, but if this is true we should just give them £60m and be done with it.

If there ever was a CB worth that kind of money it's him. 

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I'm seriously lagging behind in this thread and I'm on my phone so haven't seen posts beyond yours, but if this is true we should just give them £60m and be done with it.

If there ever was a CB worth that kind of money it's him. 

I don't care about his age. If Eric Bailly is worth 40 million euros, Bonucci is worth 60. So if Juventus would accept that, Chelsea should offer the money and get one of the best defenders in the world for the next 4-5 years. 

All the Bonucci talk has come from English press and not Italian. Anything that's been mentioned in Italy (which is minimal) seems to have been "sourced" from The Sun, which we all know holds little worth.

49 minutes ago, zaffo said:

All the Bonucci talk has come from English press and not Italian. Anything that's been mentioned in Italy (which is minimal) seems to have been "sourced" from The Sun, which we all know holds little worth.

We'll doubtless sign of a couple of Italian players this summer anyway :)

If we are interested in Morata I hope the club is trying for a deal that would cut out Real Madrid. As far as I understand the player is not under any obligation to sign for them (I may be wrong) and may not want to if he is to be sold on. We could for example offer Juve £30m which may not be as much as they want but is still £7m more than they would get from Real, then we would have to offer Morata an increase on what ever chunk of their profit Madrid are offering to the player to go through two transfers. Real may well have a sell on clause (in which case we have to up our offer to Juve to compensate) where they still get some money if we did it that way, but surely they wouldn't go through the bother to go through buying him and selling on unless they stood to make considerably more, however if not this could indicate that he is actually a purchase for their first team squad and they have no intention of selling him.

For those same reasons I don't like selling our promising youngsters with buy back clauses, there is no guarantee they will want to come back eg I get the impression Christensen doesn't seem to be happy that he wasn't given a shot at our first team and I think could choose another team given the option.

24 minutes ago, terry_john said:

If we are interested in Morata I hope the club is trying for a deal that would cut out Real Madrid. As far as I understand the player is not under any obligation to sign for them (I may be wrong) and may not want to if he is to be sold on. We could for example offer Juve £30m which may not be as much as they want but is still £7m more than they would get from Real, then we would have to offer Morata an increase on what ever chunk of their profit Madrid are offering to the player to go through two transfers. Real may well have a sell on clause (in which case we have to up our offer to Juve to compensate) where they still get some money if we did it that way, but surely they wouldn't go through the bother to go through buying him and selling on unless they stood to make considerably more, however if not this could indicate that he is actually a purchase for their first team squad and they have no intention of selling him.

For those same reasons I don't like selling our promising youngsters with buy back clauses, there is no guarantee they will want to come back eg I get the impression Christensen doesn't seem to be happy that he wasn't given a shot at our first team and I think could choose another team given the option.

Too late, Real Madrid officially announced buying him back yesterday. 

If they're going to sell him on, we'll have to negotiate with them