• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Ham   

Is this game an indication of what Sissoko is capable of with better players around him?  He's looked like Yaya in his prime tonight. 

1 hour ago, CFC1966 said:

My mistake, I thought you said scouting is dead...it's delusional to think that scouting is all about identifying "unknown" talent. All of the above are systematic of a scouting system. FYI and clarity, I'm saying scouting isn't dead...

So our scouts decide what we need, who to bid for and when? Okay.

Which is all getting away from the point I responded to. If you think no one at the club was aware of players like Payet or Kante or was unable to identify their talents and that is why they aren't here ... Well that's either obviously wrong or a very scathing criticism indeed. After all, if scouts were that bad they'd have long ago been fired and replaced with CFCnet forum users ...

2 hours ago, Vinod said:

I had to google Eeyore for context. In any case, I am optimistic for the season. We already have the squad to fight for a top 4 finish. What riles me is the board just throwing money on players who don't seem to be worth the price. We have invested a lot for potential that hasn't come to fruition. Add the startling loss in form of seasoned pros, surely one can understand, if not empathise, with some of the negativity. I live in hope. Having said that a couple of good signings would be a welcome boost to the squad. If we are to start competing for the CL trophy (as opposed to competing for a spot in the competition), the squad needs some serious work. The board has been playing Football Manager way too long.

We don't have the squad for top 4, especially how the other teams are strengthening. 

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Cuadrado?  Who else have we signficantly overpaid for  between Torres and now?  The scouting is fine - we just don't buy enough players.

Baba Rahman

Falcao - huge wages

Salah

Let's not discuss SWP or Sheva eh.

I'm not saying we always get it wrong because we don't. But we need to improve in my view 

etc

2 minutes ago, chelsea_matt said:

Baba Rahman

Falcao - huge wages

Salah

Let's not discuss SWP or Sheva eh.

I'm not saying we always get it wrong because we don't. But we need to improve in my view 

etc

SWP and Sheva were 10 years ago, come on.  

Salah was 11m of which most we will get back.  Rahman, an initial 14m (a year ago when prices were pretty much in suspension waiting for a proper market oepning at new higher levels this late summer.  The only other big overpayment was Matic - but very few would agree with me on that, even now.

The evidence is really very clear we don't over pay,  and we don't have enough players.

6 minutes ago, bluegeeza said:

I wonder what Pepe was saying to Kanté at the end there...? See you at Real Madrid?!

qFg1wYK.jpg

Very bad news for us obviously... :((((((

10 hours ago, James Prescott said:

So it's looks like Madrid have given up on Pogba and are apparently now going for Kante (who wants to go there apparently) and Gomes instead, we have been outbid by Everton for Koulibaly, Morata is staying at Madrid, City bidding for Bonucci. And Nainggolan is staying at Roma.

Yet again, we look like a bunch of amateurs in the transfer market. Missing out to and being outbid by Everton for goodness sake. United have three players already and Pogba nearly wrapped up. Already. 

What the hell are we doing?

Bunch of penny pinching amateurs.

We need to spend big on big players this summer, not piss around penny pinching. We need players before pre-season, not waiting till late August as we seem to be doing yet again.

So sick of this crap every summer. 

One name for you there: Emenalo

This piece of work has single handedly taken it upon himself to ruin Chelsea FC

7 hours ago, Gormangorman said:

One name for you there: Emenalo

This piece of work has single handedly taken it upon himself to ruin Chelsea FC

Unpleasant post.  Why do feel the need for that?

1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

Unpleasant post.  Why do feel the need for that?

Feels wrong (kidding) but I agree with you. It's a very simplistic argument to blame just one man.